+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 20 26 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: New Member Introductions

Liked
    22 times

Default Vette dudes

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    Hi Tom:

It is good to see you made it here. Welcome aboard.

I can't believe you posted pictures of yourself without the big gold chains, a tattoo or two, and a bit of blow dust still showing under your nose.

Us Corvette guys have a reputation to maintain dude!!!

Oli, as we pass by those Porsches and Subies and S2000's they will just have to guess if we are wearing chains and have tattos and such
    Corvette Specialty C6
    Life is like a race, the best times win!

Liked
    1946 times

Quote Originally Posted by vetteguy2005 View Post
    Oli, as we pass by those Porsches and Subies and S2000's they will just have to guess if we are wearing chains and have tattos and such
    Alright Tom, now you are getting into the groove!

Hey, did you see this cool new item I found at Gold Chains 'R' Us? I have to throw this one around my neck, too.

I am glad I found it before Leisure Suit Louie.

Oli

PS. The Corvette guys found a new line at Buttonwillow.

Liked
    0 times

Name: Plamen Simeonov
    Home: Mission Viejo, CA
    Rides: 96 Acura Integra GSR

Greetings from me too. I started doing track days 1.5 years ago in my home country back in Bulgaria and then I conitinued here. I found this forum while looking for pictures or videos from couple of my track days on Willow Springs couple months ago cause unfortunatelly most of the time I'm alone on the track and the only video I can make is in-car - my friends don't have the passion I have for racing and are not willing to wake up at 4 in the morning

I'm driving a 1996 Acura Integra GSR with minor modifications - Type-R rear sway bar, 4-1 exhaust header and everythig else is pretty much stock cause my goal initially is to learn how to handle the car the way it is and then go for all the other goodies. I think this way I will be much more faster after that than putting all the stuff I don't need initially

I've already done the following track days:

3x CCW Streets Of Willow - best time 1:38.6
    1.5x CW Streets Of Willow - best time 1.41.xxx
    1x Big track at Willow Springs - best time 1.52.2 (this was my first track day)

Next track I want to test is Buttonwillow as a lot of the guys that I met on the Streets are saying that they like it better .

Was about to go for one of the Redline time attacks at Laguna Seca last year (11/11/2007) for my birthday as it happened that I was there on a business trip for the first time taking my car and my gear (don't ask me why - I received the notification from redline after I was already in the Bay Area ). Unfortunatelly (or fortunatelly) i just spent the whole day watching and then went back to my hotel and ate a whole cake by myself . 1 hour before going back to OC my clutch broke and i have to drive back 400 miles this way

Here are couple pictures I have from my track days:

Last edited by lz2plm; 08-04-2008 at 12:31 PM.

Liked
    0 times

Default The Wookie...

Kevin Peries
    North Hollywood, CA
    2004 Scion xB (Daily and current weekend warrior)
    1992 Acura Integra GSR (Soon to be track car)

I've always been into cars since I was a kid. After I got my xB, I started to build it for show, but some of my buddies took me to the canyons and after that I was hooked! I ran the canyons way too much, and now I made the transition to the track. I currently work at a Toyota Parts dept., during my free time I'm usually helping my buddys work with their cars. I've been to SOW once with my xB, and went along with some buddies a few times. I know racing in a toaster on wheels doesn't seem like a good idea but its fun, and I hope to soon have a better track car...maybe...hopefully!

My xB has: Tein S-Techs, KONI Yellows, DC Sports Strut bar, Progress RSB, S.S. Braided lines, Motul RBF600, Axxis Ultimates, 16x7 5Zigen FN01R-C's, Custom Energy Bushings, Celica GT injectors, DC Sports header, Apexi Intake, Apexi Exhaust, Perrin lightened crank pulley, Tom's 7.8 Lbs flywheel, Spec Stage 2 Clutch, SS Braided Clutch Line, Sparco Roadster2 Seat...and hopefully more to come...

Liked
    3 times

Hi all my name's Danny
    I'm from Orange County, CA

I drive a 2005 Mustang V6. Yes, bringing out the domestic

My first time at the track was at the July 27th Redline Event at the Streets of Willow. All I can say is I'm addicted and planning on going again!

Here are some shots of my car:

Hopefully I can get some more in-action shots at the track next time I go!

Look forward to being a part of the road-track-loving community
    -DanBev

2005 Mustang 4.0L(->4.6L)
    Mineral Grey

FUN!

Liked
    165 times

Welcome!

Liked
    3 times

Thanks J

Nice to see a fellow Mech Eng on the site! I'm currently in my 2nd year at CSULB

I got into cars mainly because of my father. While I was growing up my father owned a Dodge Superbee, 1984 Corvette, Dodge Dart, 2 1956 f-100 pickups, and a 1981 z28 camaro. Most of these cars we still own and wrench on from time to time. His experience with fabrication and welding has allowed me to learn much about functionality AND cosmetics when it comes to building cars. It's a hobby I have a deep passion for, and I don't see that changing any time soon!

I actually come from a motorcycle background. I've raced off-road with District 37 for a couple of years on my Honda CRF250X. Since college I started making the transition to cars, especially when I scored this smokin deal off of craigslist that is now my beauty, the Mustang. It seems every paycheck I get goes into the car, but all the work has so far been completely beneficial to my modding experience

Can't wait to get back out there and meet/talk with you guys! I plan to attend the next Redline event in Sep. hopefully....
    -DanBev

Mineral Grey

FUN!

Liked
    1946 times

Quote Originally Posted by danbev07 View Post
    Thanks J
    I actually come from a motorcycle background. I've raced off-road with District 37 for a couple of years on my Honda CRF250X.
    Which D37 Club were you in and what kind of racing did you do?

Oli

Liked
    3 times

I wasn't necessarily in a club, although I ended up going to a lot of events with a club called TWMC. I raced enduros mainly, but nothing "pro" status haha. For me it was all about kicking some butt on some familiar ground out at Lucerne Valley and Red Mountain
    -DanBev

Mineral Grey

FUN!

Liked
    1946 times

Quote Originally Posted by danbev07 View Post
    I wasn't necessarily in a club, although I ended up going to a lot of events with a club called TWMC. I raced enduros mainly, but nothing "pro" status haha. For me it was all about kicking some butt on some familiar ground out at Lucerne Valley and Red Mountain
    I bet I have over 100 weekends riding out at Lucerne Valley, mostly around Cougar Buttes area. I have a lot more riding days in out there if you count everything I have ridden there from Cougar Buttes to Bessemer Mine Road all the way down to Means Dry Lake/The Hammers. I love riding out there. Too many of my friends whine about the hard trails, especially The Hammer Trails. Those are my favorites, but definitely hard core.

I really like Red Mountain, too. I just never rode there as much. That is too bad. I guess I can put it back on my list, but I am not racing anymore. My knees are just too bad now.

Liked
    3 times

Haha yeah I'm pretty sure I've got about the same experience.

Those runs from Soggy Dry Lake to Means were always a blast, especially stopping by the two set of dunes (we called them little and big dunes). Soggy Dry Lake is our favorite, although its rough to stick around there on a windy day.

After a 40-50 mile ride the whoops begin to get annoying, but the only way around them is to make your own trail (which can be fun, but is also dangerous) or to just shut up and learn how to ride them fast!
    -DanBev

Mineral Grey

FUN!

Liked
    0 times

Name: Chris
    Favorite Tracks: So far GingerMan and Autobahn C.C
    Current Vehicle: 04 RSX-S

Experience: Currently working up the ranks in Chicago PCA HPDE classes. Have 7 HPDE's under my belt and I am looking to add more. Got the bug from an Auto-x event two years ago.

No, I do not have a fast & furious wing on my car...
    Turn Three Ltd.

Liked
    0 times

Fast Facts
    Name: Stephen
    Car: 2004 Mazda RX8

Mini Bio
    Hi everybody, I'm Stephen from Aiea, Hawaii. My racer is a 2004 Mazda RX8. Unfortunately we don't have a track on Oahu anymore, so I do what I can. I run in STU with SCCA Solo II. I may also be getting into Skip Barber's Mazdaspeed series in the MX-5s. Heard about this place from Charles (MiataCharles_Hong_Kong), who I met just yesterday at a Skip Barber lapping session. Hopefully I will be moving up to SoCal in about a year or two and will be able to race more!

FIA WTCC/Formula D Driver MiataCharles_Hong_Kong's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by scsi View Post
    Fast Facts
    Name: Stephen
    Car: 2004 Mazda RX8

Mini Bio
    Hi everybody, I'm Stephen from Aiea, Hawaii. My racer is a 2004 Mazda RX8. Unfortunately we don't have a track on Oahu anymore, so I do what I can. I run in STU with SCCA Solo II. I may also be getting into Skip Barber's Mazdaspeed series in the MX-5s. Heard about this place from Charles (MiataCharles_Hong_Kong), who I met just yesterday at a Skip Barber lapping session. Hopefully I will be moving up to SoCal in about a year or two and will be able to race more!

Welcome onboard Stephen. Good luck to both of us on our first ever race tomorrow!!

Liked
    10 times

congrats to Charles' fastest practice laptime today

finish strong Sat and Sun

Liked
    0 times

srsly, charles rocked it! he beat the series points leader and the boy wonder from virginia im sure the next 2 days will be more of the same

BOOM!Tough Actin Tinactin minorthreat's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

hi!!

name: Jairo "hido" jaramillo
    home: OC california
    Car: 01 Silverstone S2k
    experience: not much really. ive only been out twice now at SOW, once CW and the other CCW.

found this forum because of ameer.

Liked
    0 times

Name: Jurrian
    Favorite Tracks: Laguna Seca, Sebring
    Current Vehicle: 2002 M3

Experience: 3 skip barber series, many auto-x events, several track days and small race events as well. I'm also a High Performance Driving Instructor

Liked
    0 times

Welcome, another fast driver on board.

Liked
    1475 times

I'm not a new member, but I got a new avatar!
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 20 26 32 ... LastLast