+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 32 38 44 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1272
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: New Member Introductions

Liked
    364 times

Quote Originally Posted by j0nwall View Post
    Hello All,

Long time lurker here. My name is Jon Wallace and I am from Chino Hills, CA. I've been attending track events since 2010, but drove my first event just this year. My dad got me interested in Motorsports and wrenching at a young age.

1999 BMW M3
    Mostly Stock but well maintained.

I've only driven Buttonwillow 13CW, but I've been to WSIR and CVR and sat as a passenger.

Best recorded time at BW 13cw was a 2:19 (pre-repave) out of the hot pits with passenger and old Bridgestone S-04. 225/245

I'm excited to make it out to more events! thanks for reading.
    Finally signed up, you turtle?
    j0nwall likes this.
    Do you understand?

Liked
    2 times

Welcome, M3's are sweet, never had a chance to drive one yet though but I have gone for rides.

Liked
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by tq3z View Post
    Finally signed up, you turtle?
    You're more clever than that on the daily. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by scarsofcarma View Post
    Welcome, M3's are sweet, never had a chance to drive one yet though but I have gone for rides.
    Thank you! funny enough, I have yet to sit in a well sorted M3 on the track.

Liked
    81 times

Hi, I'm John. Found this site while surfing around trying to find information on materials for some aero mods I'm doing while rebuilding one of my cars. It's a 70 Firebird Esprit I built a sort of TA clone out of. Here's a pic of the car taken the last time I ran it at Sebring. Although road courses are my favorite place to run it I also take it to the strip, Land Speed Races, and drive it on the street.

Olitho, greenhorn and Fabman like this.

Liked
    2230 times

Welcome, John. *****in' F body. Those early 70's cars were the best of the breed. We'll need to see more photos, please. Interior, engine, suspension.

Liked
    81 times

Thanks, glad ya like it. Engine's a mildly built Pontiac 400 with MSD ignition, Speed Demon, Canton road race pan etc. Suspension is Global West Del A Lums, Hotchkis springs, sways, etc. with Bilsteins.

ucfbrett likes this.

ME920
    Liked
    2 times

Hello everyone! Here's my re-introduction. I've been MIA for a while.

Name: Matt Eugenio
    Home: Temple City, CA
    Car: 1994 Acura Integra LS Hatchback (DC4) AKA "DJ'
    Experience: 20+ HPDE events with NASA, NCRC, Raceline USA, Speed SF, and Speed Ventures

I got my DC4 Integra back in 2011 from my cousin-in-law. While he was still the owner, it was stolen and was missing for almost two months before the police called and told him that the car was found. He had already bought another car and couldn't afford to have a second car at the time. He asked me if I wanted to buy it and of course I said yes. He sold her to me for $100. The rest is history.

Every since then, I've been slowly restoring DJ to proper running form and building her for weekend track events. My previous PB at Buttonwillow with my old DB8 (Integra GS-R Sedan) was a 2:24.xxx with bolt-ons and Falken RT-615s back in '09.

At my last event at Buttonwillow Raceway Park with Raceline USA/Speed SF on Black Friday, I was able to clock a new PB of 2:07.77x with DJ. She currently has a JDM B20B non-VTEC motor, S80 GS-R transmission, Buddy Club Racing Spec Damper coilovers, Project Mu Club Racer brake pads, and Buddy Club P1 Racing SF 15x8 wrapped in 225/45/15 Nitto NT01s.

PB lap from my Black Friday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVZMYU-2iZc

Here are some photos from my last track event on Black Friday with Raceline USA/Speed SF at Buttonwillow Raceway Park. All photos were taken by Bill Wang.

She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts.
    Last edited by RacelineUSA_Matt; 12-10-2014 at 06:54 PM.
    F@ck and greenhorn like this.

Liked
    4 times

I have been a lurker for a while so I thought I would finally introduce myself.

Name: Scott McIver
    City: Irvine
    Car: 2004 SPM Miata
    Experience: I was doing HPDEs with a mustang, then a vette, then grew tired of the expense and lack of safety of tracking a street car so I bought an SPM of William Chen "Bellwilliam", hoping to be more present this year at SPM races in between work and having a 10 month old daughter at home. See you all at the track!!

Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by 03 True Blue View Post
    I have been a lurker for a while so I thought I would finally introduce myself.

Name: Scott McIver
    City: Irvine
    Car: 2004 SPM Miata
    Experience: I was doing HPDEs with a mustang, then a vette, then grew tired of the expense and lack of safety of tracking a street car so I bought an SPM of William Chen "Bellwilliam", hoping to be more present this year at SPM races in between work and having a 10 month old daughter at home. See you all at the track!!
    Welcome!

Pics of the spec Miata?

Liked
    1 times

Hello All,

I'm Toni from San Jose, CA. I was referred to this forum by some folks that I met at one of our local trackdays. I drive a 99 MIata in blue. I've been autocrossing for about two years now and have recently transitioned into track driving in preparation for Lemons in late 205 or early 2016.

The car (21) is Miley. She is our budget fun car/hpde car. The only things that have been done to her are FCM 600/425 and Racing Beat Headers/Midpipe/RS3 Exhaust. I am currently on Federal RS-Rs on 15x8s because they are cheap and sufficient for learning on track. I also have my autox set of R1Rs on 15x8s which are not cheap but I find are much better on (colder) track.

So far I have done Thunderhill (2:26 - my first track day) and Laguna Seca twice (2:08). I am always looking to improve and have been mainly focusing on acquiring seat time. I have a lot to learn when it comes to the limits of the car. I am still underdriving it at this point but am growing more comfortable with each session.

The next modification for me is probable just further emphasis on safety equipment. I would like to get an FIA seat and harness (could use advise on this) and eventually a HANS.

I look forward to meeting you all.
    Last edited by thoreau; 02-25-2015 at 02:08 PM.
    Red_5 likes this.

Liked
    40 times

Moderate time lurker, first time poster.

Im Bill Niemeyer. I know a few people here and have met some others.

Ive been a motorsports fan all my life and started doing track days in early 2008. Started off tracking my 08 A4 Avant with Audi Club Golden Gate. Got hooked by the second session. After a few years I needed a big brake kit on the B7 A4 ~$4K installed for just fronts. So I started looking for a pre-modded track day NA Miata, rented a Spec Miata for a few weekends to make sure I wanted one (and of course I did). In late 2010 I bought a 95M that was pre-modded and pre-dinged.

As the addiction continued, I became an instructor with Audi Club and Hooked on Driving. And soon I will plunge further into the depths. I was invited to join a Lemons team (Delinquent Racing 1996 Taurus SHO black/white skunk theme) and my first race will be at Sonoma in late March.

Im active on NorCalRoadsters, Quattroworld NorCal, track forums on Miata.net and MiataTurbo.net. Looking forward to being on TrackHQ and running into people here at various Left Coast venues.

PS...

Heres what my baby looks like now minus numbers plus brake ducts coming though the bumper cover.

2014-09-full-car.jpg
    • BEGi S2 GT2554 turbo kit at 8psi
    • Rod departed the 140K engine last March so new engine built up by T (Twibs415) Manly rods, Supertech pistons, Boundary Engineering oil pump (all bought slightly used for a great deal). FM lighter clutch/flywheel while were in there. T did a nice port/polish on the head, plus valves/guides from (dont remember). Engine runs sooo nice.
    • FCM coilovers, OEM bar rear, RB bar front
    • 205/50 R888 on 15x8 6ULs
    • OEM brakes with XP10s
    • Because its a hot car (literally) bigger alum. radiator, coolant reroute, GT500 hood vent
    • To keep me and students in one piece (or is that two pieces?) Hard Dog roll bar, Recaro seat for me, Ultrashield Spec Miata seat to accommodate a wide range of passenger rear ends, Schroth six points for both
    • Newest fun piece a Blackbird Fabworx spoiler mounted to rusty yellow trunk purchased for $40. And Im leaving it rusty yellow!
    Blackbird and F@ck like this.

Liked
    188 times

Good to see you've finally... arrived, Bill.
    And welcome Thoreau!

Glad to add two more from north of the grapevine.

Liked
    2 times

double post
    Last edited by scarsofcarma; 03-03-2015 at 07:01 PM.

Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by thoreau View Post
    Hello All,

I look forward to meeting you all.
    Welcome! Any plans to try Sonoma?

Quote Originally Posted by billybobster View Post
    Moderate time lurker, first time poster.

Im Bill Niemeyer. I know a few people here and have met some others.

• Newest fun piece a Blackbird Fabworx spoiler mounted to rusty yellow trunk purchased for $40. And Im leaving it rusty yellow!
    Welcome! A friend of mine bought that same wing at the ND Miata reveal at Laguna Seca recently. Seems like a great part to me, how do you like it?

Liked
    40 times

Quote Originally Posted by scarsofcarma View Post
    Welcome! A friend of mine bought that same wing at the ND Miata reveal at Laguna Seca recently. Seems like a great part to me, how do you like it?
    I like it a lot. I bought mine (actually did the order the next day) at the Miatas@MRLS/ND reveal at Laguna. Moti was doing a very clever piece of speed bits marketing. He had NA and NB trunks with the spoilers on them. You sign up for your session - bring the car over just before and in five minutes the trunks are swapped. I could never get a clean lap to compare lap times but here's what sold me. Without spoiler - floaty feeling over Laguna T1 crest (because turbo). With spoiler - no floaty.

It's well designed and built. And very well-done instructions. I'm a "measure five times cut twice" level of fabricator but I went step-by-step and got it right the first time.

It's recommended.

Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by billybobster View Post
    I like it a lot. I bought mine (actually did the order the next day) at the Miatas@MRLS/ND reveal at Laguna. Moti was doing a very clever piece of speed bits marketing. He had NA and NB trunks with the spoilers on them. You sign up for your session - bring the car over just before and in five minutes the trunks are swapped. I could never get a clean lap to compare lap times but here's what sold me. Without spoiler - floaty feeling over Laguna T1 crest (because turbo). With spoiler - no floaty.

It's well designed and built. And very well-done instructions. I'm a "measure five times cut twice" level of fabricator but I went step-by-step and got it right the first time.

It's recommended.
    Yeah that wing would have been nice on the Auto Club Speedway banking at 110 mph lol. If I'd kept my Miata it was on my list of further modifications... I'm a big fan of functional wings, such as this one developed by Nissan Motorsports for the 280ZX in the IMSA GTU series, homolugated for racing via the limited-edition ZX-R model that I used to own. This wing would generate over 370lbs of downforce at 100mph.

Liked
    0 times

I guess I'll introduce myself...

Name: Michael Hillo
    Home: Santa Clarita, CA
    Car: 05 Nissan 350z
    Experience: 3x Buttonwillow, 1x WSIR, 7x Streets of Willow, 1x Horsetheif mile.
    Most feared track: Horsetheif (drifting) man it takes some balls to link some sections
    Favorite tracks: Buttonwillow duh

My dad got me into cars when I was young, and owning an autoshop, taught me to work on them. When I turned 16 we bought a 2011 Lancer (FWD model) and I stumbled into some canyons. A year later I outgrew it and bought a 2008 WRX, hated it and 3 months later sold it for an EvoIX. Soon after I started going to car meets, met a buddy who tracked his mazda3 and decided to go to the track with him, and I've been hooked ever since. I decided AWD was too boring and sold the evo for a 350z to get into drifting about 6 months ago. Well, I found out I liked the Z for gripping as well and right now it serves both purposes.

The Z's current mods: 370z Akebono Brakes, HSD Coilovers, Intake/catback, adjustable camber arms.

My current best times are:
    WSIR: 1:38.9 (modded z)
    Buttonwillow: 2:03.7 (modded z) / 2:08.7 (evo)
    Streets of willow CW: 1:30.5 (coilovers Z) / 1:29.9 (evo)
    Streets of willow CCW: 1:32.4 (stock Z) / 1:28.7 (evo)

Last edited by iStubz; 03-10-2015 at 10:51 PM.

Liked
    1 times

Hey guys
    Had a bad first encounter on the site awhile ago and will try to start over here lol. I like the site theres alot of good info here.
    My name is Josh, I am going on 17 years in the US Coast Guard and love working and racing cars. I have a 2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS that is always in a constant state of upgrade, i do alot of autocross and track days. Looking
    to run the subaru in the World Racing League at Atlanta Motorsports Park and Sebring this year. My home track
    would be Sebring, but I am fondn of Road Atlanta.
    I also work with the Skullcandy Team Nissan crew on our 2 Nissan Altima's and 1 370 Z in Pirelli World Challenge. Looking forward to
    hopefully contributing to the site.

I am currently finishing the Subaru build.
    Subaru

Altimas

Josh

Liked
    2230 times

Welcome, Josh. Good to have more Florida people on the forum.

Liked
    1 times

Thanks. Anyone going to the 12 hr of Sebring or the St. Pete Grand Prix. I will be working with a buddy's team at
    St. Pete.
    Last edited by Whiteghost2.5; 03-11-2015 at 04:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 32 38 44 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast