+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 35 41 47 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1271
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: New Member Introductions

Liked
    0 times

Thanks for the welcome guys!
    New Zealand sure has some amazing driving roads, all though their condition can sometimes throw you off abit mid corner

Liked
    0 times

Default Hello

Hi there , Ive been a member for about 6 month, so I should introduce myself . My Name is Jeff orginally from Pittsburgh Pa , now live in the motorcity Detroit area .

The pictures are my two cars . The Blk M3 was my track day car with a full blown Ohlins suspension , race brakes , taller gearing etc etc . The E-30 was recently purchase for SCCA/ Nasa/BMW club racing . Full comp car. IT's currently classified in Scca STU and Nasa GTS 2 . Also falling into BMW club rules as DM . Due to engine swap
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fullsizerender.jpg   2015-06-28.png  

Liked
    16 times

Hey there, Newby dude here.
    I'm Sal and I designed/built/raced stock cars for decades, decades ago.
    For the last 10 years I've been doing a lot of car shows and drag racing with my Mustang GT.
    This year I'm going to hit some track days and see how that grabs me, so naturally I'm here to educate myself. Forums are great for sharing ideas.
    The car is currently under the knife for the transformation but is almost ready for my first track day next month.
    So...here are the obligatory pix:

That was my number 7 car there:
    295445_10150997326393535_1343428273_n.jpg
    399199_10151020053308535_1821144737_n.jpg

In front of my shop back in the day:
    557151_10151014232503535_1625437876_n.jpg

The tow rig:
    382541_10151001745978535_1410826977_n.jpg

The Mustang:
    10353648_10152639525178535_831907782230087741_n.jpg
    proof.jpg

The Mustang at the track:
    10406475_10152537112348535_4104604678242241021_n.jpg

Current tow rig:
    10269232_10152346170758535_3114070242586699939_o.jpg

The Good-Guys Magazine:
    10334434_10152677736077625_4821274847649304130_n.jpg

The Independent Magazine:
    10544356_10152596709408535_7001125295954035632_n.jpg

Featured in Ford Racing Nation:
    Sal Molinare's 06 GT is FRN's March Car of the Month! - Ford Racing Nation

Article On Borelli Motorsports Website:
    Sal Molinare

Couple Vids:

Last edited by Fabman; 08-06-2015 at 09:09 PM.
    robburgoon and MikeColangelo like this.

Liked
    1476 times

Fabman -

Welcome! You should fit in here just fine. Assuming, of course, that you can turn right . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    16 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Fabman -

Welcome! You should fit in here just fine. Assuming, of course, that you can turn right . . .
    Yeah, I keep hearing that. I don't think it's going to be a problem. Thanks.

Liked
    5 times

Another new member here. I'm currently working with the NASA Central Region as their Chief Instructor. I've been involved with track events since 2000, starting out with a '93 Mazda RX7. Started instructing in 2004 and currently running time trial in a Honda S2000 (above) when I'm not fulfilling my NASA duties.

Photo of my old RX7, taking a student around the track. When I'm not at the track, I enjoy the open roads with a Jaguar F-Type S Coupe:

I've been browsing this site for many years without becoming a member, but decided to join up recently (around the safety talks within HPDE). When I'm not at the track, I work in IT. When I'm not at the track, or at work, I'm in my home office with my sim rig:

What can I say, I'm just a huge automotive fan whether real or virtual.

Liked
    2157 times

Welcome, guys. Fabman, I've never seen a stock car with a Mazda sticker on it. Can you explain that to us?

Liked
    16 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Welcome, guys. Fabman, I've never seen a stock car with a Mazda sticker on it. Can you explain that to us?
    It's a Pro-4 car:
    T-bird body/Mazda Rotary engine.
    Basically the same as a southwest tour car but lighter and smaller engines, but faster than their big brothers.

1-2-.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.jpg
    004.jpg
    042.jpg
    045.jpg
    054.jpg

Here is the car on a half mile track.
    We were the companion show to The big motor cars and I qualified fast time for my class and 2nd over all for the day with a few thousandths separating me from the fastest V8 car.
    On smaller tracks I was routinely first over all. A little taller gear and I would have been here too, but it is what it is. (was what it was?)

A trophy dash is basically a 6 lap sprint for the 6 fastest cars in class.
    I squirted through traffic real quick then sandbagged for 6 laps with a repeat performance in the main.

Last edited by Fabman; 08-07-2015 at 02:32 PM.
    Mahjik likes this.

Liked
    16 times

Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    I always wondered...are those hondas FWD or RWD? They look cool, as hell.

Liked
    1476 times

Quote Originally Posted by Fabman View Post
    I always wondered...are those hondas FWD or RWD? They look cool, as hell.
    ^^^This surely qualifies as post of the month, either for great sarcasm, or incredible stupidity . . .

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    16 times

^^^This surely qualifies as post of the month, either for great sarcasm, or incredible stupidity . . .
    I'd like to thank you for the warm welcome Richard. You must be one hell of a guy.
    First you suggest that I can't turn right and now I'm stupid because I don't know sh!t about....Hondas?
    Every Honda I ever saw was front wheel drive....so my point of reference is; all Hondas are FWD.
    These look like they may be RWD but WTF do I know about Hondas.....and that makes me stupid?

I'll tell you something I DO know, people who find it necessary to insult others that they don't even know typically have some deep seated feelings of inadequacy.
    Whats driving you Richard? Daddy beat you? Wifey left you? Boss treat you like sh!t? Sexually frustrated? Can't get it up? Closet Homosexual?
    There is something going on in there that causes you to lash out like a hurt little boy and I have no idea what that is....nor do I deserve your wrath.
    I suggest you get that looked at before someone with a little less patience takes you aside and teaches you some manners the hard way.
    It's been known to happen and I'd hate to see anything happen to you now that we have become such good friends.

Anyway, best of luck to you. Sorry you're having such a rough day and thanks for the warm welcome.

Liked
    16 times

BTW, I just googled the S2000. It's rear wheel drive. I'm so glad I'm not stupid anymore....

Liked
    1476 times

Waiting for a long time member here to post the popcorn smilie . . .

Liked
    16 times

Waiting for a long time member here to post the popcorn smilie . . .

Happy to help!

Liked
    5 times

BTW, I just googled the S2000. It's rear wheel drive. I'm so glad I'm not stupid anymore....

It's not all that fast in a straight line, but it takes the corners like nobody's business. I do miss some of the power of my RX7, but this car is way safer and is much easier to maintain. That helps keep me on the track more than in the garage which was the goal with the switch.

Liked
    16 times

Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post

It's not all that fast in a straight line, but it takes the corners like nobody's business. I do miss some of the power of my RX7, but this car is way safer and is much easier to maintain. That helps keep me on the track more than in the garage which was the goal with the switch.
    AND....it looks hella cool!
    Mahjik likes this.

Liked
    1476 times

Thanks for the popcorn smilie. As an initial matter, I believe that your incredibly insulting, bigotted post quoted below should qualify your for an immediate, permanent ban from this website. I have every intention of raising that issue with the site owner. Why would you question my sexuality, family life, professional life, childhood, and psychological health, because I made a simple joke about your internet post? Go look up the psychological term "projection" because it applies to you in spades. My post offered two options . . . either you are great at sarcasm (that's a compliment), or it was stupid. You admitted that it was stupid. You also said you have been a lurker here for a long time before just recently becoming a member. If your have been lurking here for years, how could you possibly not know that the S2000 is rwd? Please leave this site and don't post here ever again.

I have 10,962 posts here and 1,496 likes. You have 10 posts and 5 likes. I bet my membership here against you on this post . . .

I'd like to thank you for the warm welcome Richard. You must be one hell of a guy.
    First you suggest that I can't turn right and now I'm stupid because I don't know sh!t about....Hondas?
    Every Honda I ever saw was front wheel drive....so my point of reference is; all Hondas are FWD.
    These look like they may be RWD but WTF do I know about Hondas.....and that makes me stupid?

I'll tell you something I DO know, people who find it necessary to insult others that they don't even know typically have some deep seated feelings of inadequacy.
    Whats driving you Richard? Daddy beat you? Wifey left you? Boss treat you like sh!t? Sexually frustrated? Can't get it up? Closet Homosexual?
    There is something going on in there that causes you to lash out like a hurt little boy and I have no idea what that is....nor do I deserve your wrath.
    I suggest you get that looked at before someone with a little less patience takes you aside and teaches you some manners the hard way.
    It's been known to happen and I'd hate to see anything happen to you now that we have become such good friends.

Anyway, best of luck to you. Sorry you're having such a rough day and thanks for the warm welcome.
    bawareca likes this.

Liked
    16 times

Thanks for the popcorn smilie. As an initial matter, I believe that your incredibly insulting, bigotted post quoted below should qualify your for an immediate, permanent ban from this website. I have every intention of raising that issue with the site owner. Why would you question my sexuality, family life, professional life, childhood, and psychological health, because I made a simple joke about your internet post? Go look up the psychological term "projection" because it applies to you in spades. My post offered two options . . . either you are great at sarcasm (that's a compliment), or it was stupid. You admitted that it was stupid. You also said you have been a lurker here for a long time before just recently becoming a member. If your have been lurking here for years, how could you possibly not know that the S2000 is rwd? Please leave this site and don't post here ever again.

I have 10,962 posts here and 1,496 likes. You have 10 posts and 5 likes. I bet my membership here against you on this post . . .
    So, what you are saying is you think I am somebody different than I am because I NEVER said I was lurking, I only stumbled upon this website a week or so ago....so you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
    You have been insulting to me from your first post and you think I am the bad guy? My God....WTH is wrong with you?
    Apparently we hit a nerve there dicky boy...must have gotten a little too close to home eh?

Liked
    16 times

. You also said you have been a lurker here for a long time before just recently becoming a member. If your have been lurking here for years, how could you possibly not know that the S2000 is rwd? Please leave this site and don't post here ever again.

So most powerful and wise one....show me where I said I have been lurking here for years....copy and paste that tid bit of information you base your tirade on.....show me.
    You CAN'T because you don't know WTF you are talking about. I don't know why you feel the need to be a jack azz to me but I don't deserve it, and I don't appreciate it.

Liked
    16 times

If this statement is some crazy qualification for who is cool or whatever, do the math.
    I have only 10 posts and 5 likes....so, that means fully 50% of my posts are liked while your 10,962 posts garnered only what....1496 likes. So that means.....shoot, let me get the calculator. Pretty sure the math there is awful....
    BOWERSdaAZIAN likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 35 41 47 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast