+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hakeem

Thread: Nick quit Redline!!! Sad to see this.

Liked
    0 times

Default Nick quit Redline!!! Sad to see this.

Here is the email that Nick just sent out:
    Hello Everyone,
    For nearly 10 years I have been afforded the wonderful opportunity to pursue a passion of mine centered on automobiles and motorsports. I have made a tremendous amount of friends along the way, none of whom I will soon forget.* So it is with a heavy heart that I must announce my resignation as Manager, President and CEO of RLTA, LLC dba Redline Track Events.
    Since November of 2009, I have had the absolute pleasure of pursuing the dream of running Redline Track Events full time.* I sincerely wish to thank those who have made this possible for me. I also want to wish the best of luck to the remaining members of the Redline team and hope for the continued success of the Redline Track Events brands.
    I have made the decision to depart Redline Track Events voluntarily and of my own accord, in the best interests of myself and my family.
    I look forward to seeing many of the friends I have made along the way. I will never forget those who have helped me personally and who have supported Redline Track Events over the years.
    Sincerely,

--
    Nikolas Malechikos
    A bad day racing is better that a good day working...
    For all you video guys... www.VideoOneRepair.com

Liked
    0 times

I have known, worked with, and supported Nick for many years. This was very sad to see. I want to wish Nick the best of luck in all of his new endeavors.
    A bad day racing is better that a good day working...
    For all you video guys... www.VideoOneRepair.com

Liked
    51 times

Wow...when I started running with them, Chris and Nick were Redline. Then Chris left and now Nick. Guessing to most that will mean no more Redline.

Liked
    1477 times

Redline is a train wreck heading towards bankruptcy. Chris got out at the right time. Nick waited too long. Probably quit after his paycheck bounced.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    72 times

you have to respect a guy for chasing his dreams. Its too bad it has come to this. Best of luck to him.

Liked
    0 times

Certainly... Nik has always been and always will be class... Can't wait to see what he does next, I'm sure without JS involved it will be successful... It makes me dislike that guy even more than I used to... Nik has support from all of us!

Liked
    72 times

I would imagine this move will be back to the corporate world. I would suspect that RL has financially tapped out anyone involved. A steady paycheck with benefits is important with a family.

If he decides to do something related to cars or events on the side in the future that is great. but I have to imagine he is a bit burned out right now. I haven't talked to him, but I can't imagine what the last year has been like at RLTA...

Liked
    165 times

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Andrews View Post
    you have to respect a guy for chasing his dreams. Its too bad it has come to this. Best of luck to him.
    Absolutely.

Liked
    41 times

Best wishes for Nick; I'm sure he's got something up his sleeve for the future

Liked
    977 times

Life with investors can suck sometimes.
    bellwilliam likes this.

Liked
    4 times

bummer to see this...

Liked
    5 times

Nik provided us with a venue to compete against each other for bragging rights. And that was a blast honestly. The exposure you would receive was a huge plus too. I am sure Nik will still be involved in motorsports and would really love to see him start another venue that would involve the grassroot guys. But who knows.

I can't thank him enough for providing us something to build off of.

-Matt
    -MattDennison
    Road///RaceEngineering - FederalTires - ROBISPEC /// - OdysseyBatteries - ACT - SPY+optics

Liked
    103 times

Nik and i go way back, i hope to see him cook up something with the similar feel and fun RTA used to have

Liked
    47 times

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFocus View Post
    Nik and i go way back, i hope to see him cook up something with the similar feel and fun RTA used to have
    For the sake of TA in the states, I think we could use a little consolidation right now.
    Andrew M Brilliant
    Aerodynamicist / Race Engineer

Liked
    103 times

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer_drew View Post
    For the sake of TA in the states, I think we could use a little consolidation right now.
    i agree that the TA community as a whole needs to come together in the name of keeping it alive

or do you mean, the community needs a break to consolidate funds ?
    Last edited by GreyFocus; 08-17-2011 at 09:49 PM.

Liked
    47 times

I mean that there is only a given number of teams, fans, sponsors, cars and dollars that are out there to be put into a sport that was really only just beginning. So having 3 different series competing spreads those thin. its a momentum thing, like any event, the more people go the more people will go. What does it mean to win with only two cars in your class? So at this point i just want to see the limited resources get consolidated so the momentum can start to build again. I think US time attack has been set back by years at this point. I really thought it was going to be something cool back in 09.... hopefully something builds back up to that.

I just got back from WTAC, there were 9500 fans at their second year, there is interest in the sport.
    Last edited by gixxer_drew; 08-18-2011 at 01:42 PM.
    Andrew M Brilliant

Liked
    15 times

big props to Nick for pursuing his dream in motorsport!!
    it is a rare opportunity to really be able to go after your dream and I'm glad Nick gave it his shot =)

I wonder what's gonna happen to RTA next...
    and if there is a way to re-group our TA community...
    I love time attack and I think it is a positive energy for shops in the USA to continue improve their tunning/ product rather than just looking nice in the magazines!!
    Time Attack will live on for sure.. question being how do we get everything back up again???
    momofoolio Racing - http://momofoolio.webs.com

2nd Gen momofoolio Racing Time Attack S2000 - 07 Laguna Blue

Now Full Time Drift Machine - 93 Silvia 240SX S13 KA24DE"T"

New Drift Project - 98 LS14

W2W Companion - 90 NA6 Miata

Special Thanks: WestEnd Alignment, Rising Star Motors, APR Performance, SportCar Motion, Pit Garage, eXtremeSpeed, PuddyModRacing, Berk Technology & Amsoil

Forever Missed: 04 G35, 04 Miata, 04 BMW 325ci, 02 S2000, 91 & 98 Nissan 240SX

Liked
    47 times

Quote Originally Posted by momofoolio View Post
    big props to Nick for pursuing his dream in motorsport!!
    it is a rare opportunity to really be able to go after your dream and I'm glad Nick gave it his shot =)

I wonder what's gonna happen to RTA next...
    and if there is a way to re-group our TA community...
    I love time attack and I think it is a positive energy for shops in the USA to continue improve their tunning/ product rather than just looking nice in the magazines!!
    Time Attack will live on for sure.. question being how do we get everything back up again???
    I think there was a major lesson learned here. Overly agressive growth strategies are really risky.

RTA was losing money at something that everyone else doing it is making money at, my guess is that having a lot of events per year with low attendance and far distances sucked up resources and didnt put any back in. Add events as the attendance permits.

Second, in tough times survival warrants consolidation, expansion should be timed with success. I think we should all together pick a series, one series like GTA or SLB or whatever and just say, this is what we are doing now. Fine its only two events a year in your area, build the best car you can for those two events. Everyone knows what to show up to if they want a good field, fans would know where they can see all the cars at once and focus on rebuilding the momentum that was once there. It may take a year or two. There used to be 50 cars in certain classes at buttonwillow or WSIR when it gets to where they cant get enough cars on track in the sessions they paid for, add more events.
    Andrew M Brilliant

Liked
    1477 times

^^^ Makes sense. No one will do it, but it makes sense.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    47 times

Sad to see something with so much potential get wasted away....
    Andrew M Brilliant

+ Reply to Thread