+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 19 25 31 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 55 61 ... LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: New Member Introductions

Liked
    990 times

Quote Originally Posted by PacificRaceways View Post
    My name is Willis, the Road Course Manager at Pacific Raceways in Kent, Washington.
    I have minimal track experience, a lot of indoor karting and some Rotax kart experience. Plenty of lapping experience at my home track too.
    I drive a 1979 Chevy Camaro Z28 with a 383 stroker. Needs some serious suspension tuning tho!

PM or email me if you have questions about the track or when we're having track days!
    Welcome to trackhq! Some day I'll make the trip up north and visit your track.

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by PacificRaceways View Post
    My name is Willis, the Road Course Manager at Pacific Raceways in Kent, Washington.
    I have minimal track experience, a lot of indoor karting and some Rotax kart experience. Plenty of lapping experience at my home track too.
    I drive a 1979 Chevy Camaro Z28 with a 383 stroker. Needs some serious suspension tuning tho!

PM or email me if you have questions about the track or when we're having track days!
    I have heard great things about Pacific Raceways from the few drivers I know who have run there. It's hard for us in SoCal to get up there, but I hope to do it one day.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    138 times

My name is Erik Bruner. I'm an just an hpde noob that runs miata challenge. I'm hoping to hone my skills and join a chump car or lemons effort in the next year or two. I live in Costa Mesa and I'll be doing speedventures events around the southern california area. I've been doing hpde events since I was 17 in cars ranging from a subaru svx, alfa romeo milano, mini cooper s and a miata. I am a project manager for the large scale commercial construction industry (ie my job sucks) and a semi-pro photographer to fill out the rest of my time.

This next year I'm trying to do 7-8 events this year in my miata and 2-3 east coast events in my dad's camaro.

West of the Mississippi you'll find me in this.

East of the Mississippi you'll find me in this.

If anyone would like me to provide event photo's or a full on car photoshoot please feel free to contact me. I have no problem doing work for used take off rubber.

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif Blackbird's Avatar
    Liked
    2085 times

Welcome to posting status, lurker!

Liked
    1 times

I'm Glyn Churchman. I've been doing HDPE's in the New England area for two years or a dozen or so track days. I drive a track only, 2008 silver Subaru STi. Pictures can be seen here: 2008subarutrack.shutterfly.com Typically, you see me at Lime Rock or running with SCDA.

I am retired, but very active. I do all the work to my car that I can. I am in the process of building a second motor for my car.
    I have always enjoyed fast cars and racing. My older brother and I raced in the Lone Star Region of SCCA when we were quite young. After some soloing in a RX-7 R1 in the early '90's I sat on the sidelines until recently.
    I look forward to more track days and forays into TT's.
    Try this jalpeno son. It ain't hot!
    Pictures

Liked
    977 times

Welcome Scargod. Seems like quite a regression from the RX7 to an Fbody and a Subaru?

Liked
    2356 times

Quote Originally Posted by Scargod View Post
    I'm Glyn Churchman. I've been doing HDPE's in the New England area for two years or a dozen or so track days. I drive a track only, 2008 silver Subaru STi. Pictures can be seen here: 2008subarutrack.shutterfly.com Typically, you see me at Lime Rock or running with SCDA.

I am retired, but very active. I do all the work to my car that I can. I am in the process of building a second motor for my car.
    I have always enjoyed fast cars and racing. My older brother and I raced in the Lone Star Region of SCCA when we were quite young. After some soloing in a RX-7 R1 in the early '90's I sat on the sidelines until recently.
    I look forward to more track days and forays into TT's.

Welcome Glyn. Great to have a New Englander on TrackHQ.com.

ETK
    Liked
    127 times

Hi Track people!

My name is Erin (I am a dude) and I drive a 2008 350z. I go to a few track events per year, mostly with Speed Ventures in Southern CA. I am also having my father's old alfa GTV turned into a race car as a joint project with my Dad, and I hope to race with VARA at some point. I work in real estate research, specializing in new condominiums in the Western US.

I will be at Buttonwillow this Sunday, so I am sure I will see some of you out there!Attachment 5393Attachment 5392

Liked
    2356 times

Welcome, Erin, who is a dude.

Liked
    60 times

Quote Originally Posted by ETK View Post
    Hi Track people!I will be at Buttonwillow this Sunday, so I am sure I will see some of you out there!Attachment 5393Attachment 5392
    Which run group are you in? I know at least one other black 350 and two 370s (one black, one silver) that will be there as well
    Follow my racing: https://www.youtube.com/ryandhouck
    2009 Yamaha R6 (race bike)
    2014 Triumph Street Triple R (street bike)
    2009 Honda S2000
    2008 BMW M3 (sold)

LongWinded National Champ Bueller's Avatar
    Liked
    168 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Welcome Erin, who is a dude.
    Attachment 5394
    Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

ETK
    Liked
    127 times

Quote Originally Posted by rhouck View Post
    Which run group are you in? I know at least one other black 350 and two 370s (one black, one silver) that will be there as well
    I just switched from sat to sun, so not sure which group. I asked for purple or black.

Liked
    6 times

Default Finally got the time to post here

Hi All,

I've been more than just a lurker after I decided to track the miata, but never really posted here.

My name is Ian and I work as an architect and I am from Alhambra, CA. I have been tracking cars since early 2006, and has been to almost all of the SoCal tracks and Laguna Seca. Very much enjoy driving at the track for leisure. It is the most effective stress relief for me and cheaper than speeding tickets for sure.

The car that I will always regret selling my entire life (went to the track quite often with this)

The commuter then

Those 2 was gone, then had this car for a bit (did not see any track, so I call it my withdrawal era car)

Then I am back on my feet again with this, started tracking again

The commuter now, and retired the evo from tracking and gave it to my dad for his daily use

Been the happiest ever since with the Miata! See you guys at the track!

Liked
    2356 times

Been the happiest ever since with the Miata!
    Word.

Liked
    887 times

"If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, make an ugly woman your wife"

More exactly:

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life
    Never make a pretty woman your wife
    So from my personal point of view
    Get an ugly girl to marry you

Calypso song - sung by Harry Belafonte and Jimmy Soul

Jimmy Soul - If You Want To Be Happy - YouTube - audio only :bannana_guitar:
    Last edited by Loose Caboose; 03-19-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Liked
    0 times

Your Dream Garage – SoCal LA’s No.1 Do-It-Yourself Auto Shop in Baldwin Park

We are “Your Dream Garage”, a self-service work shop for automobiles and motorcycles, located in Baldwin Park, California.

Our vision is to provide a “Dreams Come True” work space for everyone who likes to work on his or her cars or motorcycles.

We supply all the tools, including basic and specialty hand tools, test kits, air tools and electrical powered tools. We also have Lift, jack and other machinery shop equipments. As well as unlimited Alldata access, on board ASE certified mechanic to providing answers should you have any questions. All of these made us an 1- stop Do-It-Yourself Auto shop JUST FOR YOU.

We are offering you, the "Do-It-Myself" enthusiasts, an irresistible rate of $25/hr or $3.33 for every 5 minutes (for quick job) on an automotive lift, $15/hr for a stall bay which still including all the tools and equipments. Rates for motorcycles are $15/hr on a motorcycle lift or $10 for a stall bay (including wheel lift)
    Full day, half day or long term discount rates are also available.

Save yourself some time and money by Doing-It-Yourself. Have fun and get better quality of work at the same time.

We are currently taking appointments by phone or in person.
    Our online reservation system still needs some work but it will be ready very soon.

For More information, please visit our website: Your Dream Garage
    DIY Self serve do it yourself garage

Liked
    0 times

New member here. I'm a physician from Long Island, NY, who started tracking two years ago. I absolutely love it--it's where I spend my time and money since I don't play golf, gamble, fish, hunt, surf, sail, rockclimb, etc. I now have 25+ trackdays under my belt and am running in high intermediate with SCDA, NASA, and various PCA groups here in the Northeast. I frequent NJMP Lightning and Thunderbolt, Lime Rock (a fave since that was my first time ever on track with a Skip Barber school a few years ago), and Watkins Glen (my overall favorite). I'm looking forward to trying the recently repaved Pocono infield this Summer, and my dream is to eventually get to VIR and Mid-Ohio. My track car is my year-round work commuter/kid-hauler/grocery-getter/errand-runner, a 2011 M3 sedan. I adore this car--it's my only vehicle, and I don't think anything else could do so much so well. Pilot Super Sports for every day, Blizzaks for the Winter, and R comps for the track. I think m3post.com is no longer meeting my needs and interests (I was mainly on the track/autocross section there anyway), and I'm looking forward to learning a lot from the community here.

Liked
    887 times

Lime Rock and Watkins Glenn. My salivary glands are in hyperactive mode.

Liked
    1495 times

I'd like to out a lurker. Dan English lurks here and gave me **** about stickers yesterday!

Certified Rocket Surgeon Twofer's Avatar
    Liked
    3 times

Hey what's up everyone! I'm Tom from San Diego. I just got into this whole track day thing and I'm friggin hooked. I've been running the 2012 Mazdaspeed 3, and it's a beast. (that understeers like a beast..)

So far I've been to Big Willow, Buttonwillow and Chuckwalla. I was at Chuckwalla on April 21st and saw the aftermath of the accident. Since it happened, I've been re-evaluating the whole track day idea and decided I needed to get a dedicated track car with all of the safety equipment. The current plan is to get a Miata of some kind, put some suspension parts on it, roll bar, seat, harness, and HANS device.

I found this site while searching for safety gear. Tons of good info. Thanks all, and I'll see you around!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 19 25 31 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 55 61 ... LastLast