+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The origin of your username

Liked
    2242 times

Default The origin of your username

Some of us have, well, interesting usernames. Our pal Force, Pucsicsal, Slave4Metal and Bawareca come immediately to mind. I wondered if you all might be into sharing where your names came from. I'll even go first.

My name is Brett (not Brent; I still don't know who he is) and I graduated from UCF in Orlando. About 10 years ago, I was trying to figure out an email name for a Hotmail account that would not involve a lot of numbers because so many others had chosen the same name. When I typed in UCFBrett, it was still available, and I've been using it ever since.

Liked
    114 times

I'm too embarrassed to explain mine, but it is something i made up, it doesn't use any numbers, and the odds of someone else thinking of it are extremely unlikely.

Liked
    2242 times

Unsatisfactory answer. Out with it.

Liked
    2165 times

My user name was created when I was setting up a Gmail account and all the ones with my name were take and I did not want one with a bunch of numbers so I just banged out some random keys. Almost everyone erroneously thinks it is some sort of combination of my name. Don't cut yourself on Occam's razor here. My name is actually Boris.

Now my avatar picture was actually very carefully selected from a portfolio of my modeling pictures. I wanted one that captured the essence of my beauty and sensitivity. I must thank The Sheriff for his distinguished skills in artistry as he personally selected this fabulous image for me out of my private portfolio.
    bellwilliam, DocNrock and bawareca like this.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    704 times

My name is a combination of 2 themes. Red 5 was Luke Skywalker's call sign during the battle that destroyed the first Death Star in Star Wars A New Hope. Also, I have a red MX-5.
    Neocataboi likes this.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

JJ1
    Liked
    177 times

Mine is actually a very funny story... My name is JJ but most forums require 3 characters for usernames.

Liked
    70 times

Dutch oven:
    1. Colloquially, a "game" in which one person traps another under a doona after a pungent rectal emission in order to "share" the odour.
    2. An oven located in the Netherlands.
    3. An oven made by a native of the Netherlands.
    -Kevin M.

2010 Subaru WRX

Liked
    1477 times

Pretty boring. My real first name is Richard, and at the time I was tracking an Evo VIII RS and hung out on SoCalEvo.net at that time when I first used that screen name.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by DutchOven View Post
    Dutch oven:
    1. Colloquially, a "game" in which one person traps another under a doona after a pungent rectal emission in order to "share" the odour.
    That's what I thought, but what's a "doona"? I would have said blanket.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Some of us have, well, interesting usernames. Our pal Force, Pucsicsal, Slave4Metal and Bawareca come immediately to mind. I wondered if you all might be into sharing where your names came from. I'll even go first.

My name is Brett (not Brent; I still don't know who he is) and I graduated from UCF in Orlando. About 10 years ago, I was trying to figure out an email name for a Hotmail account that would not involve a lot of numbers because so many others had chosen the same name. When I typed in UCFBrett, it was still available, and I've been using it ever since.
    I thought UCF was University of California at Fresno (I don't even know if there is one).

Liked
    76 times

Similar story to Richard.

My name is John, and I have an Evo IX GSR SE. Pretty boring.

I too hail from the land of socalevo.net

Liked
    114 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Unsatisfactory answer. Out with it.
    Fine, fine. There was this game i used to play a lot at the arcades called Dance Dance Revolution. In the early versions of the game the hardest difficulty was called "Catastrophic". I was on a team that played that game i i was the one who would play to get the highest score, so i would play on the Hardest difficulty, all the time. I was one of the new kids on the scene, (sadly there was a scene) and came up with the name Neo(New)Cata(Catastrophic)Boy(the "i" was just to be cool).

I was frequenting the DDR forums at the time and it just stuck.

Liked
    76 times

No offence, but I would be embarrased of sharing that too! LOL

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by Neocataboi View Post
    Fine, fine. There was this game i used to play a lot at the arcades called Dance Dance Revolution. In the early versions of the game the hardest difficulty was called "Catastrophic". I was on a team that played that game i i was the one who would play to get the highest score, so i would play on the Hardest difficulty, all the time. I was one of the new kids on the scene, (sadly there was a scene) and came up with the name Neo(New)Cata(Catastrophic)Boy(the "i" was just to be cool).

Man am I ever from a different generation than you. I just barely get what you are talking about.

Liked
    19 times

Hahahaha, omfg I didn't know there was a "DDR scene". Ironically, I always thought it was cool to see all those kids playing "Initial D" and "Battlegear" but I didn't have that much $ to blow on a car video game, instead got my first car: a 500$ 1988 accord that I beat the **** out of and then sold for 1000$.

My name is pretty self-explanatory, but I usually run by "eunos" which originates from my first "proper car", a 1992 JDM Miata, which was badged as a Eunos Roadster. I spent most of my student loan on that haha, and it was worth every penny.

Liked
    19 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Man am I ever from a different generation than you. I just barely get what you are talking about.

Liked
    641 times

What can I say after Oli's confession,everything will sound terribly boring I wish that my nickname was somehow related to my rocket science degree,but I dont have any It is just something I made-up in the dawn of the internet forums (14 yrs ago,or more ) and is something like "a guy from Bavaria"(Bawaria in german) in my native language.
    Last edited by bawareca; 06-19-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Liked
    1429 times

I do DDR as a workout at home, but I'm not very good at it. Somewhere between Standard and Heavy on the PS2 games.

Liked
    2242 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    I thought UCF was University of California at Fresno (I don't even know if there is one).
    Fresno is Cal State.

Liked
    2242 times

A DDR scene. That's a new one on me. It's OK, Manny. You're on the right track now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast