+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ... 26 32 38 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 62 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1303
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: New Member Introductions

  1. #981
    Spec Backhoe Champion redtopz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,234
    Liked
    990 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    ^^^ Thanks, Dad.

    Robby - I have some advice for a young man too.

    Never crap on a blanket. Never eat a girl called "Mom's." Never sleep with a woman who's got more herpes than you have, and most importantly never bring a rusty old burgundy miata to Cal Club tech the day of a race
    ucfbrett likes this.

  2. #982
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Hudson, OH
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times

    Default

    Hello all. New guy here. This looks like a great site with lots of good information. My background: I held an SCCA Nat'l Comp license for 18 years. Raced F Prod, Showroom Stock, Formula
    Continental, and Formula Ford. Retired from racing a number of years ago after a bad accident at Mid-Ohio in my Swift. Starting to some track days/DE's. It's a bug that can never be cured.

    Dave

  3. #983
    The Real Captain Slow Red_5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    4,334
    Liked
    765 times

    Default

    Welcome.^^
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

  4. #984
    Administrator ucfbrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ventura, Calif.
    Posts
    5,639
    Liked
    2356 times

    Default

    Welcome, Dave.

  5. #985
    Member Zmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bonny Doon, Ca
    Posts
    70
    Liked
    24 times

    Default

    Hello all my name is Grant and I hope to be driving my unlimited class 370Z at some Nor Cal NASA track events as well as some hillclimbs this year. I have been doing number of track days, time trails, hillclimbs and autocross over past decade. I'm having my first real race car built by Brian Lock at Valkyrie Autosports. He is my neighbor in Bonny Doon in Northern California.

    Two of us have been plotting on this car for a few years. Widebody 370Z with a 4 liter stroked and dry sumped VQHR motor.

    image_330.jpg

    image_337.jpg

    Here is a video of the car prior to its deconstruction at a hillclimb.

    Hoopa hillclimb 2012 - 370z - YouTube
    Last edited by Zmaster; 04-06-2014 at 07:00 AM.

  6. #986
    Eurotopian.com capn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    LAX
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    0 times

    Default

    test

  7. #987
    Administrator ucfbrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ventura, Calif.
    Posts
    5,639
    Liked
    2356 times

    Default

    It works.

  8. #988
    Eurotopian.com capn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    LAX
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    0 times

    Default

    Hello folks,

    My name is Amer and I'm with Eurotopia group based in California. The group began on November 2012 in Santa Monica when a couple of driving enthusiasts came together looking to share a drive through some of California's most scenic roads. Fast-forward to over a year later and Eurotopia is one of the fastest growing driving enthusiast group in Southern California with 650+ users and after almost 1.5 years we are looking to branch out to track driving. We're looking to do Autoclub Speedway this August with the lovely folks at Speed Ventures.

    Also you can see a few pictures of our past driving events:





















  9. #989
    Administrator ucfbrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ventura, Calif.
    Posts
    5,639
    Liked
    2356 times

    Default

    Welcome, Amer. Good luck at the track.

  10. #990
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rolling Hills Estates
    Posts
    3,003
    Liked
    887 times

    Default

    Welcome.

    Some real impressive cars.

    Most of you may want to change out your nice quiet stock brake pads. Autoclub Speedway can be a problem with fast cars on stock pads.
    ucfbrett likes this.

  11. #991
    Junior Member Spedteacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times

    Default

    Hello! My name is Sue and I just found this site via some of the guys I do track days with. I have a modified 2013 Fiat Abarth that I autocross and track. It's a serious hobby, but I am not out to break any records. I have been "racing" for about 7 years now. The track I run the most is Spring Mountain. I have been to Big Willow and SOW as well. I usually run with the local Porsche club, but have run with SV and XS. Anyway, just thought I would introduce myself.

    Sue in Vegas
    Regional Executive
    LVRSCCA

  12. #992
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,987
    Liked
    1485 times

    Default

    Welcome, Sue! Be careful with that 500 Abarth. I have heard they have a tendency to roll . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Spedteacher View Post
    Hello! My name is Sue and I just found this site via some of the guys I do track days with. I have a modified 2013 Fiat Abarth that I autocross and track. It's a serious hobby, but I am not out to break any records. I have been "racing" for about 7 years now. The track I run the most is Spring Mountain. I have been to Big Willow and SOW as well. I usually run with the local Porsche club, but have run with SV and XS. Anyway, just thought I would introduce myself.

    Sue in Vegas
    Regional Executive
    LVRSCCA
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

    2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

  13. #993
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    2 times

    Default Hello

    stalkermay2014-30.jpgstalker-rear-side-view.jpg

    Name: Mike B
    From : Dove Canyon Ca
    Experience : 10-15 track days only
    Car : Replica Lotus 7
    Just completed, looking forward to getting it on the track. LS3 powered, 1400 pounds.
    Olitho and Loose Caboose like this.

  14. #994
    Sir flink
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    984
    Liked
    553 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spa Dog View Post
    LS3 powered, 1400 pounds.

  15. #995
    Chest hair required Olitho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,236
    Liked
    2344 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spa Dog View Post
    Just completed, looking forward to getting it on the track. LS3 powered, 1400 pounds.
    . Wow!

    You live right around the corner from me.

    I might do a test day at Willow Springs on Friday the 20th.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

  16. #996
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    2 times

    Default Sounds great!

    Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    . Wow!

    You live right around the corner from me.

    I might do a test day at Willow Springs on Friday the 20th.

    Car is being delivered from St Pete, should be here by then, if not i will go next time.

    I live in Dove and work in Irvine off Michelson,guess we are neighbors!

  17. #997
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rolling Hills Estates
    Posts
    3,003
    Liked
    887 times

  18. #998
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    95
    Liked
    53 times

    Default

    Hi everyone,

    I picked up a 2011 Z06 last year just to do a few track days a year and it's been an amazing experience so far.

    Watching people's videos and lap times posted on here for my local tracks in NorCal: Thunderhill and Sonoma has not only been inspirational but also very critical in learning and improving myself. Seeing nice guys like Bill/RedTopz who are not only blinding fast but also very helpful (my PM's on corvette forum! ) and humble means a lot to a moving chicane just trying to go a little faster.

    As of June 1st, I've done 6 track days, 4 at T Hill and 2 at Sears Point

    I keep my car relatively stock except for a race seat and bushings since the seats on the Corvette are impressively bad. The car has tons of potential as is so I rather spend my money on tires and track days.

    Thanks,
    Robert.

  19. #999
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    45
    Liked
    8 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spa Dog View Post
    Car is being delivered from St Pete, should be here by then, if not i will go next time.

    I live in Dove and work in Irvine off Michelson,guess we are neighbors!
    Another local here. I'm in RSM. I am going to Buttonwillow on the 28th and 29th. Would be nice to see that beast on track

  20. #1000
    Administrator ucfbrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ventura, Calif.
    Posts
    5,639
    Liked
    2356 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertR1 View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I picked up a 2011 Z06 last year just to do a few track days a year and it's been an amazing experience so far.

    Watching people's videos and lap times posted on here for my local tracks in NorCal: Thunderhill and Sonoma has not only been inspirational but also very critical in learning and improving myself. Seeing nice guys like Bill/RedTopz who are not only blinding fast but also very helpful (my PM's on corvette forum! ) and humble means a lot to a moving chicane just trying to go a little faster.

    As of June 1st, I've done 6 track days, 4 at T Hill and 2 at Sears Point

    I keep my car relatively stock except for a race seat and bushings since the seats on the Corvette are impressively bad. The car has tons of potential as is so I rather spend my money on tires and track days.

    Thanks,
    Robert.
    Welcome, Robert and Spa Dog.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ... 26 32 38 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 62 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts