+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15 21 27 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 51 57 63 ... LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: New Member Introductions

Liked
    2356 times

Welcome Chris. Nice images. I dig your WRX. My favorite year.

Liked
    1 times

Hey all! Redtopz refereed me to this forum and it seems like you all are the perfect place for a track junkie like me. So here we go

Name: Ross Miller
    Location: Sunny and always beautiful (ok, that could probably describe most of Socal) San Diego, By way of Washington D.C.
    About me: I'm a desk jockey by day that tends to like going fast and spending all my money doing so. My very car was a 2005 subaru sti, and within a year of having it I did my first HPDE. 2 years and well over 30 HPDE's later I started racing in nasa's 944 cup (like spec, just with different rules). I was rookie of the year and did well in 2007 while also starting to time attack, and started instructing. In 2008 I bought my corvette (for sale currently) and started racing for a performance shop called P-Tuning in northern Va. In 2010 I nearly stopped racing while trying to pursue my masters but I started working as an instructor for BSR (owners of summit point raceway) and was at the track a good amount. In 2012 I had the opportunity to move to San Diego and here I am! I'll always be a certifiable track junkie that loves to drive everything from miata's to ferrari's. I hope to meet some of you very soon.

Pictures:
    Me

Driving the P-Tuning Scion TC in 2008

Me teaching a student how to be a hooligan errr (delete.... delete..... delete) effectively recover from a skid

Liked
    2344 times

Hey Ross! Welcome aboard TrackHQ. Watch out for The Sheriff. It is totally OK and customary to give all the sh!t you can dish out to him.

And welcome to California.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    2356 times

Welcome, Ross. What track is that center shot from?

Liked
    450 times

I haven't introduced myself yet...

My name is Anthony and I live just North of Los Angeles. I bought a stock '91 miata about a year and a half ago and I have been taking it to the track ever since and upgrading as I go and learning a ton as I go. I feel it's been a pretty quick transition to get to the level of driving and mechanial knowledge I'm at now. I've been participating in the Miata Challenge with Speed Ventures and I'm hoping to get into NASA PTE racing as soon as I can get the funds together for a cage all the required safety gear. I've crewed a few times for 949 Racing at the endurance series events and I have started working at some Speed Ventures events so I recognize a lot of the names and cars I'm seeing on here. I'd love to get more and more involved with the racing industry and ideally make a career out of some aspect of it but I'm still young.

I don't spend a lot of money on event photos from the exterior of my car but here is a photo Mako captured of me earlier this year at Streets of Willow with me throwing up a smoke screen while trying to escape from Batman.
    Attachment 4831

I'm also a world class kickball player:
    Attachment 4832
    -Anthony
    1991 Miata - Trogdor SuperMiata
    2011 Ram 2500 - all the torque
    2016 Kawasaki Versys 650LT - commuter

Liked
    2356 times

Welcome to the madness, Anthony. We've met a couple of times at SV and the last NASA enduro at Buttonwillow. Two questions: What does b3d3g1 mean? And, is that a gilded keg under the kickball?

Liked
    450 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    What does b3d3g1 mean?
    b3d3g1 is just my last name with numbers instead of vowels (Bedegi) - a nerdy college thing that just never changed.

And, is that a gilded keg under the kickball?
    It sure is. It's the league championship trophy. A local bar might sponsor the kickball league. We might spend more time in the bar than playing kickball. And we might all have a drinking problem. I'm a little hazy on the details for some strange reason.
    -Anthony
    1991 Miata - Trogdor SuperMiata
    2011 Ram 2500 - all the torque
    2016 Kawasaki Versys 650LT - commuter

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    Watch out for The Sheriff. It is totally OK and customary to give all the sh!t you can dish out to him.
    I hereby disown you, pussyboy.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    2344 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    I hereby disown you, pussyboy.
    You must have been talking to my dad. That is his nickname for me.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    1 times

Welcome, Ross. What track is that center shot from?
    The roval at Nashville speedway (which is now closed IIRC). I believe that is from turn 5...

Liked
    0 times

hello TrackHQ! Here's a little bit about myself.

Name: Stephen (Steve, Steven, Steve-O) T.
    Hometown: Cypress, CA
    Occupation: manufacturing engineer at an aerospace/specialty fasteners company (Lisi Aerospace Monadnock)

Experience: Started tracking in April 2011. My goal is to go once a month, depending on time.
    Tracks experienced: 1) Horse Thief Mile, 2) Streets of Willow CCW, 3) Buttonwillow 13CW (favorite so far)

Car(s): 2011 Subaru STI 5-door (track and weekend fun machine), 1987 BMW 325is (daily beater, for now)
    STI: Swift Spec R Sport springs, 24f/22r swaybars, various bushings, Carbone Lorraine RC5+ brake pads, DBA 5000 front rotors, 245/40-18 Hankook Ventus R-S3 mounted on 18x8.5 Enkei RC-T4 (retiring wheels when tires are done), various bolt-on power parts (intake, 3 port, EL headers, 3" turboback exhaust system) that result to 315hp/353tq on Cobb Tuning SoCal's dyno (Accessport tuned).
    E30: for now, stock.

Buttonwillow:

E30:
    Last edited by Zzyzx85; 11-17-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Liked
    2 times

Default New Miata guy from Laguna Beach

Hey everyone!

My name is Tom, I'm a marine corps vet from Connecticut originally, and now I live in Laguna Beach. I found out about this forum through Emilio at 949Racing who has given me the opportunity to travel with his team, coordinate for his events, and even act as crewchief once or twice. So far my track experience is pretty limited but a fun story since my first track driving ever was in an E3 racecar during a wheel to wheel chump car event at buttonwillow. Sonny at 949Racing was cool enough to let me drive his car for two 60 minute sessions during the chump car race and I learned how easy it is to go farming at buttonwillow! I've done an autocross and lots of because-racecar driving on twisty roads in the wilderness, but I plan to expand my track resume very soon!

My car is a '96 mazda miata with a jackson racing supercharger, FMIC, and team dynamic 15x7's on 195 street tires. Its my daily and she probably wont become a racecar.

My bike is a 2002 GSXR600 with a full yoshimura system, power-commander, steel braided lines, and rcomps that have yet to see the track. I neglect this thing terribly, and currently trying to sell it or trade it for a practical daily gas saver.

I'm currently an auto-tech student at saddleback in mission viejo. Only a few units away from two of their automotive certificates as well as about 3 months of work experience away from an ASE certificate. Unfortunately I work at a crappy dead end job in a private gym here in Laguna Beach which is doomed to close down due to new land ownership as of October 1st, so on the verge of unemployed! Hopefully I can contribute something memorable to this community and learn a lot from you guys. I'm a complete open door and always seem to get along with just about anybody so feel free to get in touch about anything. I've got some build threads on various engine/head work and I love documenting the cooler projects that I handle.
    Last edited by EUNOS96; 08-15-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Liked
    116 times

Quote Originally Posted by EUNOS96 View Post
    Hey everyone!

My name is TOm, I'm a marine corps vet from Connecticut originally, and now I live in Laguna Beach. I found out about this forum through Emilio at 949Racing who has given me the opportunity to travel with his team, coordinate for his events, and even act as crewchief once or twice. So far my track experience is pretty limited but a fun story since my first track driving ever was in an E3 racecar during a wheel to wheel chump car event at buttonwillow. Sonny at 949Racing was cool enough to let me drive his car for two 60 minute sessions during the chump car race and I learned how easy it is to go farming at buttonwillow! I've done an autocross and lots of because-racecar driving on twisty roads in the wilderness, but I plan to expand my track resume very soon!

My car is a '96 mazda miata with a jackson racing supercharger, FMIC, and team dynamic 15x7's on 195 street tires. Its my daily and she probably wont become a racecar.

My bike is a 2002 GSXR600 with a full yoshimura system, power-commander, steel braided lines, and rcomps that have yet to see the track. I neglect this thing terribly, and currently trying to sell it or trade it for a practical daily gas saver.

I'm currently an auto-tech student at saddleback in mission viejo. Only a few units away from two of their automotive certificates as well as about 3 months of work experience away from an ASE certificate. Unfortunately I work at a crappy dead end job in a private gym here in Laguna Beach which is doomed to close down due to new land ownership as of October 1st, so on the verge of unemployed! Hopefully I can contribute something memorable to this community and learn a lot from you guys. I'm a complete open door and always seem to get along with just about anybody so feel free to get in touch about anything. I've got some build threads on various engine/head work and I love documenting the cooler projects that I handle.

YOU LIE!!!!

Now, lets go get ourselves some Chick-fil-a...

Nice to see you on here finally.

Liked
    2 times

I know, very over due!

Liked
    2356 times

Great a certified auto technician who can call BS or help with technical discussions. Welcome Tom. And Stehpen. Zzyzx Road is my favorite freeway exit of all time!

Liked
    70 times

Quote Originally Posted by EUNOS96 View Post
    Hey everyone!

My name is Tom, I'm a marine corps vet from Connecticut originally, and now I live in Laguna Beach. I found out about this forum through Emilio at 949Racing who has given me the opportunity to travel with his team, coordinate for his events, and even act as crewchief once or twice. So far my track experience is pretty limited but a fun story since my first track driving ever was in an E3 racecar during a wheel to wheel chump car event at buttonwillow. Sonny at 949Racing was cool enough to let me drive his car for two 60 minute sessions during the chump car race and I learned how easy it is to go farming at buttonwillow! I've done an autocross and lots of because-racecar driving on twisty roads in the wilderness, but I plan to expand my track resume very soon!

nice to see you here tom.. welcome to the club. its about time you joined. is 949 rolling out to SOW this weekend? It's Kevin the asian guy btw
    -Kevin M.

2010 Subaru WRX

Liked
    887 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    You must have been talking to my dad. That is his nickname for me.
    "Great minds think alike."

Liked
    10 times

Realized I didn't do the intro bit so here it goes...

Norman here, I live in Singapore where BRZ's now cost 145K USD O.o Had a little venture as a partner in a small JDM aftermarket parts company and got my own GC8 a short while later. Never tracked the GC8 (spent a bit of time doing the midnight touge thing lol) but when I got my S2000 in 2007, was really hooked on tracking. My new baby son, wife and job take up most of my time so I don't get to track all that much but I still try my best to make a 300km trip to Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia as often as I can. I'm no engineer but I like to try out the little technical bits and bobs of driving or aspects of car modification when budget and time allow.

Do hope to do some time attack events to get a feel of it and perhaps get a podium or two when I get back to being familiar with the current setup as I've been away from the tracks for about 1.5 years now.

I do some writing when possible about the car as I feel that the s2ki.com community has given alot to me in terms of help and hope that this blog can help other S owners know a little bit more about necessary maintenance or even modification related issues. It also helps me track my progress of learning as a driver. I did use to contribute to s2ki.com as an editor but have recently been unable to contribute much due to a crazy family and work schedule.

Racing with my S2000

Here's my ride in its current iteration:

Attachment 4879

Attachment 4880
    Last edited by c32b; 08-16-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    Rediscovering my love for the racetrack.

http://racings2000.blogspot.com/

Liked
    2356 times

TrackHQ.com: Bringing car guys of the world together, one post at a time. Welcome, Norman.

Liked
    10 times

TrackHQ.com: Bringing car guys of the world together, one post at a time. Welcome, Norman.
    Thanks brett
    Rediscovering my love for the racetrack.

http://racings2000.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15 21 27 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 51 57 63 ... LastLast