+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Proposed Racetrack in SoCal!

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

Default New Proposed Racetrack in SoCal!

My buddy Tom Malloy has been working on building another racetrack in between Buttonwillow and Willow Springs and needs your help!

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...orts-Park.aspx

Billy

What's Traction Control? 600RR_Rocket's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Assuming the county approves it...does Thomas E. Malloy already have the funds to finance a project like this?

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

Quote Originally Posted by 600RR_Rocket View Post
    Assuming the county approves it...does Thomas E. Malloy already have the funds to finance a project like this?
    I'm pretty sure he does as well as other investors. If I recall the main problem was the permits and tree-huggers. He does need our support!

Liked
    0 times

so how can we help?

Liked
    1477 times

14 miles northwest of Lancaster puts it right next door to Willow Springs. Is this the same guy who is trying to build a private club on a landlocked parcel adjacent to Turn 2 of WSIR?
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

What's Traction Control? 600RR_Rocket's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by gofaster View Post
    so how can we help?
    Instructions are on page 2 of that article:

Your Help Is Needed
    In order to make this beautiful new motorsports complex a reality, we must have the approval of the County of Los Angeles. The Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) has been distributed and the County is receiving opposition comments from a small but vocal group associated with the nearby Poppy Reserve. Despite the facts clearly stated in the report, this group has distributed incorrect information about the project which is addressed later in this letter. A digital copy of DEIR Case No: 02-176 is available HERE

This is where you come in. If you feel, as many in the community do, that this new project would be beneficial and desirable for the area, we would appreciate your support. First you can provide a positive independent voice in a letter campaign to the County of Los Angeles supporting this race track. I have attached a copy of our brochure which contains some track renderings and additional information. Your letters need only be short containing one or two paragraphs highlighting the points made here, as well as your own opinion.

Second, I am requesting your attendance at a Regional Planning Commission Public Hearing to be held on Wednesday September 2, 2009 at 9:00 AM at the Hall of Records, 320 West Temple St. Los Angeles, Room 150, in support of the new facility. I know this is a big request, but I think you’ll find it very worthwhile and interesting.

The track will be built in an unincorporated part of Los Angeles County in Supervisor Mike Antonovich’s Fifth District. Please refer to DEIR Case No: 02-176 in your letters.

Letters of support should be addressed to Jodie Sackett, Department of Regional Planning, Room1382, Los Angeles County, Department of Regional Planning, 320 West Temple St. Los Angeles, CA 90012. Or you can e-mail Jody: jsackett@planning.lacounty.gov

You can also send your support comments directly to Supervisor Antonovich by emailing the Supervisor at: FifthDistrict@lacbos.org. If you do, please make sure to copy Jodie Sackett.

All letters must be received at the County office no later than August 19th.

Liked
    1477 times

All letters must be received at the County office no later than August 19th.
    This should have been posted a little sooner than 2 days before the deadline (normal mailing time is 2 days), don't you think?

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    This should have been posted a little sooner than 2 days before the deadline (normal mailing time is 2 days), don't you think?
    I saw that too. Looks like the letter has to be hand delivered.

Liked
    0 times

sooo any news on this?!
    LIKE A BOSS

Liked
    1477 times

He's been trying to build it for over 5 years. Don't hold your breath.

It would be great to have another road course in SoCal, but this one has all the same problems as others that have been tried, plus the County will just say "we already have Willow Springs just a few miles away, why should we approve this?"

Liked
    143 times

I think now is the perfect time to get this approved by the county. There is a now a lot of land out there the home builder just abandoned. No one is going to build any thing out there for a while

All cities and counties are hungry for money and much more willing to deal right now.
    MR2 Spyder 2zz turbo
    Mazda RX7 FD
    Porsche 911E

Liked
    2284 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    the County will just say "we already have Willow Springs just a few miles away, why should we approve this?"
    the county can also say "since there are already 4 tracks at WSIR, one extra track isn't going to matter"
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

+ Reply to Thread