+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In the news: California gives Lotus Enginering 2 million dollars

Liked
    142 times

Default In the news: California gives Lotus Enginering 2 million dollars

When I first saw the headline I was taken back. I have to pay my taxes like every good citizen should and thought what a waist of money. After I read the article, I started think, better to spend money on emerging technology than trying to save the old. Anyway here's the link.

California Gives Lotus Engineering $2 Million for Lightweight Materials Study - Wide Open Throttle - Motor Trend Magazine
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Liked
    1477 times

$2 million is pocket change to the state. Anything that brings Lotus to California is good a far as I am concerned.

There are so many state laws and regulations that are anti-motorist, and especially anti-sports car, anti-modifications, etc. Giving money to Lotus is an incredible about-face for California.
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 09-09-2010 at 10:01 PM.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    $2 million is pocket change to the state. Anything that brings Lotus to California is good a far as I am concerned.

There are so many state laws and regulations that are anti-motorist, and especially anti-sports car, anti-modifications, etc. Giving money to Lotus is an incredible about-face for California.
    Hella Functional

Liked
    15 times

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac88 View Post
    +1

Liked
    1477 times

^^^ Thanks for the thumbs up, guys. Lotus is the ONLY car manufacturer in the world that understands that reducing weight improves performance. Porsches get heavier. BMWs get heavier. Evos get heavier. Etc. Etc.

It would be great if Lotus opened an office in California, maybe a design studio or something.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    15 times

^^^ Thanks for the thumbs up, guys. Lotus is the ONLY car manufacturer in the world that understands that reducing weight improves performance. Porsches get heavier. BMWs get heavier. Evos get heavier. Etc. Etc.

It would be great if Lotus opened an office in California, maybe a design studio or something.
    I think they all understand it but aren't willing to make the "sacrifices" to actually do it. Its easier for them just to add more power.

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by zjchaser View Post
    I think they all understand it but aren't willing to make the "sacrifices" to actually do it. Its easier for them just to add more power.
    I guess what I meant to say is that Lotus is the ONLY car manufacterer that PUTS INTO PRACTICE its knowledge that reducing weight improves performance.

Post-College Racing Sloth hikickracing's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times

not only that, 2m isn't that much for a full scale RnD project for an international auto maker.

Still, 2m is 2m
    Aztec Racing
    fsae.sdsu.edu

www.hikickracing.com

Liked
    2 times

Agreed.

Liked
    20 times

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zjchaser View Post
    +1

+ Reply to Thread