• 1 Post By SDSUsnowboards
  • 1 Post By Johnny_Se7en
  • 1 Post By oem

Thread: Occupy Race Tracks 2012

Liked
    2220 times

Default Occupy Race Tracks 2012

Occupy Race Tracks 2012

I am a member of racing’s 99%. I race cars, but have not yet made it to the professional level. I have driven cars for over 30 years, but have not really put in the practice time, mechanical work and study to be the best.

I probably do not have the skills to get there either. However, I now feel that I should be paid by the successful pro drivers for trying. It isn't fair that those drivers who have worked harder, have studied the discipline, have better setup their equipment and are more skilled should make all that money and have all that glory. Sure, they have their charities that they give millions of dollars to, but I am sure that they write all that off on their tax returns to reduce paying their fair share. Is that fair?

They should pay for my racing, buy me new cars, a new transporter and pay me some of their winnings. The whole system should be changed to accommodate people like me! Let's occupy a race track and demand that those who are better at racing pay for us who aren't as good.

Whining should get us something like media attention, sympathy and money for under-achieving.
    SteveLevin and redtopz like this.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    1478 times

I am a lower-middle-class Republican. I am one of the 99%. My political party is run by the other 1%, a bunch of rich old fart cronies who influence legislation in order to line their own pockets. They do NOTHING for me. But I vote for them anyway, because I believe their BS that cutting taxes of the uber-rich "trickles down" to the masses like me. It's utter nonsense, but then, they are going to get that (N-word) out of the White House this year, so I will vote against my own interests once again, and then hold a tea party.
    Olitho likes this.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    977 times

Olitho likes this.

Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Liked
    743 times

Comparing two unlike things, very good.

Being a pro racer takes, more than anything else, money. All the talent, know-how and dedication in the world will not replace a 9-5 job to pay the bills. Unless, I guess, you are a child prodigy and get into the sport professionally before--or at about the same time--your folks kicks you out. Most of our parents probably tried to shoe horn us into music, soccer, and other completely useless things.

That said, I think I deserve a portion of YOUR talent, 99% or not. Give it to me.
    Last edited by SDSUsnowboards; 01-17-2012 at 09:34 PM.
    Olitho likes this.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    145 times

Ok people get ready for your Blazing Saddles moment. Since the Sheriff went there! I consider my self a Reagan Democrat and have voted that way since Cliton left office. Why because I what see the Democrats as a bunch of amoral pimps, they use the poor and ethnic groups to fill there pockets yet they can't keep there pants up. Some would say what does it matter if the aid swallowed or spit, it's just wrong and yes (Jerry Falwell moment, I do go to service) feel that America should have leaders with morals hence I voted Republican in the primaries, I vote for who comes closest to what I believe.

I have always had to work hard for everything I have, nothing was handed to me because of the color of my skin. The amount of taxes I have paid this year would pay someone's salary in the bottom 25%. I pay my taxes to live in a free country that has a strong defense, not to pay programs that do little or nothing and no lasting results. Am I insensitive to no, I just can't keep throwing money at you.

Oh and one last thing I would have became a Republican but for some reason they always find one wack job to represent them.

With all that said I will come down off my soapbox.

Peace
    Last edited by Johnny_Se7en; 01-17-2012 at 09:26 PM. Reason: One last thing
    Olitho likes this.
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

oem
    Liked
    3 times

I think it is funny that Oli only poked fun at the wack-jobs of the occupy scene and Richard automatically defends them by attacking the Republican Party.

And with typical liberal banter....blah blah blah rich old cronies blah blah blah influence legislation blah blah blah they do nothing for me (ie no hand outs to undeserving individuals.) blah blah blah
    Olitho likes this.

Liked
    560 times

darn those Republicans with their agendas and using Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to fuel the housing bubble and ultimately causing a meltdown when it turned out loaning lots of money to people that couldn't make payments actually went badly!

oh wait. That was Barney Frank and the Democrats that created havoc with the global economy.

Sorry for the confusion.

Steve

Liked
    984 times

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Se7en View Post
    Ok people get ready for your Blazing Saddles moment. Since the Sheriff went there! I consider my self a Reagan Democrat and have voted that way since Cliton left office. Why because I what see the Democrats as a bunch of amoral pimps, they use the poor and ethnic groups to fill there pockets yet they can't keep there pants up. Some would say what does it matter if the aid swallowed or spit, it's just wrong and yes (Jerry Falwell moment, I do go to service) feel that America should have leaders with morals hence I voted Republican in the primaries, I vote for who comes closest to what I believe.

I have always had to work hard for everything I have, nothing was handed to me because of the color of my skin. The amount of taxes I have paid this year would pay someone's salary in the bottom 25%. I pay my taxes to live in a free country that has a strong defense, not to pay programs that do little or nothing and no lasting results. Am I insensitive to no, I just can't keep throwing money at you.

Oh and one last thing I would have became a Republican but for some reason they always find one wack job to represent them.

With all that said I will come down off my soapbox.

Peace
    I miss the days when that was our greatest national problem. Great economoy, budget surplus, president getting some on the side. Oh the good old days...

At least it was a girl (albeit an arguably unattractive one) instead of a male prostitute like most of the right wing evangelical preachers end up with in their crack induced "falls from grace".

Seriously, if we can get leaders to do their jobs and congress and senate to cooperate and put the country ahead of their own personal greed, egos, and religious agendas then I really don't care what they do in their bedrooms. We need to stop dividing and pulling ourselves down on both sides and start finding common ground for the good of the nation before it's too late. I wonder if that will be possible? The widespread and seemingly growing ignorance in this country is scary and could be our downfall.

On a lighter note, how 'bout them 49ers?

Liked
    434 times

Quote Originally Posted by redtopz View Post

49ers are ghey.

Go Ravens.
    ~ Jim Tway
    Tway Motorsports
    (714) 528-2150
    #57 Pacific Automotive Recycling Center Corvette

Brought to you by:
    Pacific Automotive Recycling Center
    PA Construction
    American Heritage Performance

Liked
    714 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    Occupy Race Tracks 2012

I am a member of racing’s 99%.
    That's a pretty good place to be.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    2220 times

My posting of my missive on the Corvette Racing Forum has spawned a shirt:

http://lozierheatingcooling.com/Gary%20FTP/occupy.bmp

Liked
    114 times

wow, Oli! You're just...weird to me. Did something happen to you yesterday you wanna talk about?

Liked
    2220 times

Quote Originally Posted by 2GRX7 View Post
    wow, Oli! You're just...weird to me. Did something happen to you yesterday you wanna talk about?
    Not that I can think of.... Since I hit the wall at Turn 1 at ACS on Saturday I have never felt giddier.....

Oli

Liked
    434 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    Not that I can think of.... Since I hit the wall at Turn 1 at ACS on Saturday I have never felt giddier.....

Oli
    Wait, you did what? We need details, pictures and videos.
    ~ Jim Tway
    Tway Motorsports
    (714) 528-2150
    #57 Pacific Automotive Recycling Center Corvette

Brought to you by:
    Pacific Automotive Recycling Center
    PA Construction
    American Heritage Performance

Liked
    1433 times

Quote Originally Posted by redtopz View Post
    I miss the days when that was our greatest national problem. Great economoy, budget surplus, president getting some on the side. Oh the good old days...

At least it was a girl (albeit an arguably unattractive one) instead of a male prostitute like most of the right wing evangelical preachers end up with in their crack induced "falls from grace".

Seriously, if we can get leaders to do their jobs and congress and senate to cooperate and put the country ahead of their own personal greed, egos, and religious agendas then I really don't care what they do in their bedrooms. We need to stop dividing and pulling ourselves down on both sides and start finding common ground for the good of the nation before it's too late. I wonder if that will be possible? The widespread and seemingly growing ignorance in this country is scary and could be our downfall.

Monica wasn't at all bad looking. She was no model, but between her and Hildog, I'd take Monica any day of the week!

Liked
    2220 times

Quote Originally Posted by jimt View Post
    Wait, you did what? We need details, pictures and videos.
    Don't worry Jim. I saved any damage to the car by sticking my head out the window before the impact and cushioning the blow with my forehead.

All is good. I am just real happy these days. The Sheriff says something about "a bottle in front of me...."

Oli

Liked
    114 times

SEE! I knew something happened. Every time something happens to you, you get into a political rant! LOL! I'm starting to think you hit your head a few too many times ;-)

+ Reply to Thread