+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 18 24 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: New Member Introductions

Liked
    15 times

naw he is a big boy at 21 now. He can actually enjoy the champagne when he wins everything.

Dave
    Liked
    0 times

Default Hey everyone

Names Dave and I drive an S2000. I heard about this sight from some guys over at S2ki after my last trackday at Willow so I thought I'd come on over! Its awesome to find a track only forum. I look forward to meeting everyone and seeing you at the track!

Hey Billy! I met you last year at Willow I think at a Speedventures event... I can't exactly remember what you were driving, but I remember chatting with you about your NSX and some other things. Hope to see you again soon.

Chao guys!

Liked
    165 times

Name: Jeff Tyler
    Home: Orange County, CA
    Car: E36 325is
    Experience: Karts, Skip Barber formula cars, Spec Miata, lots of modified street cars, a few purpose-built Time Attack cars, Formula SAE, development testing with MazdaSpeed, I do private instruction, and instructed at Skip Barber. I currently drive for Berk Technology and other companies in TimeAttacks, do private instruction whenever I can, and am in school working on a Mech E degree at CSUF. I also have worked in GrandAm Cup and on the FactorX TimeAttack cars as a chassis setup consultant/engineer. My dad is a race engineer professionally, and this has given me the chance to work on a few Atlantic and IndyLights race teams as well. I love being at the track, driving, cars, my girlfriend, driving, figuring out how to make cars go faster, driving...
    Favorite tracks: Laguna, the Nordschleife loop of the Nurburgring, beautiful & glamorous Buttonwillow Raceway.
    Tracks that scare me: Tracks don't scare me, over-caffeinated HPDE drivers do

Here are some videos:
    http://vimeo.com/2904537

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OZWDPYfcxZM

Manly - Hey, you showed me the 'rain line' through T1 at Streets a few months ago, if you remember me. Awesome website, glad to be here!!

And some pictures:

Last edited by J. Tyler; 01-22-2009 at 01:50 AM.

Liked
    34 times

Jeff, good to have you here!!!!
    Of course I remember you. I remember you from the 2007 BW RTA.
    Haha, that was a pretty scary line that I showed you. I wouldn't want to try that again.

Liked
    165 times

Quote Originally Posted by mlk_f1 View Post
    Jeff, good to have you here!!!!
    Of course I remember you. I remember you from the 2007 BW RTA.
    Haha, that was a pretty scary line that I showed you. I wouldn't want to try that again.
    :rofl

Yea, I think you nipped me for 3rd at BW that time? Or maybe you got 2nd and somebody else nipped me for 3rd

Great site man! Hope to see you at the track soon.

Liked
    34 times

I think you guys were have some mechanical issues on the TA run. You were definitely a lot quicker than me during practice. I was trying really hard to follow you on one of the session. but you would pull away at least 1-2 second each lap. I got lucky that time. Yeah, hope to see you out on the track soon, RTA and Super lap.

What's Traction Control? 600RR_Rocket's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    Name: Billy Johnson
    Home: San Clemente, CA
    Car: 99 BMW M3, 92 Acura NSX, 01 Miata, whatever anyone lets me drive..
    Experience: 8 years of professional racing (Skip Barber Western Championship, Skip Barber National Championship, Formula BMW USA, Star Mazda Pro Series, Speed World Challenge TC, Grand Am Cup/Koni Challenge ST & GS, Grand Am Rolex GT), 4 years as a driver coach (for Skip Barber and mostly private instruction), and more HPDE/track days than I can remember. Oh, and I can't forget 3 years of Time Attack events!
    Favorite track: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca & Mosport

I have already met a lot of you in the past, and look forward to meeting and working with more of you in the future. If you see me at a track, swing by and say hi!!!

-Billy J
    Dude, Billy sucks... He thinks he's so fast but he's really not...JK!

Welcome to TrackHQ...does this mean you won't be posting on S2KI.com anymore?

What's Traction Control? 600RR_Rocket's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by J. Tyler View Post
    :rofl

Yea, I think you nipped me for 3rd at BW that time? Or maybe you got 2nd and somebody else nipped me for 3rd

Great site man! Hope to see you at the track soon.
    This guy sucks too...these guys think they are fast but they are not.

WASSUP?? You'll find that TrackHQ folk are slightly more mature than S2KI.com members. You'll find cool people on the Racing and Competition forum, but it seems like there are an increasing number of cocky teens (no offensive boys) who find arguing on the internet fun.

75% likely we are going to BW on 5/31...interested??

Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by J. Tyler View Post
    Photographer must have had a nice set of bewbies...

Welcome!

Liked
    165 times

Quote Originally Posted by 600RR_Rocket View Post
    Welcome to TrackHQ...does this mean you won't be posting on S2KI.com anymore?
    Hahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by 600RR_Rocket View Post
    WASSUP?? You'll find that TrackHQ folk are slightly more mature than S2KI.com members.
    More mature than Stuntman & S2Kretard?? Impossible!

75% likely we are going to BW on 5/31...interested??
    YES! Even if I have to steal the 135 keys from Bryan. I am there

Liked
    0 times

Hi Everyone,

Simon here, newbie to the track scene. Found this site through Manly's posts on Elisetalk so though I'd hit over, got bitten by the track bug after my first event and would definately be out there a lot more.
    Maybe see some of you out on the track

Liked
    0 times

Hello, been to quite a for autox but I really want to start doing more track time, bike and cars.
    92 Honda VFR750F, not much of a track bike but hey, it's a classic.

03 RSX Type S
    2003 RSX Type S
    1992 VFR750F

Liked
    15 times

Quote Originally Posted by NomisR View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Simon here, newbie to the track scene. Found this site through Manly's posts on Elisetalk so though I'd hit over, got bitten by the track bug after my first event and would definately be out there a lot more.
    Welcome, it was good karting with you the other day.

Liked
    34 times

Quote Originally Posted by NomisR View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Welcome Simon. Great to have you!!

Liked
    0 times

Name: Louis
    Home: Nashville, TN
    Car: 1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R with SR20VE (auto-x and HPDE) 1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R (rallycross)
    Experience: 2 HPDEs (Autobahn in IL and Talledaga in AL), a few autocrosses and a few rallycrosses
    Favorite tracks: any track I can afford at the time.

Wish I had the money, time (and location) to track events regularly, but I usually can only get out a couple times a year. Will be doing an HPDE here at the Nashville Superspeedway in June, so yipee!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujt7Tasi_ng

In my dad's SE-R:

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by hondalvr View Post
    Hello, been to quite a for autox but I really want to start doing more track time, bike and cars.
    92 Honda VFR750F, not much of a track bike but hey, it's a classic.
    I love the bike, it brings back memories. My first bike 8 years ago was a 87 CBR F1 Hurricane.
    John
    #522 996 Spec / GTS3
    JC3D // Racecars and Keyframes // 996 Spec

Liked
    0 times

Name: Gary @ BigBrakeParts
    Home: MA
    Car: 2002 Subaru WRX
    Experience: Started with winter driving at rally school, autox, 6 track days at NHMS, licensed solo
    Favorite tracks: NHMS

After an engine swap, 5 turbos, suspension, brakes, rollbar + harnesses and a ton of work, its more or less finalized.

Liked
    0 times

Default new to this site

Jamie
    Live in Boca Raton (South Florida)

Run a 2004 Mini Cooper S:

2004 Indi Blue MCS (Monty) Blue Flame catback, K&N Blue CAI Typhoon, Minspeed 15% pulley, BC coilovers, M7 USS, Minspeed 19mm rear swaybar, Hawk HT10 brake pads (one bad a$$ track ride)

It handled very well stock - it's much better now!

We are spoiled in Florida, our tracks are open year round, and we have no less then 5 to choose from.

I have run at Homestead Speedway, Moroso Motorsports Park, Sebring Raceway and last year in Daytona I was lucky enough to be part of the first ever HPDE at Daytona Int'l Speedway!

Daytona bt far is my favorite track if for no other reason that it is DAYTONA!

but technical track I enjoy Homestead the most

Attached is a photo of myself (Blue) MCT (Red) Beaner (Grey) who I regularly track with, and who I invited to join here and expect to see them here shortly.

I have a little bit of diverse track time.

I own an SRT so I was able to join Skip barber for SRT days - twice and got hooked quickly on the SRT lineup and putting stock cars on the track in HPDEs. I did enjoy running Richard Petty at Daytona 16 laps of smiles in a full stock car, and with the Mini Cooper I haev enjoyed HPDEs for about 2.5 years. I am a SOLO qualified driver (which it seems out East is a big deal, but you west coasters tend to be on the track yourself early due to relaxed rules).

Sorry for the long post, but glad to be here.

Jamie

2004 Indi Blue MCS (Monty) Blue Flame catback, K&N Blue CAI Typhoon, Minspeed 15% pulley, BC coilovers, M7 USS, Minspeed 19mm rear swaybar, Hawk HT10 brake pads (one bad a$$ track ride)

mct
    Liked
    0 times

Hey - that is my red MINI up there in that picture .

Hello my name is Pedro... and I am a track junkie...

Much like Jamie, I run at Sebring, Homestead and Daytona with PBOC and PCA in the solo group. I have a 2006 MINI Cooper S (See specs in signature).

Daytona, by far was the most fun ever!

Video:
    http://www.motoringfun.com/2007/12/1...aytona-part-1/

Sebring and Homestead are a toss up - they are so different and I love them both!

Looking forward to exploring the new site!
    Pedro
    '06 MCS CR/W, "Scooter" - LSD, JCW Exhaust w/ MyMini Res Elim, JCW Intake, 15% Pulley, BC Racing Coilovers/Camber Plates, ALTA Sway Bar, SPC Control Arms, Powergrid Endlinks, M7 USS, Aero Kit

Liked
    0 times

Default third amigo chiming in....

hi all: i'm greg. i'm driving the royal grey MINI in LgEnf's pic. i was just posing behind both of them! i love tracking my MINI. even better is sharing the experience w/ good friends who happen to be driving MINIs. here is an earlier version of my MINI....

my car, like LgEnf and mct, is tracked prepped and a lot of fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 18 24 30 ... LastLast