+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oli's 2008 SCCA T1 Run-Offs Race at Heartland Park Topeka

Liked
    0 times

Here are a few small thoughts, we can talk over email in more depth on it.

1. All Killer, No Filler. It's a phrase a friend told me about when editing reels and stuff. I'd keep the sitting on grid to a minimum as well as the warm up lap.

2. Maybe use a lower third style title that overlays the video so you can watch the video while getting animations or title cards with sponsor information. This keeps less time on reading plain text, more time for sponsors, and more time on what we want to see, your incredible driving.

3. I really like the green flag notification, lets us know exactly when it happened.

4. Very nice driving. If you keep up this rate of improvement from year to year, maybe we will see a podium next year.
    John
    #522 996 Spec / GTS3
    JC3D // Racecars and Keyframes // 996 Spec

Liked
    545 times

I finally had a chance to watch the video...I don't think I would have been that calm! And that catch in the carousel was pretty sweet.

Steve

Motorsports Photographer imager993's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times

With as much work as you have to do to just drive the car, I wouldn't recommend thinking about the video yourself much. For something larger like the run-offs, you might want to see if you can find a group of college film school students who would want to make a "documentary" or something. I know that there are plenty of people at schools who are looking for interesting content like that.

Just a thought.
    Aaron Kupferman | 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Visual Effects Electric Reality | Motorsports Photography Motorsport Lens | Other Photography AaronKupferman.com

Liked
    2165 times

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
    I finally had a chance to watch the video...I don't think I would have been that calm! And that catch in the carousel was pretty sweet.

Steve

Thanks Steve. I am still not quite sure why she stepped out like that. I thought I was being fairly smooth on the control inputs there....

Liked
    2165 times

Quote Originally Posted by imager993 View Post
    With as much work as you have to do to just drive the car, I wouldn't recommend thinking about the video yourself much. For something larger like the run-offs, you might want to see if you can find a group of college film school students who would want to make a "documentary" or something. I know that there are plenty of people at schools who are looking for interesting content like that.

Just a thought.

That is a great idea. Would you suggest that as the time comes a little closer I write to some of the local colleges in the area of Elkhart Lake, WI for the Run-offs next year?

Oli

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by imager993 View Post

Just a thought.

This is definitely something I would have jumped on when I was in school.
    John
    #522 996 Spec / GTS3
    JC3D // Racecars and Keyframes // 996 Spec

Liked
    1429 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    I'd skip the part with you sitting on the grid waiting to go out on track.
    I actually kinda liked that part. Captures the suspense nicely, but I can see the reasoning for editing it out.

I also agree that you should copy that prick LG and have your sponsors in a mini window if possible.

NA Power, Every hour! andrewdruiz's Avatar
    Liked
    36 times

Great job, Oli

Hope to see you on the podium next year
    1994 RX-7 R2
    1990 Miata

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    That is a great idea. Would you suggest that as the time comes a little closer I write to some of the local colleges in the area of Elkhart Lake, WI for the Run-offs next year?

Oli
    No, just send Louie ahead to scout out the local co-eds. I'm sure he can find a budding young film director . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2