+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 37 43 49 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1276
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: New Member Introductions

Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post
    Say... 6 point harness... do you have a containment seat or a 360* neck system?
    Yes! Seats are Cobra Evolution II's and I always wear an HNR.
    robburgoon likes this.

Sir flink
    Liked
    553 times

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post
    That's the way to do it.
    Sure is. 20 events/year! Divine bovine.

SE46 is a good call if you can tolerate the spec class thing. Run with SCCA, NASA and BMWCCA.

Liked
    16 times

Hello!

name: the majority of my real name is Johnny C.
    Occupation: i'm a brake guy. I used to be a factory rep at PFC brakes. now i'm currently a Field rep for OG Racing. I've been slinging cars around tracks and parking lots since 2006.

i'm a racer too
    current the organisation of choice is NASA in the south east in TTU class
    the car: 1999 Mazda miata 500hp ls1, with the v8 roadsters catalog.

sponsors:
    John bouchard racing engines
    V8 roadsters
    MAxxis
    Holley performance products
    Earls fitting
    Hooker headers
    Grams injection

_wol0462.jpg
    _wol0683.jpg
    _wol9963.jpg

i'm also a huge brake nerd. occupation and hobby all revolves around brakes.

Liked
    750 times

Woot! More people from the SE, ATL!

Welcome!
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    16 times

thanks brother!

Liked
    2264 times

Welcome, Nine Lives Johnny. PM me if you would like any TrackHQ.com stickers for your car(s).

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2419 times

Quote Originally Posted by CooperS7777 View Post
    Just thought Id stick my head in here and introduce myself. I'm Coop from New Hampshire; I fell in love with the track during my college years, and finally found myself in the position to truly afford it last season. I managed to squeeze 20 events in the 2014 season, and 21 during the 2015 season. My work schedule affords me a good bit of time off, but its often very unpredictable, so I drive with whoever I can; NASA-NE, NASA-MA, SCDA, Northeast Track Days, BMWCCA, TrackDaze just to name a few.

Right now Im in a 2010 Evo X, very close to stock power levels with a great suspension setup, and basic safety equipment (roll bar, 6 pt harnesses, fixed back seats).

Attachment 9603

I'm exploring some options to get into wheel to wheel racing. Given my location and the demographic of the groups I run, Im leaning towards a GTS or SE46 build. With any luck Ill be in a fully prepped (safety wise anyway) car by the end of the 16' season!
    I like the Spec E46 formula. GTS has had a bit of a shake up recently with the proposed 2016 rules changes that were not well received. Maybe see how much, if any crossover there is between BMWCCA and NASA for either series. That's assuming BMWCCA is active enough in your region to be worth the trouble.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Liked
    742 times

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Lives Johnny View Post
    Hello!

name: the majority of my real name is Johnny C.
    Occupation: i'm a brake guy. I used to be a factory rep at PFC brakes. now i'm currently a Field rep for OG Racing. I've been slinging cars around tracks and parking lots since 2006.

i'm a racer too
    current the organisation of choice is NASA in the south east in TTU class
    the car: 1999 Mazda miata 500hp ls1, with the v8 roadsters catalog.

sponsors:
    John bouchard racing engines
    V8 roadsters
    MAxxis
    Holley performance products
    Earls fitting
    Hooker headers
    Grams injection

Attachment 9651
    Attachment 9652
    Attachment 9653

i'm also a huge brake nerd. occupation and hobby all revolves around brakes.
    Please tell me you have a youtube channel.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    16 times

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUsnowboards View Post
    Please tell me you have a youtube channel.
    i have many.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EGaY29KvG4

most of my videos are on my sight. Nine Lives Racing just click the tab that says videos.

AdR
    Liked
    1 times

Default Hello from our tiny island.

Hi guys I've been a silent member for a few weeks now and was an Guest stalker for quite a while.

Name: Adrian Stockton
    Track car: Miata NB2

I design jet engines by day (aerospace engineer), am a frustrated mechanic by night and a rookie racer every other weekends. Have been driving on my local tracks on HPDE's and Time Trial events for the last 2 years and can't get enough of it.

Attached is a couple of pics of my car on its current state (white wheels are the rollers). Got it in rough shape and have been fixing it ever since. Plans are to run in my national club racing event in a not too distant future.

Cheers! img_1739.jpgimg_3310.jpgimg_3319.jpg18659680068_7ac72eec53_o.jpg
    bawareca likes this.

Liked
    2264 times

Very cool. Welcome Adrian. How many road courses are in Puerto Rico?

AdR
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Very cool. Welcome Adrian. How many road courses are in Puerto Rico?
    Thanks!

There's currently two road courses in the island and an outdoor karting course that is also used as a drift/solo course. There's also talks about a new FARA style inspired series (CRS/Caribbean Racing Series) that might bring temporary set tracks into the mix next year. Pretty exciting stuff for such a small island with a rather unidirectional mindset of drag racing (lots of drag racing records here).

Our current club racing series by the CCCPR (Its a 40+ year established race club) is set very similarly to SCCA with classes like GT2, GT3, ITR, ITS, ITA & ITB and and added GTT class for turbo cars (Evo's and such). Here's a short video of what the racing series entails and one of the tracks Salinas International Speedway for the interest of anyone who's curious.

Below is the Solo (Time Attack) championship which has been an active event for the last 5 years. I'm the guy with the black cap with my head down and the SX4 that you see on the video (my former more practical track car). This is also the second track Ponce International Speedway which is a rather technical 1.5mi course with lots of unforgiving cement everywhere.

Cheers
    Adrian

Liked
    5 times

Hello!

Name: Suren

Currently I'm getting my car ready for Roadster Cup, and my other car is getting prepared to be thrown out of my life. I'm also maybe a little awkward, actively hate herrafrush, other weirdness can be found in my profile. Don't really have much else to say so here are some photos:

^Not my wrinkly ass hand

Daily, don't like it though:

Sponsors:
    KT Motoring, Inc
    TRE Motorsports, Inc
    Design Engineering
    Mishimoto Radiators
    SS Motorsports and That Automotive Blog are my own non-registered and unintentionally non-profit brands.
    Last edited by surensm; 12-24-2015 at 01:41 PM.

Liked
    2264 times

Welcome, Suren.

Liked
    2 times

Default New Member SOCAL

Name: Andrew Huertas
    Home:Lake View Terrace, CA
    Car: 02 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 03 Ford Ranger
    Experience: Multiple Trackdays at WSIR, Streets of Willow, ACS Infield, Chuckwalla, Driving instructor for Extremespeed and working to get PCA rated. Also multiple motorcycle trackdays at the tracks listed.
    Favorite tracks: all of them.

Hello fellow track enthusiasts!
    My name is Andrew and I drive a 2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder all stock except an exhaust (but we know that alone doesnt do anything for the small engine. I am running RPF1's and different tires depending on what I buy. I'm 25 years old and last year I opened ACH Motoring in Van Nuys CA. Its always been a dream of mine to own a car/motorcycle shop and I was finally able to make it happen.
    I did my first auto trackday a little over a year ago when a good friend of mine was moving out of state and wanted me to do a trackday with him. I'm glad I did!
    Since then I have done as many as time and money would allow and have become a driving instructor for extremespeed and am working towards getting PCA rated.
    I'm always up for helping others out as I can and really like being part of an enthusiasts family.

Feel free to stop by my shop to say hi!

I am hosting my first trackday end of January through ACH Motoring and I'll be posting about the event soon.

Drive safe!

Here is a picture of me spinning out and just missing a cone. I'll add more pics if I can find them. p1014171.jpg

Liked
    5 times

Name: David Walker
    Home: San Clemente, CA
    Car: 2003 Evo VIII, 2006 S2000
    Experience: HPDE, part-time tech crew for the HMSA.
    Favorite tracks: BRP, MRLS.

I'm here to learn. From what i've seen, lots of experience on here and i'm glad to be here.

Been fascinated with stuff that moves forever...golf cart, garbage truck, skateboard, whatever. Started messing with cars about 15 years ago. I like motorcyles too. Also like working on my cars and other projects.

2014 I started working on the tech crew for the HMSA. Been enjoying the hell out of that, and realizing more and more that the track seems to be where i have the most fun. Get to see some amazing historic race cars too, getting used like they were meant to be used, for the most part.

The technology that was around, 20, 30, 40 years ago is staggering. I tech'd this PJ Jones Eagle MKIII GTP car and almost had an aneurysm, the stoke factor was too great.

I started doing HPDE in early '15. Wow. Everything sort of "came into focus". It was a pivotal point. I ended up doing 7 events in '15. I am kicking myself for not getting out there sooner. What really helped was when i realized that you can take just about any car, in decent overall health, and have a blast. I had to experience it first hand in HMSA's pace cars, i guess. Hustling around Laguna Seca in a stock, heavy, soft 640i did the trick.

1st time out was Streets last January, in the S2K:

This was BRP #13 CCW last month:

I'm definitely not fast yet, but i'm having a really good time anyway.

Liked
    2264 times

Welcome, David. Nice photos to accompany your introduction.

Liked
    75 times

Hi my name's Ken, been around racing since I was a kid... My dad raced Porsches, grew up in his shop in SoCal, I was your basic track rat but that's where I learned to work on cars... Went to work for the Jim Russell school first as an engineer then became an instructor for 10 years while overseeing changes on the cars.. Ran my own race shop after that for a few years until cancer kicked me around for a couple years (i'm fine now...lol) still do composites and coaching... have an Audi S4 for a toy that's going through some changes..
    Gian likes this.

Liked
    465 times

Welcome Ken!
    That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Liked
    1 times

Howdy all. First post to introduce myself!

Name: Bryan
    Home: Alameda, CA
    Car: 2014 Evo GSR, 2014 Fiesta ST
    Experience: HPDE, Instructor, my dads firebird when I was 7.
    Favorite tracks: Thunderhill

Somehow I didn't know this site existed but somehow I happened upon it and now here I am.

Short history:

What started it all, my fathers sweet firebird:

I was a heavy track event attendee from 2004-2009, mainly Thunderhill but also Buttonwillow. Instructed for a couple years.

I tracked a WRX for a bit, then a 2005 Evo, which started out mild...

Then got a little more serious with R compounds, TC Designs roll bar, suspension, melted 4th gear twice, went to a 5 speed, yada yada...

Track events mainly @ Thunderhill. My best there at the time was 2:02

...Then hung up my track gloves from 2010-2014, because life. BUT, started up again in 2014

I started again in my 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, which was fun, but I ended up not liking it on track and it seemed silly to track it as I also had a 2014 Evo GSR. (Which I said I would never track, ironically).

Now I am back again in the Evo 10. Slowly getting my track legs back, taking my time, taking it easy. Best of 2:07 @ Thunderhill on street tires but I had some fuel starvation problems at the time.

Latest round of mods are Ohlins and NT01's so itching to get back to the track.

I also used to tune Evos @ GST Motorsports but now I just tune my own vehicles.

Anyway, that's me, the short version.
    Olitho likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 37 43 49 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast