+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ... 24 30 36 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 60 ... LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: New Member Introductions

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Welcome, guys.

Hey, BoatCaptain. Tell us about the engine in your Miata. The intake appears to be on the opposite side from stock?
    sharp eye ucf .this is a bored up 1.9 litre vvt engine running with individual throttle bodies build by a local shop call chikara motorsports that specalize in miatas.

-specs of the engine

head:
    -ferrea custom dual valve spring
    -custom cam
    -supertech valve keeper
    -oem valve
    -custom bronze guide
    -cnc port and hand polish
    -maruha individual throttle bodies
    -maxim works header

block:
    -maruha oil baffle
    -cut and balance crank
    -mahle 85.5mm piston
    -m tuned rods

Liked
    7 times

Hey all. Been lurking a bit and saw this thread to introduce myself.

Name: Ryan
    Home: Near Atlanta, GA
    Car: 1994 Acura Integra RS
    Track Experience: 25+ track days all around the midwest and east coast. Run NASA TT and instruct with a couple of local organizations.
    Favorite Track: Road Atlanta (scary!) and Putnam Park

My Integra is nothing special. I've run it in TTF for a bit but will be slowly making some significant changes to be competitive in E. Just trying to keep up with the Miatas

Liked
    1485 times

^^^ Welcome! Tell your east coast and southern track day and amateur racing friends about this site. While trackHQ is national and international, the majority of our members are in California. Let's start busting out . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif Blackbird's Avatar
    Liked
    2085 times

Very nice car, Ryan, super clean.
    Welcome!

Liked
    158 times

Hey all. been a lurker here for a while, figured I would register and introduce myself and contribute a bit.

Name:Ryan
    Home: SoCal
    Car:2005 S2000, 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 87 ****box lemons car and other stuff that is either disassembled or tows more fun things.
    Experience: ~40 track days over the last few years, across pretty much every track in California, some AutoX and 4 time lemons moron.
    Favorite Track: Anything I can drive my car home from.

Liked
    2 times

I've been hanging around the forum for a few months now and decided to finally post an intro thread now that my PTE build is complete.

Name: Jason
    Hometown: Oakland, CA
    Cars: Turbo Miata, PTE Miata, Chumpcar Miata, 911
    Experience: A number of HPDEs and just beginning W2W racing.

Backstory:
    Having always been a car guy, about 5 years ago I decided to buy a Miata for the occasional weekend autocross knowing nothing about Miatas other than that they handled well and were cheap to run. After a few events I realized that a stock Miata wasn't for me and I started upgrading things to get the car where I wanted it. A few events later I decided that autocrossing was a complete waste of a day for about 90 seconds of seat time so I decided to focus my efforts on building a dedicated track car. At that time my knowledge of the ins and outs of building a capable track car were limited to what I read on Miata.net and MiataTurbo.net but I had no idea how to do the work myself. Luckily for me I found a couple of guys that were local, knowledgable and were just starting a business building track-capable Miatas: Andrew and Nick from Trackspeed Engineering. After a few phone calls, emails and a number of checks, I ended up with this: Thumper - a 1993 Turbo Miata w 2560R Garrett Turbocharger.

Attachment 6129
    1993 Turbo Miata w 2560R Garrett Turbocharger

After upgrading that car with various Trackspeed components over the years I decided that it was time to try something new so earlier this year Andrew and I started a new build: Charlotte - a purpose-built PTE car that was more or less a copy of Rover.

Attachment 6130
    1990 PTE Miata

While building Charlotte, a couple of buddies and I thought it'd be fun to try our hand at Chumpcar racing so we bought a beater Miata and ended up with this: Elmo - a red 1994 Miata that we run stock to comply with Chumpcar's $500 rule.

Attachment 6131
    1994 Chumpcar Miata

And then to complete the addiction, I recently purchased a 1977 911 with a 3.6 Varioram conversion that will see both street and track duty:

Attachment 6132
    1977 911 3.6 Varioram

So that's my story. If you happen to see any of those cars at a CA track event please stop by and say hello.

Liked
    2356 times

Welcome, guys!

Liked
    36 times

Long time lurker posting up finally.

Name: Sean
    Hometown: San Diego, CA
    Cars: NB1 swapped NA6 running in Miata Challenge MOD Class.
    Experience: I've been auto crossing for 6 years and have and a few years of HPDE experience.

Background:
    I have grown up around motorcycles and cars that my dad was always wrenching on. When I was young I attended the Long Beach Grand Prix in the hay day of Zanardi and at that point I knew I wanted to participate in motor-sports somehow when I got older. I karted occasionally when I grew up but nothing serious nor was I very good. When I was 12 or 13 I got a ride with my brothers SCCA auto-x prepped CRX and was completely sold. As soon as I got my license I started auto crossing and it went downhill from there.

My first toy was a mint S13 hatch back I bought from it's original owner, it only had 87k on it! So clean and I regret selling it to this day.

From there I picked up a used BMW Z3 2.8 which provided lots of fun! Such a great platform, I still lust for the Z3 M Coupe with a S54.

From there I went to picking up my current Miata back in 2010 and again I got lucky and picked up a tastefully modified one from the original owner with only 84k miles!

I autocrossed the Miata as I bought it for about a year and a half straight before I wanted more power. At that time I had meet ThePass who helped me turbo charge the little 1.6. At that point I decided it was time to go to the real track and made my way to ACS. Somehow the car survived on low boost with a dilapidated OEM radiator.

It didn't take long(6 months) before I realized the turbo was sucking $$$ away from going to the track and I decided to rip it out and swap a NB1 engine. Best decision I've ever made and now the car has been making me smile ever since. Here is a shot from my last outing at ACS.

Looking forward to getting into some w2w at some point in the near future after this season of Miata Challenge.

Cheers,

Sean

Liked
    192 times

Finally registered after a few months of reading posts since picking up my Miata...

Name: Joe
    Hometown: Bay Area, CA
    Cars: 1995 Miata. Bone stock for now. Previous cars that had track time include a 2008 convertible Mini Cooper S, a 1990 300ZX Twin Turbo, and a 1989 5.0.
    Experience: 20+ years of open track and HPDE... with a mix of AX tossed in as well.

Background: Been doing track days on and off since the early 90s, so I had a chance to run Sear's Point and Laguna before they were "improved" for Nascar/motorcycles/F1/etc. Had a chance to participate in the Open Track Challenge in 2002, campaigning two 300ZXs, placing 3rd in T3 with Carl Merritt in the non-turbo 300zx, behind Jack Olson and Bill Arnold. The T2 car lost two pistons on the way to Thunderhill that year. Fondly remember Turbodog and the original Flying Miata Track Dog. Most recently, had a chance to run Buttonwillow and Laguna Seca again with the Mini Cooper. Hoping to return to the track soon with the Miata.

I've been guilty of lurking around a bit, as I wade back into the online car communities and Miata groups... I've been a bit active in the BAMD group up here in the bay area, with two tech days under my belt (including the round trip drives from Orange County to the bay area and back...)

I'm back in the bay area now as of Saturday... so looking forward to seeing some of you folks in the tracks up in northern California.

Liked
    36 times

I've been lurking on and off for a little while now

Name: Albert
    Home: Long Beach, CA
    Cars: 2005 Honda S2000, 1990 Mazda Miata
    Track Experience: Been doing hpde's since 09 in the s2000

Planning to get a racing license and run SM and/or PTE with the Miata.

I am also considering converting the S2000 into an STU car.
    Last edited by albertg; 09-28-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Liked
    1485 times

^^^ Welcome. What is the point of "lurking"?

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    36 times

Mostly just looking for information or seeing what is for sale.

Richard, glad to hear you got another s2000. Welcome back!

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by albertg View Post
    Mostly just looking for information or seeing what is for sale.

Richard, glad to hear you got another s2000. Welcome back!
    I still own my Formula Mazda, but not sure if I will ever drive it again. I need to work through a homologation paperwork snafu before I can sell it. Bought the S2K to dissuade myself from ever tracking the NSX again -- that car is too nice to risk on the track.

Liked
    2356 times

Welcome AlbertG. PM me if you'd like some TrackHQ.com stickers for your any of your cars. Or anyone else, for that matter. Blue and white available.

Liked
    977 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    ^^^ Welcome. What is the point of "lurking"?
    People, you know, read. And learn sometimes.
    Olitho and Fabman like this.

Liked
    381 times

You'd have to dig through a ton of one-liner's and sheriff jokes and old guy rants to really find anything of use though....
    ucfbrett likes this.
    Do you understand?

Liked
    1 times

Just joined up! love the track focus here!

2013 M3 DCT, KW Clubsport, Stoptech Brakes, Stock Power, AD08R
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:57:7
    WSIR - 1:30:9

Liked
    887 times

Nice.

Great looking car and very serious lap times.

Liked
    1 times

^thanks! Enjoy the track talk and info here

Liked
    0 times

Default Intro...

Hi everyone, My name is Christopher Chu. I am from the Bay Area, more specifically in Palo Alto. Learned to drive on my Miata and I daily a F30 328i. Would love to meet up to talk and drive cars.

Name: Chris Chu
    Hometown: Bay Area, Palo Alto CA
    Cars: 1997 Miata, coilovers, and tires. BMW F30 EBII Msport 328i
    Experience: Autocross only, no track days or HPDE yet. Hopefully going to some soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 664800_222920194526502_603604554_o.jpg  
    Attached Images    

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ... 24 30 36 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 60 ... LastLast