+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Note From My Race Season: Matt Dennison/o-townFLA

Liked
    5 times

Default A Note From My Race Season: Matt Dennison/o-townFLA

Wow! What can I say? It was a great experience participating in the 2009 Redline Time Attack series. From driving my registered daily driven 2006 Evolution IX to work and home, up and down the state of California and Nevada to participate in the events and drive it back home after the event is a task within its self. But to do it fully loaded with an extra set of wheels and tires, tools and equipment and to succeed at the event is beyond my doubt astonishing. And the people you meet at the track are a class act alone and will be friends for a long time to come.

On the racing side, I really did not realize what I had in me. The tracks I drove on brought the raw talent out of me, as most of the courses were green to me. Throughout the course of the day I was able to go faster and faster as I pushed the boundaries within myself further and further. With doing so I completed the four RTA-West series races with four podium finishes. Three of those being 1st place finishes and the other a 3rd. With those total points acquired I clinched the 2009 Redline Time Attack – West – Stock-AWD Championship.

I cannot give enough thanks to my sponsors for being there for me and having the same faith and comment as me. Just as I said before, “with your support and my dedication, I believe we will have many wins throughout the season”, which it has.

- Tuning Technologies
    - RobiSpec
    - Mil.Spec
    - Mishimoto
    - Prosport Gauges

With all said and done for this year. Let’s make the next even better…!

Thanks,
    Matt Dennison
    -MattDennison
    Road///RaceEngineering - FederalTires - ROBISPEC /// - OdysseyBatteries - ACT - SPY+optics

Liked
    1477 times

Matt -

Congratulations on a great 2009 season! I know first hand what it's like to drive to road courses all over Calif. and Nev. with an Evo full of tires and tools, driving a caged car with a racing seat and no a/c, but without all your success.

Have you considered going wheel-to-wheel racing in 2010? It's a blast. Bueller and Kent Jordan before him have proven it can be done in an Evo.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif Chris@Xtremespeed's Avatar
    Liked
    48 times

Great Job Matt!
    You're a true grass roots racer.
    Congrats on your victory. I'm sure we'll see more of you in the future.

Liked
    1 times

congrats matt! well done this year...
    hopefully i'll see you out there next season.

Liked
    47 times

Congrats on the season Matt, it seemed like you drove your heart out and I feel those results are deserving.

LongWinded National Champ Bueller's Avatar
    Liked
    168 times

Matt, congrats on your season. Its great to see more grassroots guys like you and Erik representing the Evo community. When you guys are ready to start racing, let me know and ill come out and crew for you guys.

Here is one thing i would suggest. Why not talk to redline about having more time attacks? I understand money is an issue for everyone, but if i were committed to time attacks, i would be pretty disappointed if there were only 4 time attacks in 1 year. If i were competing in time attacks i would want that to at least double, something around 8-10 time attacks a season.
    Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

Liked
    103 times

^for the record, Redline time attack just secured investors for 2010, and will be running 6-8 west coast events and 4-5 east coast.

LongWinded National Champ Bueller's Avatar
    Liked
    168 times

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFocus View Post
    ^for the record, Redline time attack just secured investors for 2010, and will be running 6-8 west coast events and 4-5 east coast.
    Sounds like a step in a better direction. But 6-8 events is still not enough. If you want it to be an actual season long series, youre going to have to offer at least 8-10 time attacks a season. At least thats what i would want if i were competing in time attacks. Sorry for the off-topic commentary. If there is a time attack suggestion thread, i suppose we could note it there.
    Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

Liked
    103 times

^well we'll see what the final count of events is come the release of the new schedule. I would love to see more events for the 2010 calender, i just dont know if my wallet does

Liked
    2 times

Great job Matt!

Liked
    0 times

Congrats man glad to have met you, hope to see you next season when I start competing =]
    -Paul

07 laguna s2000

What's Traction Control? 600RR_Rocket's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Awesome job Matt!!!

I was cool hanging out with you as next door (garage) neighbors at the last ACS RTA event. Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread