+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New V8 M3 a Disappointment?

Liked
    1477 times

Default New V8 M3 a Disappointment?

You should go to www.m3forum.com on the E92 M3 forum and look at all the hand wringing that is going on over negative reviews of the new M3. In essence the reviews say the V8 engine is great, but the the steering is numb and soft, and that the car is too heavy and designed more toward luxury than performance.

The M3 guys are beating each other to a pulp over this.

Liked
    34 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    ......., but the the steering is numb and soft, and that the car is too heavy and designed more toward luxury than performance.
    I have a feelin eventually all road cars will be like this in the future. The auto makers are adding too much crap on to the cars now a day. The DOT regualtions doesn't help either.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by mlk_f1 View Post
    I have a feelin eventually all road cars will be like this in the future. The auto makers are adding too much crap on to the cars now a day. The DOT regualtions doesn't help either.

True.
    In the mean time enjoy vehicles like the new Audi R8, simple to work on .. remove front/rear bumpers, most components are exposed. Magnetic ride = awesomeness, very stiff in sport mode .. R-tronic transmission grows on you. I'll try and snap a few pictures tomorrow.

Liked
    34 times

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty D View Post
    True.
    In the mean time enjoy vehicles like the new Audi R8, simple to work on .. remove front/rear bumpers, most components are exposed. Magnetic ride = awesomeness, very stiff in sport mode .. R-tronic transmission grows on you. I'll try and snap a few pictures tomorrow.
    I like to see it in person and maybe get a ride in it as well. When is your next track day? Is the R-tronic tranny an automatic torque coverter box with manul mode. Or is it the dual Clutch DSG box?

Liked
    0 times

I like to see it in person and maybe get a ride in it as well. When is your next track day? Is the R-tronic tranny an automatic torque coverter box with manul mode. Or is it the dual Clutch DSG box?

Same as the Gallardo transmissions . Word is improvements were made to the clutchs and other components.
    I'm just training on the R8, not mine to drive or anything like that.

If you want to cought up the cash to test drive one at the track along with other Audi line up vehicles.. check this out:

New Audi Driving Experience Program

JUL 05, 2007 | Source: AoA | Author: Steven Kinkade

For the past six years, Audi of America has offered the Audi Driving Experience via Panoz Racing School at Sebring and at Road Atlanta and has hosted other consumer ride-and-drive events such as Streets of Tomorrow. As part of our ongoing strategy to "get people in our cars," this year Audi of America will offer a new, comprehensive Audi Driving Experience program. This program will feature 10 signature events in five major U.S. markets as well as performance driving events at an Audi-branded driving site in northern California. AoA has teamed up with London-based Emotive to provide exceptional driving experiences across the United States.

- The tour will offer the opportunity to drive the full line of the most current Audi vehicles, including the all-new TT, A4 and Audi Q7, while experiencing the 420-horsepower R8 up close and receiving an introduction to the all-new S5 launching in the fall.

- The 2007 Audi Driving Experience tour will visit major markets across the United States: Miami, Chicago, New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco.

- This nationwide tour will be conducted on renowned racing circuits: Infineon Raceway, California Speedway, Autobahn Country Club, Pocono Raceway and Homestead-Miami Speedway.

- The Audi Driving Experience will offer two driving programs: a complimentary two-hour introductory program that will teach the fundamentals of driving and a half-day enthusiast course that includes more driving time and the opportunity to drive an R8 on the racetrack (program cost $595).

- The Audi Sportscar Experience will be headquartered at a multi-million dollar facility located trackside at Infineon Raceway. This location will feature driving instruction in high-performance Audi vehicles such as the R8, RS 4, S8, S6 and an introduction to the all-new S5.

This Infineon venue will provide us with a strategic corporate-branded base in the beautiful wine country of Sonoma Valley. This venue can be used for press, dealer, customer, fleet and sales training ride-and-drive events, as appropriate.

2007 Schedule

July 28-Aug. 1 - Miami
    Aug. 14-16; 21-22 - Chicago (subject to change)
    Aug. 30-31; Sept 4-6 - New York
    Sept. 12-16 - San Francisco
    Sept. 29-30; Oct. 1-2, 6-7 - Miami
    Oct. 16, 18 - New York
    Oct. 24-31 - Chicago
    Nov. 10-12; 16-18 - Los Angeles
    Nov. 27-30, Dec. 1-3 - San Francisco
    Dec. 15-18 - Los Angeles

We may expand the number of markets in the future.

The Audi sportscar experience will operate from the base location at Infineon starting about Aug. 1 and will average 180 event days per year during a full year of operation.

Venues

Miami - Homestead-Miami Speedway, Homestead, FL
    Chicago - Autobahn Country Club, Joliet, IL
    New York - Pocono Raceway, Long Pond, PA
    Los Angeles - California Speedway, Fontana, CA
    San Francisco - Infineon Raceway, Sonoma, CA

We will also hold special ASE programs at California Speedway in January/February 2008. Also, stay tuned for Winter Driving Experience updates with destination locations in early 2008.

We need your assistance promoting the complimentary two-hour Audi driving experience as a loyalty/repurchase program. Additionally, we will offer a 10 percent dealer discount for individual and group admission tickets to the ADE enthusiast and ASE programs. For 2007 only, we will offer a special dealer incentive: for every 10 programs purchased at the 10 percent discount, you will receive one free ticket to the same ADE or ASE program for you or a customer to use. Also, we will offer a dealer discount to rent the base location at Infineon for driving events.

Please promote the Audi Driving Experience to your customers as a way to improve their own driving expertise and leverage Audi engineering to advance their driving skills. Invite them to register for the ADE, where they will learn the Truth about Audi products and the brand through an exciting, hands-on driving experience and "earn their colors."

To find out more about the Audi Driving Experience and Audi Sportscar Experience - including the event curriculum and pricing - please visit www.audidrivingexperience.com starting July 11. To register yourself and your customers, please contact 1.800.466.5792 to ensure you receive the dealer discounted price.

This exciting new program will be successful only if we work as partners to promote and support the Audi Driving Experience and the Audi Sportscar Experience.

Motorsports Photographer imager993's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times

Well Hot Dog, (or banana) I'm signing up for that!

Liked
    0 times

No kidding. People are getting lazier and more and more dependent on creature comforts. Electric windows and seats? Geez come on...operating those manually isn't a triathlon.

I like Lotus sticking to their old-age philosophy though. Blah..if people don't like a bumpy-sporty suspension. Don't get a sports car. Don't even get me started on people who buy coilovers with linear springs and complain that the ride is harsh. I wonder if the M3 has a bunch of webbed rubber bushings now.

Liked
    34 times

Quote Originally Posted by szed View Post
    No kidding. People are getting lazier and more and more dependent on creature comforts. Electric windows and seats? Geez come on...operating those manually isn't a triathlon.
    Thats not a problem for the general public IMO. I'd like a daily driver with all the amenities I can get.
    But for all we driving enthusiast out there, we need more future niche vehicles that emphasize more on the driving side of things.

Liked
    0 times

As technology advances, so do driving aids. The oldschool testers at the magazines do NOT like anything that brings the driver away from the car. The new M3 will be a good car, it will just be more of a street car.

Super!
    -Zach
    2005 GPW Honda S2000

+ Reply to Thread