+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: NSX Crash @ Buttonwillow this weekend

Liked
    258 times

joined and made first post in an old thread bashing an organization for an event that happened 3+ months ago...

Where is the sheriff when you need him?

BID

Liked
    1 times

I'm not trying to bash extreme speed. We're prepping for another event with a different organization and the whole paying for towing incident came up. I never really heard too much about it since I was running my session when my friend was asked to pay. Later in the conversation he tells me how other people were also asked for hundreds of dollars to tow. I though it was weird so googled something along the lines of "extreme speed pay for tow" and found this thread. Before being here I had no idea this was a regular occurrence and wanted to interject since it seemed people were only being charged 50 bucks a tow when the event I was at was ten times more.

Extremespeed also posts regularly on the other forum I'm on and everyone always gets excited about cheap track day, but no one realizes you have to pay extra if anything were to go wrong. I'm not here to crap on them, like I said they were nice, but it wasn't aware of the other thread discussing the event and wanted to make others aware of this. If I had known prior to the event that they charge to tow I wouldn't have given them my business.
    Red_5 likes this.

Liked
    231 times

We (AROSC) never have charged for a tow, or for having your car fire extinguished. The only other time I have ever heard of a tow charge, other than Extreme Speed, was at a Buttonwillow event with NCRC. Luc stated that if you run out of gas on the track and have to be towed, he would charge you. There should be no excuse for running out of gas in 20-30 minute sessions.
    Terry Watson
    AROSC Competition Director

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by Slaysman View Post
    We (AROSC) never have charged for a tow, or for having your car fire extinguished. The only other time I have ever heard of a tow charge, other than Extreme Speed, was at a Buttonwillow event with NCRC. Luc stated that if you run out of gas on the track and have to be towed, he would charge you. There should be no excuse for running out of gas in 20-30 minute sessions.
    Luc's a schmuck . . . But he doesn't come close to NASA National Director (from Nor Cal) Jerry Kunzman. What a piece of nasty, idiotic crap . . .

I can't say anything bad about the officials and volunteers of SCCA CalClub, other than they are so old that it is amazing they can find their way to the track on race day . . .
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 09-02-2014 at 09:17 PM.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    51 times

I run with XS a lot. In fact, I've never run with anyone else. I've never been towed in or spilled oil on track. Never heard of the tow charge but they charge $20 for fluid clean-up.

They are low cost and you might have traffic issues but that was mostly when I was running in the noob groups.

If you wait it out, the field will thin and you can get your open laps later in the day.

I don't rely on announcements from the PA. I take a look at the cars in the run group before mine and remember a few of them.

When they are on track I wait for their checker and then go to grid.

I like the people that run Extreme Speed. I look forward to seeing them at events.

Liked
    887 times

Sadly, I am not an excellent driver.

. . . but I also like the peopel the run Extreme Speed.

Liked
    150 times

Why doesn't XS just clear the air? This seems like just bad publicity. Is there or isn't there a tow charge?

If there is a tow charge and everyone knows about it then it's no big deal. If you still sign up and drive with them then you accept the possible charge.
    MR2 Spyder 2zz turbo
    Mazda RX7 FD
    Porsche 911E

Liked
    51 times

From what I understand, if you are incredibly good looking he will waive the fee. Looks like I'm in the clear. YMMV

LOL. Just kidding. I texted Joel the link and asked for clarification on the policy.

For anyone who thinks I am an "excellent driver" because of my signature, don't folget to click the link.

Liked
    381 times

Quote Originally Posted by F@ck View Post
    From what I understand, if you are incredibly good looking he will waive the fee. Looks like I'm in the clear. YMMV

LOL. Just kidding. I texted Joel the link and asked for clarification on the policy.

For anyone who thinks I am an "excellent driver" because of my signature, don't folget to click the link.
    You drive a Miata so you're automatically terrible in anything with more than 10 horsepower. Sorry bro.

If it makes you feel better my bigger Miata is not much better with its 12 horsepower lawn-mower spec motor.
    Do you understand?

Liked
    51 times

That's why I sold my e46 M3 so I could learn in an appropriate car for my skill level.

Just bought an S2K though so I'm moving on up.

We should meet up at the track sometime so we can learn bad habits from one another. LOL

Liked
    381 times

Quote Originally Posted by F@ck View Post
    That's why I sold my e46 M3 so I could learn in an appropriate car for my skill level.

Just bought an S2K though so I'm moving on up.

We should meet up at the track sometime so we can learn bad habits from one another. LOL
    I'm all about spreading bad habits hahaha. I want to check out your BBFW bar too!
    Do you understand?

Liked
    192 times

I sense a love connection here...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5