+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 31 37 43 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1272
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: New Member Introductions

Liked
    4 times

New member here. Was a part of other forums before but really the only threads I was serious about were the track threads. Coming here to read and learn about technique from others who enjoy the same thing!

I have been tracking for a little over two years and my main focus is becoming better as a driver. Not like those who only look for lap times since I am a strong believer in the fact that when you focus on driving ability, the speed/times will come as a side effect.

Here is my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/pkim1079

Would love for input on those that are experienced and can critique my laps!

Liked
    847 times

A "throw away" suggestion re your 14 CCW laps. You may not want to downshift at Phil Hill, just to see how it compares.

Others with more CCW experience will probably be more helpful on this.

Liked
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Caboose View Post
    A "throw away" suggestion re your 14 CCW laps. You may not want to downshift at Phil Hill, just to see how it compares.

Others with more CCW experience will probably be more helpful on this.
    thanks...perhaps I am slowing down too much so that I can downshift...so next time just stay in gear and take the turn not as slow. thanks!

Liked
    847 times

Do modulate your speed so that you can give it some throttle right on the ascent to transfer weight rearward.

Liked
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Caboose View Post
    Do modulate your speed so that you can give it some throttle right on the ascent to transfer weight rearward.
    I think right now I am either back on throttle at the top, or on the way down....will try on the way up to keep the rear down.

I will be at brp to run #13CW on Dec 20th.

this goes for both CW/CCW I'm assuming?

Liked
    847 times

Both ways.

Liked
    2230 times

Welcome, Slowsedan. I hope you find your time spent here useful.

Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by vchau76 View Post
    Hi fellow track addicts,

I stumbled upon this forum while doing research on safety mods for my car and am glad I did. I'm fairly new to the track scene (started Aug 2013), but have jumped all four wheels in since my first track day back then. I have done a total of 25 track days this year and 5 last year so I've gotten plenty of seat time in a pretty short time period. I'm actually a newly minted co-owner of a Chumpcar and will be racing in that series next year and then for 2016, I am planning on doing some club racing in BMW CCA to start and then moving over to NASA. I drive a 1995 e36 m3 which I'm currently building to race in I-Sport and my Chumpcar is a 1994 325i.

I'm a native of Philadelphia, PA and NJMP is my backyard track.

Looking forward to being a part of this community.

Vinh
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by slowsedan View Post
    New member here. Was a part of other forums before but really the only threads I was serious about were the track threads. Coming here to read and learn about technique from others who enjoy the same thing!

I have been tracking for a little over two years and my main focus is becoming better as a driver. Not like those who only look for lap times since I am a strong believer in the fact that when you focus on driving ability, the speed/times will come as a side effect.

Here is my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/pkim1079

Would love for input on those that are experienced and can critique my laps!
    Welcome I will try and check that channel out at some point.

Liked
    0 times

Hi, my name's Jeff. This forum was recommended by some random dude I met at a track day.

I'm a broke college student on a broke college student budget attempting to race competitively in 2015 in Redline Time Attack, Global Time Attack, as well as Targa Trophy's Super Track Series (newer competition series just because).

The car: Evo X GSR, 388awhp/360awtq, Road Race Engineering's Dynapack. Stock turbo, stock block, stock head, basic bolt-ons, E85, Ohlins Road & Track, Whiteline Sway Bars, Endlinks, RCK, 265/35 RS3's, APR GTC-300, no real front aero. 3380lbs w/ fuel w/o driver.

0 sponsors, no team, funded mostly by a $10/hr job. Completely out of budget for the next 4 months, so I guess this is how the car will sit unless some shop sponsor pops out of nowhere, *hint hint* RRE/FFTEC/Massimo Power/whoever else who might possibly be reading

Spent a few track days this year testing out the car (minus all the suspension and tire goodies) and doing driver mod, just had a first real shakedown last weekend at Streets of Willow with the current set-up,

SOW CW 1:24.284 (388awhp/360awtq, 3380 lbs w/o driver, 265/35/18 RS3's, 65*F) semi-crowded track.

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TreyzianPerformance

Liked
    2230 times

Welcome Treyzian. Embrace broke. It comes with the car/track/racing hobby.

Liked
    0 times

Thanks, and lol. Within 5 minutes of entering Irvine, I get state-ref'd for the second time. I really really really hate the cops here... There goes more money
    Treyzian Racing

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca 1:39.906 | Streets of Willow CW 1:24.032 | Auto Club Speedway Roval 1:51.038 | Buttonwillow 13CW 1:59.028

Liked
    51 times

I used to get pulled over quite frequently for car mods when I was younger. Now that I'm 45, I just look like I'm driving my kid's car. I no longer look like a trouble maker.

Have fun with your fix-it tixckets. In a few decades you won't have the problem.

Liked
    695 times

Quote Originally Posted by Treyzian View Post
    Thanks, and lol. Within 5 minutes of entering Irvine, I get state-ref'd for the second time. I really really really hate the cops here... There goes more money
    Get a Miata.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

LongWinded National Champ Bueller's Avatar
    Liked
    167 times

I want me some RRE!
    Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

Liked
    4 times

I haD my evo ix done at RRE as well...good guys...my cousin also used to work there ... I sort of miss my evo days...im just surrounded by mostly know it all bmw douches now. LOL
    Last edited by slowsedan; 11-25-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Liked
    1 times

Hi All

I came across this site by searching for info on suspension mods for my 2014 Gt500.. I have tracked it at AAA speedway, Fontana, Ca. 3 times. First 2 times on the infield configuration

and third time on the CCW Roval. Infield best time (cost front tires) was 1.16.9 and best time on the Roval was 1:59.9. On the Roval I was very conservative on turn 1 and 2 and on the
    tires.

I can get into the 1:55's once I get the Nachos to hit turn 1 and 2 faster than the 101mph. I'm sure I can do 112/115 on turn 1 and 2, but want to follow a mustang doing that first. One
    reason I got under 2 min must have been on the straight part of the Rova,l I can hit around 156 mph.

Again, costs tires. I did just put high perf pads, rotors and cooling ducts for the fronts brakes.

Lots of really nice people at this event.

mjb
    novice
    Liked
    0 times

Hi there guys and gals. Michael Bird here, located in Raleigh NC. I am a retired track junkie. I've driven and instructed on a bunch of tracks in my Corvettes, Porsche 911 and several BMWs. I did a little bit of Solo 2 in my modified C4 Corvette, but that's the extent of anything competitive (other than autocross, which I suck at). Right now I get my car fix by writing about them in Roundel (BMW Car Club of America) and Quattro Quarterly (Audi Club of North America).

At my peak in 2000, I probably spent 15 or more weekends at the track. Yes, it got expensive.

So, if I'm retired, why am I here? Because I've decided that I need to start dealing with my bucket list. If I wait until I'm retired and have the time, I'll be too old and infirm to do some of the things that I want to do. And one of those is to drive some tracks that I've never done before. Laguna Seca, for one. Watkins Glen. That's the list, so far, in America. It might be fun to do one or two in Europe, but now we're talking some serious money.

Now, I think I've got the WG thing worked out, but for me to do LS is going to require a rental. So I thought this forum might be a good place to start looking and asking questions. I can rent a Meeotter in CA, which is fine, and I'm sure it will be lots of fun, but I wonder if there will be some Northern California enthusiasts who might want a little bit of coin for renting their car for a day to a guy who drives like your grandmother...

The tracks that I've done, best that I can remember:
    Charlotte Motor Speedway (now called Lowe's, I think) NASCAR turns & infield course
    Roebling Road (Savannah)
    Road Atlanta
    VIR (all configurations except "Patriot")
    Summit Point (W. Va)
    Mid-Ohio
    Road America
    Rockingham (in the bowels of NC)
    Carolina Motorsport Park (CMP) in SC near Columbia

Cars I drove on track:
    C4 Corvette
    C5 Z06
    964 911
    993 911
    E39 528i
    E28 M5
    E34 530i
    E28 535is

I now have a Porsche 991 as my "fun" car. It hasn't seen the track.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fdsc_6658.jpg  

Liked
    2230 times

Welcome, mjb.

Trackspeed Engineering is in that area and can probably help you with a rental. Andrew Kidd is your contact.

Trackspeed Engineering

(650) 701-RACE (650-701-7223)

mjb
    novice
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Welcome, mjb.

Trackspeed Engineering is in that area and can probably help you with a rental. Andrew Kidd is your contact.
    Thank you Brett! This crazy idea of mine may actually work! It looks like it's going to be $8-900 per day, which is a lot of money but when you think about the ease of a fly-and-drive track day, it's well worth it.

Liked
    5 times

Hello All,

Long time lurker here. My name is Jon Wallace and I am from Chino Hills, CA. I've been attending track events since 2010, but drove my first event just this year. My dad got me interested in Motorsports and wrenching at a young age.

1999 BMW M3
    Mostly Stock but well maintained.

I've only driven Buttonwillow 13CW, but I've been to WSIR and CVR and sat as a passenger.

Best recorded time at BW 13cw was a 2:19 (pre-repave) out of the hot pits with passenger and old Bridgestone S-04. 225/245

I'm excited to make it out to more events! thanks for reading.
    Olitho and tq3z like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 31 37 43 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast