20 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Welcome, Han.
    Thx!

Liked
    3 times

New to trackhq,
    Norm, from Glendora,Ca,
    Involved in road racing since the late 80's, started in FV's, then to Datsun 510, A Sedan Camaro, vintage BP corvette, spec Miata, FF not on that order. Most interesting race was the Downtown Los Angeles vintage race, good tomes. Great site, thank you for the add.
    Olitho likes this.

Liked
    2287 times

Welcome, Norm. Post some photos of your old 510!

Liked
    3 times

Default Vintage vette

Here is the BP vintage corvettescreenshot_2017-03-28-17-45-59.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot_2017-02-24-20-42-23.png  

Liked
    3 times

Accidentally put an old picture of the ITA crx also. Still looking for the 510 pictures.

Liked
    2 times

Name: Gabe
    Home: Oakland, CA
    Occupation: Senior Director of Business Operations and Solutions Architect
    Favorite Track: Thunderhill East CCW Cyclone configuration.
    Car: 2016 Ford Focus RS -- the car is basically completely stock with the exception of a short shift kit and stainless brake lines.

I've got racing in my blood, my dad has been racing vintage for about 15 years (1968 Alfa Romeo GTA and 1958 Cooper Formula Junior). I only just started doing HPDE events about 6 months ago when I got my RS. Really enjoying it so far, I'm completely hooked. Turns out I'm pretty good at it too (for a relative noob), which certainly makes it more fun. So far I've run at Thunderhill West, Thunderhill East (Bypass), Thunderhill East (Cyclone), and Sonoma. Heading down to Buttonwillow next weekend and looking forward to Laguna Seca in the near future.

Great to meet everyone!

Last edited by G-FORS; 04-02-2017 at 01:57 AM.
    emilio700 and ucfbrett like this.

Liked
    2224 times

I just bought my wife a 2017 RS of exactly the same color. It is a very impressive car.

How does yours handle 30 minute sessions on track?
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    I just bought my wife a 2017 RS of exactly the same color. It is a very impressive car.

How does yours handle 30 minute sessions on track?
    So far it does great. I've only had the infamous RDU shut-down issue happen twice in 25ish sessions. Other than that it's a really impressive machine.

Liked
    5 times

I've been lurking for a while, thought I would out myself. Have owned Alfas since childhood (well into my 50's now) and now vintage race a 1965 Alfa Giulia Sprint GT. Have done a couple Lemons/Chump races with Track HQ member, CraZee. Met him at the Coronado vintage races after we had a great track battle. Autocross a Subaru BRZ also have 1969 Alfa Spider street car. Sadly, I have never owned a Miata which means I will probably get kicked off this forum.

Liked
    63 times

Welcome,
    It's never too late to own a Miata!
    ucfbrett likes this.

Liked
    760 times

Me @ RA, in front of my car.

IMG_7590.JPG
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    0 times

Hello , new here . I've done a few track days so far in my friends e36 at Summit Point. Definitely want to get more into it.

I currently DD a 2017 Mustang GT that I don't want to take on the track yet , so I am searching for a dedicated track car . The answer of course is Miata . I'm still not convinced 100% I want a Miata though and am looking at possibly a SN95 or S197 Mustang for track use.

I figure HPDE is about seat time and maximizing the platform you brought.

IMG23442 by Steve, on Flickr

Also a pretty avid sim driver (Project Cars on my PC) I have iRacing , but my schedule does not really allow me to run online enough for it to be worth it.
    Last edited by ANGST; 08-30-2017 at 07:31 AM.

Liked
    2287 times

Welcome, Angst.

Liked
    3 times

Default New Guy from Connecticut

Since I've started a thread, I probably should introduce myself. Better late than never.

I've been a lurker for years, live in the Northeast and have ADD when it comes to my fun car. Currently own a 14 Z51 Corvette. Past toys include an Audi TTRS, Cayman, couple of S2000s, Elise, couple of E46 M3s, a number of Corvettes, a 911, etc. One thing I have never owned is a Miata. I may fix that soon, I really like the ND. I get to the track five or six times a year, and do the occasional autocross. This year I'm starting to coach with the Street Survival Organization.

I'll try and be more active in the future, wish there was a larger eastern contingent. Sounds like you left coast guys are having lots of fun.

Guy
    jqsti2015 likes this.

Liked
    2287 times

Quote Originally Posted by TraderGuy View Post
    Since I've started a thread, I probably should introduce myself. Better late than never.

I've been a lurker for years, live in the Northeast and have ADD when it comes to my fun car. Currently own a 14 Z51 Corvette. Past toys include an Audi TTRS, Cayman, couple of S2000s, Elise, couple of E46 M3s, a number of Corvettes, a 911, etc. One thing I have never owned is a Miata. I may fix that soon, I really like the ND. I get to the track five or six times a year, and do the occasional autocross. This year I'm starting to coach with the Street Survival Organization.

I'll try and be more active in the future, wish there was a larger eastern contingent. Sounds like you left coast guys are having lots of fun.

Guy
    Congratulations. You're now an official East Coast TrackHQ.com ambassador. Tell all your track buddies. This site is far superior to the HPDRE thing on Facebook. The material we discuss here is archived and searchable. And therefore useful.

Liked
    0 times

Hey guys,

I set myself up under our company name TrackArmour. We specialize in providing racers with a temporary clear film solution over the front end and fenders, so they can ditch the blue painters tape you see so many commonly use on the track.
    It is meant to be applied at the track for a full day of racing and then quickly removed after your event. It is safe on clear bras and meant to be a better solution than blue painters tape or other oddities people use to temporarily protect their cars paint at the track.

I myself am heavily involved in the track community attending Speedventures, Speeddistrict, La Trackday, and a few others. Our R&D car is a 2012 Nissan 370Z. Mods include:

Stillen G3 CAI
    Fast Intentions CBE
    EcuTek Software Upgrade
    KW V3 Coilvoers (corner balanced)
    SPL Control Arms
    Vossen CVT Wheels
    Seibon CF Hood

We hope to not only become a part of your community and get to know some more racers, but also help bring some added value to you during your visits to the track.

Please reach out to me directly for more TrackArmour information or follow us on Instagram for great racing tips, online content, Group Canyon runs and other great events. I hope we get to meet each and every one of you.

www.trackarmour.com

Instagram - @trackarmour

Ben

Ben@trackarmour.com

Liked
    0 times

Hi All,

Looking to get more into track work, but balancing a busy job, two toddlers, and a wife that isnít into racing. Iíve got two 911s - an 87 with mild DE mods, and a very slightly modified 2012. Iíve owned two Miatas in the past though and was potentially looking at them to get into DE or TT in a more economical way.

Working on how to post pics!
    Last edited by Maxhouse97; 11-10-2017 at 04:44 AM.

Liked
    0 times

How do I get them to automatically show?

Liked
    717 times

Welcome Maxhouse97. Where are you located? Preferred tracks?

I have several guys at my local Cars & Coffee who have been tracking Porsches and Vettes who are looking at Miata race cars due to expense. Especially the expense of wrecking.

Not sure what's going on with the pic posting, maybe our fearless leader Brenda has an answer.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40 46 52 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast