+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nice site!

NA Power, Every hour! andrewdruiz's Avatar
    Liked
    36 times

Default Nice site!

Hello all!

I've been lurking around this site for the past couple of weeks, and, well, I finally decided to join There is a lot of good info on this site and some very talented drivers!

I've recently gotten into doing track days in my '86 RX-7 and it's been a blast! (Yes it's an old car, but I'm just a broke college student, haha) I've completed two events at Buttonwillow and two at Streets of Willow, and I hope there are many more to come!

Take care!

-Andrew

Motorsports Photographer imager993's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times

Hey Andrew, Welcome to the site!

Any photos or video of your car? As I am sure you can tell, we like our media on this site.

Looking forward to your input on the site and seeing you on the track.
    Aaron Kupferman | 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Visual Effects Electric Reality | Motorsports Photography Motorsport Lens | Other Photography AaronKupferman.com

Liked
    34 times

Welcome aboard Andrew! Glad you like this site.
    The FC is a more than capable track machine. But It really doesn't matter what car you drive. You can still have lots of fun at the track even in a pickup truck. Looking forward to meeting you at the track!!

NA Power, Every hour! andrewdruiz's Avatar
    Liked
    36 times

Quote Originally Posted by imager993 View Post
    Hey Andrew, Welcome to the site!

Any photos or video of your car? As I am sure you can tell, we like our media on this site.

Looking forward to your input on the site and seeing you on the track.
    I have an in-car video from Mazfest, but my roll bar mount isn't the "gel" padded type, so it has some vibrations, and I had some issues that day, my clutch fluid kept boiling which meant I couldn't shift at all! My brakes sucked, no corner balance, etc. etc. But, I do have a few pics:

Here's my first track event at Streets, I started with some no-name brand street tire, then after getting the hang of it, I bumped up to Azenis towards the end of the day.

Here's one at my first event at Buttonwillow chasing down an M3 and 911.

Here's a pic of my second event at streets. I'm running 9" Goodyear slicks. I never really got the hang of the tire pressures, they took too long to warm up (or they were just old), and overall I really didn't like them for running track days. I've gone back to RA-1's since then, because I can leave them at a pretty constant pressure/shock setting, they warm up nicely, they last a long time, and I can get them from Speed World Challenge cars for cheap

And here's one of some RX-7 cannibalism.

Oh, and trust me, the car is a bit too photogenic :P You'll know what I mean if you ever get the chance to see my car in person

Quote Originally Posted by mlk_f1 View Post
    Welcome aboard Andrew! Glad you like this site.
    The FC is a more than capable track machine. But It really doesn't matter what car you drive. You can still have lots of fun at the track even in a pickup truck. Looking forward to meeting you at the track!!
    Actually, I found the site because you took some pics and posted a thread on the West section of RX7club.com, I'm friends with the owner of the blue FD with the license plate "Y2K RX7". Yeah, the FC is a great car, and it's definitely capable, and if I total one, I can pick up a roller for less than a grand and swap it all over, so that's a + I have an FD too, but it's just too mint and too nice to tear into it and turn into a track warrior, but man... the double wishbone suspension on the FD is just amazing!

Liked
    34 times

I always liked the curves on the FD. Its very rare to find one in mint condition nowadays. If you do, be prepare to pay top $$$$. I saw a clean one selling for $30k + awhile ago. And they were what $34k 15yrs ago when new.

Motorsports Photographer imager993's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times

Nice car I'll be looking for you in my rear view mirror.
    Aaron Kupferman | 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Visual Effects Electric Reality | Motorsports Photography Motorsport Lens | Other Photography AaronKupferman.com

+ Reply to Thread