+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nurburgring, Finding A Driver

Liked
    0 times

Default Nurburgring, Finding A Driver

I'm currently visiting France, planning a trip through Germany and am planning on stopping by the ring. I'll be there in a few weeks. I'm not prepared to drive it and it's to late and expensive to hire a taxi like the BMW tours. What I'm hoping for is to find somebody driving it already that will take me as a passenger.

Has anyone been there? Do you know what the chances are of me finding somebody to ride with for a reasonable price? Thanks!

Liked
    165 times

Quote Originally Posted by M NINE View Post
    I'm currently visiting France, planning a trip through Germany and am planning on stopping by the ring. I'll be there in a few weeks. I'm not prepared to drive it and it's to late and expensive to hire a taxi like the BMW tours. What I'm hoping for is to find somebody driving it already that will take me as a passenger.

Has anyone been there? Do you know what the chances are of me finding somebody to ride with for a reasonable price? Thanks!
    Anybody in the paddock area will be happy to take you for a ride! (Free of charge, just buy them a beer afterwards). The Touristfahrten (tourist-driving) track days are like a big car meet with occasional lapping sessions mixed in. It's a bunch of people hanging out, talking about their cars with each other, and going out for hot laps. Very nice people, anyone will be happy to take you out. I would try to find a level-headed person with a lot of Ring experience who is not going to try to show off with you in the car

Liked
    0 times

Great advice, thanks! I will be there on a Touristfahrten day so I hope to have some luck. It should go well with the BMW factory tour in Munich a few days prior.

LongWinded National Champ Bueller's Avatar
    Liked
    168 times

Get in-car footage if you can.
    Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

FIA WTCC/Formula D Driver MiataCharles_Hong_Kong's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by M NINE View Post

My friend who's also a great driver himself went to Nur not so long ago and he rode along with a random British driver driving a GT3 and had the ride of his life(under 8 min). Said it was the first time he felt scared and amazed as a passenger in a car. Judging by that, if you see a group of Porsche drivers in the weekdays, they are probably amateur but driving at a pro level, I believe that many local amateur drivers there are pretty damn good and you can just ask and trust riding with them...for free.

Liked
    1 times

Fly me out and I'll drive for you. I've done thousands of laps on Forza and Gran Turismo.
    "The crashes people remember, but drivers remember the near misses" -Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread