+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 21 27 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: New Member Introductions

Liked
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by thalilbear02 View Post
    Name: Jurrian
    Favorite Tracks: Laguna Seca, Sebring
    Current Vehicle: 2002 M3

Experience: 3 skip barber series, many auto-x events, several track days and small race events as well. I'm also a High Performance Driving Instructor
    nice!! i wanna see some fast laptime on socal tracks for ultimate driving machine!!

Liked
    0 times

Just want to introduce myself finally. Thanks Manly for all the help. I will be looking forward to meeting and learning from you guys.

Name: Carlo
    Favorite Tracks: Only been to Buttonwillow and SOW
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Evo IX

Experience: Relatively new to HPDE. I did the Buttonwillow Clinic last December and was at SOW last weekend.

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by stealth_evo View Post
    Just want to introduce myself finally. Thanks Manly for all the help. I will be looking forward to meeting and learning from you guys.

Name: Carlo
    Favorite Tracks: Only been to Buttonwillow and SOW
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Evo IX

Experience: Relatively new to HPDE. I did the Buttonwillow Clinic last December and was at SOW last weekend.
    Welcome!

When people ask me the best way to get started in HPDE in SoCal, I always say the Buttonwillow Performance Driving Clinic. I'm sure you had a great experience on your first track day.

Do they still talk about the guy who totalled a 350Z in the Sunset Turn at the Clinic in 2004? (That was me . . . )
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    0 times

Hey Carlo

Why the name change on this forum??

Richard, I've done the clinic twice, and your 350z incident was brought up at both

At least we can all learn from it!!

Liked
    0 times

What up Richard and Kevin! Yupp that 350z incident was brought up too last December. I am thinking of going back there again this year if some friends will come.

I figured my new screen name is more appropriate now than my socalevo screen name which was based on a firearm LOL. Used to be addicted to practical shooting but one hobby has to give so that goes and tracking stays LOL.
    Death to Garage Queens!

Liked
    0 times

Name: Josh
    Favorite Tracks: Thunderhill, Infenion
    Current Vehicle: RTA- Lee Myles 05 evo 8, HC- H5 89 Crx

Experience: just another monkey in a car

Liked
    0 times

Name: Chad
    Favorite Tracks: ButtonWillow, Streets of Willow (The only two I've ever been to!)
    Current Vehicle: 2001 Honda S2000

Experience: Just finished track day #3!!

Liked
    5 times

Default Aloha...

Name: Matt Dennison
    Experience: only a few track days at California Speedway Infield course
    Car: '06 Mitsubishi Evo IX

well it all started when I was going to hit up a SCCA auto-x venue at CalSpeedway for the first time. During that same time Speed Ventures was also there. So instead of making a left for the auto-x, I kept on going straight toward the Speed Ventures garage. I'm still "green" and have a lot to learn but thats what it's all about...

Gotta give thanks to Tuning Technologies for making the power and RobiSpec/// for allowing me to take corners like no other...

thanks Arron for the track pics!

and my other street carver...

See you guys on the track...!

Liked
    7 times

Default Hi There

My name is Brandon Chappell
    I am 21 years old
    I live in Lost Wag errr... Las Vegas.
    I am former MX kid, after breaking a few to many bones and concussions in my extreme sport outings I got into shifter karts. So naturally the four wheel desire progressed into tracking my Integra and getting into some AX as well. After having problems with thieves and the car being totaled after being hit by a truck on the side of the road while i helped a buddy change a tire, I had a short hiatus from autosport. That was short lived when I picked up an SRT4 with hear this, the sole intent to make it a great DD/ HPDE car . After about 5 frustrating track days I was fed up with swapping axles and chasing handling woes.
    Of course this was a small detour (after saving) to my current car and dream car for 10 years, an Evo. I waited for a good condition STOCK evo to come around and it did.
    Right now I have about 8 track days with the evo and have it modded to about where I want it.
    I am running nearly stock boost with a TBE and tune, along with Robispec V3 and his bushing/RSB. Looking to install a FLSD by the end of the year do to the car being a 2003.
    I run street tires to be economical right now but am looking to pick up another 2 sets of wheels for various tires.
    I am looking to pay the car off next year and start a logbook, set the car up for T2 if eligible or ITE and get into wheel to wheel.
    Right now I have been on;
    Miller Motorsport
    Spring Mountain (home track and there often, run consistent 2:44 with a 2:43 still working on a high 2:3X on street tires. its there trust me )
    LVMS classic course
    I am looking to get out to California tracks next year to get some experience and something different.
    Well that is the story
    Just want to say thank you to Nils for hooking me up with cheap parts and help on the phone, hes a great guy, Along with Mike Bonnani for selling me his parts as well and answering all my questions, and lastly Chris for always making sure the car is running right. Great Friends.
    Thanks guys.
    Thank you for the great site as well Manly!
    Last edited by Bchappy; 10-04-2008 at 12:41 PM.

Liked
    364 times

Ok so this one's a bit overdue =P

Hi guys my names Ameer.
    I'm 20 years old and currently attend UCI.
    I drive an 02' Honda S2000, my first track day was in an MR2 Spyder.

My favorite track would have to be Streets CCW config simply because I find it fun and its a relatively safe track to screw up on

I've met a great deal of you guys already so hopefully you guys remember who I am! If not I'm sure I'll see you guys around tons anyways.

Here's a picture of the MR2:

And one of me in the S:

And what the S looks like now =] with proper tires this time around

No more skating around on all seasons
    Do you understand?

Liked
    0 times

Name: Nick
    Home: San Luis Obispo, CA and Los Altos, CA
    Cars: 2002 Z06 towed by a 1995 Dodge 2500 12v
    Tracks driven: Thunderhill, Buttonwillow, Reno-Fernley
    Favorite track: Probably Reno-Fernley

Track experience: Started less than two years ago after I turned 18. Took me a couple events to truly get hooked, but now I can't stay away. I probably am doing about 15+ days per year now and it can only get better I usually run in whatever is the highest group for whoever is running, but know I still have tons of room for improvement.

Started out with an 02 Subaru WRX but soon decided it was not up to par for lots of track time (along with always breaking stuff). Upgraded to an 07 STi and drove that for a year, doing double duty as daily driver/track toy. I wanted something dedicated to track use, and also kind of wanted rwd so I sold that earlier this year and about 2 months ago bought the Corvette already built for track use.

Don't have any good pictures, but here's one that I took with my phone:

Liked
    2139 times

Quote Originally Posted by crashnscar View Post

Track experience: Started less than two years ago after I turned 18. Took me a couple events to truly get hooked, but now I can't stay away. I probably am doing about 15+ days per year now and it can only get better I usually run in whatever is the highest group for whoever is running, but know I still have tons of room for improvement.

Started out with an 02 Subaru WRX but soon decided it was not up to par for lots of track time (along with always breaking stuff). Upgraded to an 07 STi and drove that for a year, doing double duty as daily driver/track toy. I wanted something dedicated to track use, and also kind of wanted rwd so I sold that earlier this year and about 2 months ago bought the Corvette already built for track use.

Don't have any good pictures, but here's one that I took with my phone:

Is that Craig Dale's 2002 Z06.

Oli

Liked
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by crashnscar View Post
    were you therer at BW Gumball 3000?

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    Is that Craig Dale's 2002 Z06.

Oli
    Yes it was. And I think I met you at the Buttonwillow event on the 28th.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaku View Post
    were you therer at BW Gumball 3000?
    No I was not. I'm not sure that I even had the car at that point.

Liked
    20 times

Name: Alan
    Home: Clovis, NM but formerly of Santa Cruz CA
    Cars: 2004 Ford Focus ZX3
    Tracks driven: Buttonwillow, Cali Speedway, and Nov 14 the Streets Of Willow
    Favorite track: Despite not having driven it, Laguna Seca is my dream

Last edited by BOWERSdaAZIAN; 10-10-2008 at 02:22 PM.

Liked
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by BOWERSdaAZIAN View Post
    Name: Alan
    Home: Clovis, NM but formerly of Santa Cruz CA
    Cars: 2004 Ford Focus ZX3
    Tracks driven: Buttonwillow, Cali Speedway, and Nov 14 the Streets Of Willow
    Favorite track: Despite not having driven it, Laguna Seca is my dream

I see your stationed at Cannon AFB. Cannon was my lasy duty station until I recently got out last year. I worked in the Fire Dept if you were wondering and still know quite a few guys over there still...

Liked
    20 times

Yeah this place sucks. Mostly because i have to drive like 1000 miles to get to any track! it pains me to stay here just due to that fact.

Oh well (sucks it up)

Liked
    0 times

Default The Newness

Hey, new guy here.

Experience: 1 track day

I guess I'm one of those "Datsun 510" people.

My dad bought a '69 510 (Vinyl top) in 1969, and it was my first car. He and I did a father/ son restoration project with it about 7 years ago. The darn thing was perfect.

During my restore I felt I should go the purist route and stick with the L-Series motor. I'm not a big frankenstein swap fan, at least, in this car. I also stayed conservative and chose not to go turbo or punch it out.

I went with:
    • Nap-Z 2.2L (10:1 compression, balanced and blueprinted)
    • L20B U-60 head (44mm intake valves, upgraded valve springs, ported and polished)
    • Moderate cam profile (.484 lift and .284 duration)
    • 40mm TWM individual throttle bodies
    • Comp header/ Borla exhaust
    • Tec2 Electromotive EFI
    • 5-Speed transmission
    • 4:11 LSD rear differential
    • Front and Rear Coilovers
    • Camber plates
    • I had the rims widened so I could run 205/60's but keep the hub caps
    • etc

It was your basic, mint, sleeper.
    On the dyno it showed, at the rear wheels, 138 ft-lbs of torque @ 4,500 RPM and 135 hp @ 5,600 RPM with an AFR of about 14.2:1
    Sporty, not insane, but it surprised many street racers.

The day after we finished the car we took it to Thunderhill and ran it as hard as we could. Wow, what fun. Worth the risk in every way.

It was then I knew I need a race car.

So, after all these years I've finally jumped in. About 2 weeks ago I bought this '68 Datsun 510.
    It was a roller, but it’s got a spherical front end, chromemoly roll cage, carbon fiber dash, box flares, (2) sets of 13×6 Panasports, race radiator, Penske rear shocks, Koni inserts, 280Z struts, ZX trailing arms, Wilwood rear disc brakes, fire control system, etc. I was able to find a 1.6L Rebello engine and 44mm carbs pretty quickly.

It turns out the race car has got lot's of history. It became a race car on the East Coast in 1973 and has all 6 of it's original SCCA log books. That 35 years of racing!

I’m told it’s won 8 championships at Summit Point, so it’s seen a few checkered flags in it’s day. Hopefully it’s got a few more in it.

Other cars/bikes I've owned/ own:
    '07 Toyota Tacoma
    '89 Suzuki GSXR 1127 (for sale!)
    '68 Ford Bronco
    '69 Chevelle

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys at the track.

-Cory
    Last edited by VelvetHammer; 10-29-2008 at 12:28 AM.

Liked
    2139 times

I look forward to seeing you out on the track!

Liked
    34 times

Welcome 510 guy. That is one clean vinyl top. You and your Dad did an excellent restore job.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 21 27 33 ... LastLast