+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11 17 23 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 47 53 59 ... LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: New Member Introductions

Liked
    2356 times

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoracer View Post
    Emilio said I'm not cool unless I start hanging out here more...

Congratulations. Now you're cool.

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2589 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Congratulations. Now you're cool.
    He was cool before that, just hanging out on the wrong (Vtec just kicked in yo) forums.

Welcome to THQ Frank. Now get your W2W license.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    0 times

Name: Ping
    Home: Monterey Park
    Car: 2007 Acura CSX Type S
    Track Experience: HPDE and Open testing @ Buttonwillow 10 times. Run Sentul International Circuit many times...
    Favorite Track: Sepang International Circuit

Liked
    0 times

Default Hello

Ok, I guess I should have done this first.
    Most of my experience is in motorcycles. Been getting into karting also. Taken my S2000 to the track only once, but lost count how many times I've taken my bikes to the track. Only been to the SoCal tracks, as of now Fontana's my favorite.
    Bikes: 02' Yamaha R1, 03 CBR 600rr, 07 GSX-R 750
    Cars: 06 Honda S2000, BMW 335i

Attachment 4376Attachment 4377

Liked
    4 times

Evidence of my past track whore status:

Some statistics about Frank’s Driving Experience on road courses
    2007 stat: 19 days on track, 13 days instructing & counting
    2006 stat: 17 days on track, 14 days instructing
    2005 stat: 27 days on track, 20 days instructing
    2004 stat: 12 days total on track, 10 days instructing
    2003 stat: 49 days total on track, 42 days instructing
    2002 stat: 62 days total on track, 60 days instructing
    2001 stat: 12 days total on track, 5 days instructing
    2000 stat: 2 days on track total, 1 day instructing
    1999 stat: 1 day on track
    1998 stat: 2 days on track
    1997 stat: 8 days on track
    1996 stat: 7 days on track
    Total track days: 218 days
    Total track days instructing (first event instructing 7/2000): 163 days

BeaverRun: 2 days
    Buttonwillow: 36 days
    California Speedway: 9 days
    Firebird Road Course: 2 days
    Phoenix International Raceway: 2 days
    Laguna Seca: 25 days
    Mid-Ohio: 4 days
    Sears Point/Infineon: 32 days
    Spring Mountain/Pahrump: 2 days
    Streets of Willows: 23 days
    Thunderhill: 45 days
    Willow Springs: 27 days
    http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...g-civic-75.gif
    Yes, I'm the flying Chinaman!
    N1 Concepts 2012 | AKMEE Motors 2012 | AKMEE Engineering 2004 | G.SPEED Racing 1995
    My Bizarre and Twisted Reality Blog is Back! http://ghettoracer.wordpress.com

RON PAUL FTW

Liked
    1485 times

^^^2002 is very impressive. Most track days I have done in a year is 50. But in total I have you beat. Don't know exact count but over 250 for sure and probably pushing 300. Days instructing: 0, and proud of it.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    2344 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Days instructing: 0, and proud of it.
    We learn by your example Sheriff.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    We learn by your example Sheriff.
    I actually got roped into leading some lead-follow sessions at a few OTR events, but I really try to avoid getting into the passenger seat of a n00b's 600 hp rocket with no rollover protection and OEM 3-point belts.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    116 times

Hi Guys,

My name is Manny. I'm from Socal and I dont really drive, but i hang out and spend a lot of time with drivers. I've been on here for some time, i never got around to joining, because i never posted, or even felt like i needed to. I joined and have always lurked to realize i never really log in.

I've been crewing for team 949Racing as the head fueler for the last year or so, and i've met quite a few people on here in person. I'm always trying to help out, and spend a lot of time in the paddock. i get the most satisfaction out of helping keep the car on the track and being a part of the racing process. Driving isn't my passion and i never really got bit by the driving bug. Driving wise, i am complete newb, i have only done one track day at Streets of willow a few years back, and have spent a good amount of time at Adams go kart track in Riverside. I have a 99 miata that is always broken, and i typically get my seat time from driving someone else's cars.

I've been to every major track in California with the exception of Infineon. But i will be there with the 949Racing effort in the next coming weeks.

I had just realized i've never really posted here and wanted to introduce myself.

Here are some pics of my car.

And yeah i know it's kinda low, only 3in pinch to floor, but way long past that phase in my life...

Liked
    2528 times

welcome, Manny !!!
    without him, we wouldn't of won T25 !!
    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350R
    03 Miata Club Sport
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S
    Beck 550 Spyder

Liked
    116 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    welcome, Manny !!!
    without him, we wouldn't of won T25 !!
    Thanks William! I'm just happy to be part of the racing effort.

Liked
    4 times

^^^2002 is very impressive. Most track days I have done in a year is 50. But in total I have you beat. Don't know exact count but over 250 for sure and probably pushing 300. Days instructing: 0, and proud of it.
    all the days i instructed = free track days. :-) that's how i got tons of seat time with out spending moola.
    Last edited by ghettoracer; 03-01-2012 at 06:38 PM.
    N1 Concepts 2012 | AKMEE Motors 2012 | AKMEE Engineering 2004 | G.SPEED Racing 1995

RON PAUL FTW

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoracer View Post
    all the days i instructed = free track days. :-) that's how i get tons of seat time with out spending moola.
    Professional race car driving instructor = I get free track time at HPDE events for instructing.

Liked
    4 times

Professional race car driving instructor = I get free track time at HPDE events for instructing.
    naw i don't call my self a pro race car driving instructor in the past. i just call it instructor whoring. a pro would mean getting paid. this year from now on i'm charging people for my service. $2 a minute basic rate for instruction. might not seem cheap bug it's a lot cheaper than them crashing or damaging their car. if they don't see the value, i have better things to do with my time.

RON PAUL FTW

Liked
    0 times

OK --- --- I'm going out on a limb here and say that I'm a really old dude compared to a lot of you -- I had a lot of track time at Riverside (RIR) and Ontario (OMS) in the way, way back and at a lot of the current "old" tracks. I had a Mustang and drove the piss out of it for a few years. Got out of it for about a hundred years and then built me a little giant killer to abuse people with.

In case you don't know what it is, it is a 1960 Fiat 600 with a ton of ABARTH work done to it, but instead of a Fiat engine I put a Turbo'd ACVW engine in it rated at about 300 HP and at 1650 pounds wet, it was a ton of fun and the C-6 Corvettes hated me

I ended up drag racing it more than road racing and as you can see that was fun too.

But as luck would have it, and in a weak moment, somebody offered me a boat load of money for it and I sold it. I'm currently putting together a 1970 VW Karma Ghia that will have a 3 liter ACVW and turbo'd engine in it. But before I come out to play, I'm planning on taking it to Bonniville for the WOS in September and trying to put it into the 150 mph street car class. I'm having trouble of finding gearing for the Porsche transaxle to carry the speeds without over reving the engine. The car has gone 138 mph with only 185 RWHP and this new engine is easily double that. Nice to be here guys look forward to seeing you in the future.

Oh as a little tid-bit -- I was the constuction superintendent on the building of the road course at Fontana.
    Last edited by Fiatdude; 04-09-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Who the F Likes Volvos? scottyd's Avatar
    San Luis Obispo, California, United States
    Liked
    0 times

You've got rocks for brains. Welcome!!
    The DD '97 GMC K2500 Suburban 6.5TD PooBrown
    The Race Car '84 Volvo 245GLT JewBlack
    The Lemons Car '92 Volvo 245DL PastyWhite

Liked
    4 times

wow sweet Fiat 600. what was best et/mph?? too bad you sold it. somebody got lucky.

RON PAUL FTW

Liked
    2356 times

So, your extra long tailpipe doubles as a wheelie bar, right?

Welcome.

Liked
    5 times

I joined a while back but after searching I guess I never posted an introduction thread.

Name: Chris
    Home: San Antonio, TX
    Car: 2000 Miata (track), 2006 S2000 (autox)
    Track Experience: Mazda Raceway Harris Hill, Texas World Speedway, Motorsports Ranch (Cresson and Houston), Hallett.
    Favorite Track: Laguna Seca, I haven't driven it or been there in person but I will some day.

2000 Miata (track)

2006 S2000 (autox)

- Chris L -
    2000 Miata
    www.RoadsterRacing.com

Liked
    0 times

Hello all i was told by oli i wasnt cool unless i was on trackhq so here i am!

Name: Jeremy McGrath
    Home: San Diego, CA
    Car: 1990 miata track car(fullcage, full exhaust headers back, 15x9 6uls and coilovers) and a 2004 ford focus svt daily driver.
    Experience: A year of autox and now 3 track days all three have been at streets of willow so far.
    Most feared track: Horse Theif Mile

Hey guys i went to my first track day in january of 2012 and i am now hooked. i dont want anything else but to be at the track as much as possible. when im not working on my miata i wrap cars for my dads business allprostickers. if you have seen olis car we wrapped that! i am new to the whole track scene but cant wait to get out more to some new tracks!

i dont have any pictures of my car on track yet but here are a few from the last auto x event i went to with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11 17 23 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 47 53 59 ... LastLast