+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 25 31 37 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 61 ... LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: New Member Introductions

Liked
    765 times

^^Welcome.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2589 times

Welcome Chris!

Lots of Miata drivers here from Socal and Norcal.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    1485 times

Chris -

Track days are like addictive drugs. You should take heroin at Sonoma Raceway, buddy . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    115 times

The hompage link to this thread is/was broken so I never properly introduced myself. My apologies.

Hello, my name is Adam and I am struggling with a track day addiction. Kinda got started back in '08 with one day at ACS with Speed Ventures in my '08 Mazdaspeed 3. Was tons of fun, but I was too scared to track my daily driver.

Fast forward to last year and, after initially considering getting my pilots license, I started surfing Miata.net and purchased a 91 NA from a gentleman who was "retiring" from autocross. Since then, I've been out 6 or 7 times to WSIR, SOW, and ACS. Looking forward to CVR and BRP in the coming months.

Only slight upgrades to the car so far, but that's about to change thanks to fellow TrackHQ member and Miata fan Moti at Blackbird Fabworx. Will post plenty of "after" pics.

Just started running in SV's Miata Challenge, and I'm considering W2W in the future. SPM and/or PTE/F at some point, perhaps.

If anyone has suggestions about race car storage in the LA area, please ping me. Especially in the San Fernando Valley. My wife is tired of it sitting in the driveway.

Also I'm playing around with a track day calendar site. It displays all the open track days by the various organizations around Cali. Click through in my sig and let me know what you think. Helpful?

Glad to be here!

bellwilliam and Red_5 like this.

Liked
    45 times

Hello,

New member here, surprise surprise. I've been involved with racing around the San Francisco Bay Area since I was a little kid. I am building a NASA PTE/E3 (and probably SCCA ITE so I can stay true to my roots) Miata, yes, yet another one. But this one has been in the family as a street car since 1990, and I even took my date to the senior prom with it a few years later. Since it was about to be retired or sold to some party that would trash it, we decided to turn it into a competition car instead. It is being cleaned up and assembled in a tiny house garage in Sunnyvale now and hopefully it will be finished as a racecar by the end of the summer. It's nice having friends help out with building!

My racing experience includes going through SCCA Drivers School at T-Hill in 1996 and I've raced in ITB, GT3, and Formula 500 classes on and off since then. As a kid I worked in Timing and Scoring befor the advent of transponders, then I wasn't a minor any more and went flagging instead. I ate nothing but ramen and mac 'n cheese for months to support my racing habit back in the past. Recently I've done some Lemons "racing" with some of my R/C racing buddies but I appreciate and prefer the professionalism of NASA and SCCA instead. Plus it's more fun to go faster.

About the only thing I love more than racing is beer. If I could make some large vinyl Russian River Pliny the Elder decals for my Miata, I probably would...

I also wanted to say thanks to those who have posted questions and answers about their cars here. Many times searches on Google for Miata questions end up here and trackhq has been an invaluable resource to me over the past few months. I know I will be spending some money with some of the sponsors here soon! Thank you.

-Cameron Wagner

Liked
    1485 times

Cameron -

Welcome! As your trackHQ Sheriff and the second oldest nastiest bastard here (after Gordon -- "TrackDayHookey"), please make this your internet home . . .
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 03-09-2014 at 08:41 PM.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    2344 times

Welcome aboard Wagner.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    2356 times

Welcome, guys.

Liked
    192 times

Hey there Cameron,

As a fellow northern California Miata owner... I say welcome!

I'm up in Rohnert Park... else I'd offer to swing by and lend a hand/wrench as needed.

Liked
    8 times

Hello, all!

My name is Rafael I live in So Cal and and I am new to posting here but I have lurked this forum for a while now.I am beginning to get more and more in to track driving. I have run a couple of track days so far in my 350Z but have now purchased a 97 NA recently to make a more budget friendly track oriented car. Here are some specs on the cars:

2003 350Z Base model
    -HKS true dual exhaust
    -JWT intake
    -18x9.5 Enkei RPF1's w/ 265/35R18 RS3's

(Does not have the black Koseis in the pic; PO kept the wheels when I bought the car)
    1997 Miata Base package
    -BFW GT3 Rollbar
    -Factory hardtop
    -Koni Yellows
    -RB springs (195lb F 123lb R)
    -Stock front sway bar
    -No rear sway
    -Open diff (as far as I can tell)
    -14" daisies w/ 185/60r14 Dunlop ZII
    -Carbotech 1521 F & R pads
    -Steel braided lines
    -New Timing belt, WP, front seals, VC gasket
    -Koyo Radiator 37mm
    -PCI seat bracket w/ Sparco Sprint & Ultrashield 6 point harness (all need to be installed as the seat has not yet arrived)

I want to run the Miata as is and decide how I want to upgrade her as I gain more skill behind the wheel. Don't want to just throw money at her and not know how to properly drive her.

I have only driven the Z on the track and both times were at Streets of Willow. I have several prepaid track days with Extremespeed events so I will be driving the Miata on track from here on out. I have met some forum members at Streets and down at 949 (Sonny and Emilio) and can't wait to eventually run the Miatachallenge with them and the rest of the forum members

See you guys on the track!
    ucfbrett likes this.

Liked
    8 times

Just noticed that agershon's picture has both the cars my post has as well. LOL

Liked
    0 times

Hello everyone. My name is Robby and I drive a 1990 mazda miata (favorite car I've ever owned by far) I've had it for about 2 years now and have been stuck in the "I-just-want-it-to-look-cool" phase. I have now grown out of that and am very interested in making my car do what it does best, go around turns. It is my daily driver and only mode of transportation, so everything I do with it will have to be taken into serious consideration. I'm very excited to learn from all the experts on this forum, soak up the knowledge and advice, and get some seat time in at some of the tracks here in California. So far I've met a few miata people such as Ken from GarageStar and the guys at Evil Genius Racing. I just bought a long-nose 1.6 from Andrew at Trackspeed Engineering and chatted with him briefly. I'm a full-time student so I'll always be on a budget. My goal is to have fun, track my car (hopefully not break anything), and if i do... have the knowledge and support to fix it myself in a short amount of time. Have any tips or suggestions for me? I'm all ears. Thanks in advance.

-Robby

Liked
    2356 times

You have the right car for the job, Robby. Spend your money on safety, reliability and driver training, in that order. Finish school and get a job that lets you go to the track as much as you can. Welcome.

Liked
    1485 times

^^^ Thanks, Dad.

Robby - I have some advice for a young man too.

Never play craps on a blanket. Never eat in a place called "Mom's." Never sleep with a woman who's got more troubles than you have.

Liked
    12 times

Hey guys, my name's Andy and I'm from North Carolina. I've been tracking my 1991 Miata @ VIR for two years now. I have logged about 30 hours in my Miata on VIR. I daily drive the car and I feel like that has helped me learn. I don't have any mission or goals, I just like driving cars fast. I've been lurking here for almost a year so I think it's about time I started contributing.

My car is not the prettiest or the most meticulously built, but it is safe and it is fun to drive.

A brief mod list includes:
    • Koni Sport shocks w/ GC coilovers and Eibach springs (650 lb/in front, 450 lb/in rear)
    • Torsen differential
    • Rollbar + Sparco sprint V w/ 6 point harness
    • Hard top
    • FM frame rails
    • Brakes from a 1.8 miata w/ Hawk HT-10 pads

Here is a picture from a rainy track day last October

I look forward to learning from all of you and hopefully returning the favor by passing the knowledge along.

Liked
    807 times

Welcome Andy!
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    2344 times

Quote Originally Posted by Pyr0monk3y View Post
    My car is not the prettiest or the most meticulously built, but it is safe and it is fun to drive.

I look forward to learning from all of you and hopefully returning the favor by passing the knowledge along.

You car looks better than Burgoon's....
    Richard EVO and redtopz like this.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    1485 times

^^^ It looks like a Ferrari compared to Burgoon's Miata . . .
    bellwilliam likes this.

Liked
    807 times

Andy, get at me for some THQ decals the next time we meet.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    12 times

Quote Originally Posted by Force McCocken View Post
    Andy, get at me for some THQ decals the next time we meet.
    I'd love some. I don't know where I'm going to put them but I'm open for suggestions. Is it even possible to tastefully apply stickers?

Thank you for the welcome guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 25 31 37 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 61 ... LastLast