+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 65 FirstFirst ... 17 23 29 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 53 59 ... LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: New Member Introductions

Liked
    0 times

Last edited by pcasso87; 05-05-2013 at 09:18 PM.
    l 2013 Scion FR-S l 1997 E-420 Sport l 2012 RAM 2500 Laramie LongHorn l 2011 Audi A4 l

Liked
    60 times

Quote Originally Posted by thepass View Post
    I'll be at Buttonwillow with Speedventures for the Miata Challenge this coming weekend
    Didn't get a chance to say hi, but saw a lot of your car (I was behind you in red e92 M3). Had a lot of fun watching you getting that thing loose on corner exit! Looks like a blast to drive.

And nice track bike -- the 07+ CBR is great. Makes me miss my 07 R6 track bike currently sitting in storage

Liked
    587 times

Quote Originally Posted by rhouck View Post
    Didn't get a chance to say hi, but saw a lot of your car (I was behind you in red e92 M3). Had a lot of fun watching you getting that thing loose on corner exit! Looks like a blast to drive.

And nice track bike -- the 07+ CBR is great. Makes me miss my 07 R6 track bike currently sitting in storage
    Hey there! Yeah that was great fun. I was admiring your car while we were sitting on pre-grid. I noticed we are running the same tires.
    A couple if times I mucked up the braking for Star Mazda and went sliding through the apex, and having lost my momentum, I'd see you close in in my rearview. And then there was a time I tagged the dirt a bit, sending a cloud of dust at you and I thought "oh no! It's so pretty! I'm sorry!"

See ya out there sometime soon again!
    -Ryan
    Ryan Passey
    Singulär Motorsports | Goodwin Racing

#13 1990 Miata
    "The sport dedicating to the spirits of time attacking motoring" -Emilio

Liked
    60 times

Quote Originally Posted by thepass View Post
    Hey there! Yeah that was great fun. I was admiring your car while we were sitting on pre-grid. I noticed we are running the same tires.
    A couple if times I mucked up the braking for Star Mazda and went sliding through the apex, and having lost my momentum, I'd see you close in in my rearview. And then there was a time I tagged the dirt a bit, sending a cloud of dust at you and I thought "oh no! It's so pretty! I'm sorry!"

See ya out there sometime soon again!
    -Ryan
    Haha if you looked up close you wouldn't have been as worried -- front end has definitely taken a beating from track days (and cracked plastic undertray and bumper from hitting a cone on Sat as someone bumped into the center of the track), and plus I still have dirt from Buttonwillow in all the interior crevices from an off back in January See you at the next one
    Follow my racing: https://www.youtube.com/ryandhouck
    2009 Yamaha R6 (race bike)
    2014 Triumph Street Triple R (street bike)
    2009 Honda S2000
    2008 BMW M3 (sold)

Liked
    587 times

Quote Originally Posted by rhouck View Post
    Haha if you looked up close you wouldn't have been as worried -- front end has definitely taken a beating from track days (and cracked plastic undertray and bumper from hitting a cone on Sat as someone bumped into the center of the track), and plus I still have dirt from Buttonwillow in all the interior crevices from an off back in January See you at the next one
    Ahh so you're the one who moved that pesky cone out of the way. Thanks for that, it was ruining my line and then I came around one lap and it had been punted off the track and I wondered who had been the generous person to sacrifice their bumper to move it, although I'm sure it wasn't intentional
    Ryan Passey
    Singulär Motorsports | Goodwin Racing

#13 1990 Miata
    "The sport dedicating to the spirits of time attacking motoring" -Emilio

Liked
    0 times

I've been lurking long enough. Figured it was time to introduce myself.
    Name: Ben
    Home: Phoenix, AZ
    Car: Evo RS.
    Experience: Always learning
    Evos are pretty much my obsession. My latest one is a track car only. As with most cars I'm sure, it's still awork in progress. Trying to decide what to run this comming year. I usually stick to Time Attack formats;however, it may be time to do something a it different.

Liked
    2281 times

Nice workmanship inside. Welcome to TrackHQ.com.

Liked
    4 times

Hello everyone. I know a decent amount of people on here so decided to join in.

Name: Chris
    Home: Irvine, Ca
    Cars: 96 miata, 93 volvo 940 wagaon
    Home Track: Adams Kart Track in my car, not a kart.
    Experience: Few seasons of Autox and some HPDE. Also been working crew for 949 Racing

Here is my miata

And my miata next to the real race machine. My volvo

Liked
    3 times

The wood beam holding up your hood is only outdone by the tie strap doing who-knows-what. You do the whole scientific community proud, Chris.

Liked
    4 times

Andre there are a lot scarier things under the hood. It is to the point where I dont want to touch it even though I built everything in there myself.

Liked
    2 times

New to Track HQ , but not new to the addiction

Name : Trey Stiles

Retired earlier this year after selling my golf course.

Raced SCCA since 1987 in F440 , Spec Racer Renault , CSR - Toyota World SportsRacer , Formula Continental , Spec Racer Ford , Spec Miata , ITA , STL

Just sold my latest race car ( 95 Miata ITA/STL ) and beginning to build a dual purpose NC miata.

Great forum you guys have , I've visited rarely but now have the time to check it out more often.

Liked
    716 times

Welcome Trey, I'm looking forward to hearing more about your NC build.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    2281 times

Welcome to TrackHQ.com, Trey.

Liked
    22 times

Default Full Circle

Quote Originally Posted by tstiles View Post
    New to Track HQ , but not new to the addiction

Name : Trey Stiles

Retired earlier this year after selling my golf course.

Raced SCCA since 1987 in F440 , Spec Racer Renault , CSR - Toyota World SportsRacer , Formula Continental , Spec Racer Ford , Spec Miata , ITA , STL

Just sold my latest race car ( 95 Miata ITA/STL ) and beginning to build a dual purpose NC miata.

Great forum you guys have , I've visited rarely but now have the time to check it out more often.

Hi Trey, funny how things come around full circle sometimes. We used to work together in Texas in the 80's, I knew you raced then but I only terrorized the streets in those days. I bought a Corvette in 2005 living in Seattle and started auto crossing and doing track days up there. Moved to So Cal in 2007 and really got the track bug there and found this forum and made a lot of good friends. Now I mainly DD the Corvette and I have an E30 I am working on this winter to run with SCCA and Nasa for next year in some endurance races. I still have a picture of you and Ken James and Woody and Dale Morgan and Mark Flowers at Arrowhead golf course in like 1989. Figure out who it is yet? Tom Barrett. I am in Chicago now for the 3rd time and since we have a short season here, I have to try hard to squeeze in many track days or races here. Still in the golf business with Billy Casper Golf, currently operating the Cook County Forest Preserve Golf Courses, 11 of them.

I ran across a web site with some pictures of you and your numerous race cars a couple of weeks ago, looks like you have been having fun!

If you want to see some of my videos, I am on you tube under vetteguy2005.

Good to hear from you and hope your next project goes well. If you get up to Chicago, give me a buzz, I am on this forum almost daily.

Good Luck.

Tom
    Corvette Specialty C6
    Life is like a race, the best times win!

Liked
    2 times

Tom , I guess you never know what's going to pop up on a forum.

Thrilled to see that you've caught the addiction , and that your doing great in the golf biz. Speaking of golf biz , I'm beginning to do some temp / interim / project work for some folks so let me know if you guys need anything. I just did a little deal for Harker , It's always great to work with the old gang again.

The arrowhead picture , I've got bad news , we were moving about a month ago , I was going thru a bunch of stuff , and found the framed print ... It did not make the move.

You like endurance racing : I love endurance racing. We had a team that won the 24 @ Moroso back in the late 90's ... Nothing else quite like it ... you need to come down here and do some ChumpCar with our team. I'm with a group of guys that run an old frankenstein celica . It's not fast and it breaks alot , but we have a good time and we sometimes sneak up on the podium.

Very cool to see that your doing some SCCA / NASA ... Let me know how it goes

All the best ! Trey

Liked
    22 times

Check out 949 racing. Emilio and his friends that have been remarkable with Miatas and winning endurance races. They won the 24 hours of thunder hill in Nor Cal. I think they won with 5 cars in 5 classes in one race!

I would love to do another chump car event. Very fun group. I have run with them twice. Lemons 3 times, we broke the top 20 with fueling and pit troubles. That was in the E 30. I am still a big guy, but creative about seating arrangements. I will stay in touch and look forward to your vids here when you get the project done.
    Tom
    Corvette Specialty C6
    Life is like a race, the best times win!

Liked
    11 times

Default Waving you buy my right

Heya finally doing the intro as I have now acquired some seat time on track.

Name: Fernando
    Car: 01 Miata
    Track experience: Fastrack Motorcycle riding at Willow in the early/mid 90's. Always wanted to do the automobile as well and here I am. I did my first track on the Miata with Speed Ventures/Cali Speedway last week Nov 17 and now itching to do more and more and more!
    Id like to thank the members who have written some good tips on Autos and track information here. Good stuff thanks!

Attachment 5141

Attachment 5142
    Last edited by Deepdish; 11-24-2012 at 02:24 PM.

LongWinded National Champ Bueller's Avatar
    Liked
    168 times

Quote Originally Posted by Deepdish View Post
    Nice pic. Whats that thing thats nearly touching the ground? Maybe its just the angle of the pic and its actually not that close to the ground?
    Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

Liked
    11 times

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Nice pic. Whats that thing thats nearly touching the ground? Maybe its just the angle of the pic and its actually not that close to the ground?
    Its the dreaded one screw goes missing from plastic undertray disease.
    Funny thing I have shaken my head at other cars on the road for having this plastic flappy thing hanging and ruining its aesthetics.

LongWinded National Champ Bueller's Avatar
    Liked
    168 times

Quote Originally Posted by Deepdish View Post
    Its the dreaded one screw goes missing from plastic undertray disease.
    Funny thing I have shaken my head at other cars on the road for having this plastic flappy thing hanging and ruining its aesthetics.
    So thats a piece of your front undertray? Thought it was somewhere around your LR. I had the same issue when i used to have my OEM undertray, a part of it was missing some clip/screw and it would drag. Funny thing is i didnt know until a friend of mine told me while he was watching me drive on track. I think i have a pic or video clip of it somewhere. I drilled some extra holes and zip tied that mother.
    Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 65 FirstFirst ... 17 23 29 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 53 59 ... LastLast