+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10 16 22 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 46 52 58 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 1303
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: New Member Introductions

  1. #661
    Senior Member Johnny_Se7en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Orange Curtain
    Posts
    1,198
    Liked
    145 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slave4Metal View Post
    ...a person who has a track-built/track-ready car, but never uses it for its intended purpose; never maximizing function of its setup.
    Majority will drive erratically on the streets, most likely adding to unwanted statistics, including, but not limited to, illegal street racing and its often-dire consequences.
    I know a few people like that, they don't want to spend the money for a track day yet they will dump money in to their cars and ask do I want to go for a "drive". With a ticket in California costing around $500.00 it's cheaper to go to the track.
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

  2. #662
    BMW Master bawareca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    1,771
    Liked
    693 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Se7en View Post
    I know a few people like that, they don't want to spend the money for a track day yet they will dump money in to their cars and ask do I want to go for a "drive". With a ticket in California costing around $500.00 it's cheaper to go to the track.
    Actually the ticket may cost much more in long term,not even mention it may cost you the ride.With my natural affinity to the street racing I know that even 200 hp will get me to the ticket sooner than later,so I made my decisions.

  3. #663
    Administrator ucfbrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ventura, Calif.
    Posts
    5,639
    Liked
    2356 times

    Default

    Since I started going to the track, I have noticed that I rarely speed on the street anymore. I just has no appeal.

  4. #664
    Chest hair required Olitho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,236
    Liked
    2344 times

    Default

    It is the famous McCready! Welcome aboard. It is good to have a driver with such talent and experience join us at TrackHQ. Let me tell you about a few rules.
    1. Your first and most important job is to give as much crap as you can to The Sheriff. It works better if you are not a liberal.
    2. When out on track, you must always communicate with corner workers only using gestures in the Sheriff's officially approved sign language handbook.
    3. You must not be politically correct in any of your postings. That is frowned upon by all, but mostlyThe Sheriff.
    4. Since you now drive a Miata you must go to that other specially created thread and declare your sexual orientation.
    5. Have fun.

    Oli
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

  5. #665
    Senior Member robburgoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,008
    Liked
    1495 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    4. Since you now drive a Miata you must go to that other specially created thread and declare your sexual orientation.
    Petrolsexual

  6. #666
    Senior Member katc10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    134
    Liked
    1 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slave4Metal View Post
    ...a person who has a track-built/track-ready car, but never uses it for its intended purpose; never maximizing function of its setup.
    Majority will drive erratically on the streets, most likely adding to unwanted statistics, including, but not limited to, illegal street racing and its often-dire consequences.
    Ooh, new vocabulary words, they should have their own thread!


    Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Since I started going to the track, I have noticed that I rarely speed on the street anymore. I just has no appeal.
    I have been devoid of tickets since I began my on-track career, save for one ticket in a 26' moving van whilst attempting to save downhill speed in order to reach the top of the following hill at more than 15mph... Thank you VA state police.


    Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    It is the famous McCready! Welcome aboard. It is good to have a driver with such talent and experience join us at TrackHQ. Let me tell you about a few rules.
    1. Your first and most important job is to give as much crap as you can to The Sheriff. It works better if you are not a liberal.
    2. When out on track, you must always communicate with corner workers only using gestures in the Sheriff's officially approved sign language handbook.
    3. You must not be politically correct in any of your postings. That is frowned upon by all, but mostlyThe Sheriff.
    4. Since you now drive a Miata you must go to that other specially created thread and declare your sexual orientation.
    5. Have fun.

    Oli
    Can someone point me to this handbook Oli speaks of? Sounds like a good read!

  7. #667
    dirty smack talker hakeem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,077
    Liked
    977 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gkmccready View Post
    Glen McCready. Canadian. Cars, ice hockey and computers keep me entertained. Living in Redwood City, CA.

    Prepping an '87 RX7 TurboII for NASA ST1/SU & SCCA ITE. Prepping a '91 Miata for NASA PT (and whatever it falls in to in SCCA?). Well, honestly, TC Design is prepping -- and the RX7 lost a motor on the dyno so Haag Performance is build it a new one, hence the quick Miata built. '06 Corvette is retired from track duty after eating its LS2 from too many days at Thunderhill -- putting it back to stock with the other cars finally coming together. '01 Tahoe for a tow vehicle. Currently trailerless. Had a Pro7 for a few HPDE events back in 2000 at Sears Point and Laguna Seca. A bunch of events at Thunderhill in the Corvette.

    I autox'd the '87 RX7, an '82 RX7, '92 Civic Si & '90 Civic DX back in Canada. CASC-OR class championship. Multiple MCO class championships. Track days at Shannonville. Crewed for an FF1600 team, that also ran dirt/oval/ice in first gen RX7s, Datsun 510s, and 240SXs at various times.

    2012 plan is to get a NASA Competition License (March 10th in the Miata!) and campaign the Miata &| RX7 as much as time and money permit.
    Welcome Glen! I also had an 87 RX7 that was an SU car (running a 20B). I have alot of experience with the cars at these power levels if you want any thoughts!

  8. #668
    Chest hair required Olitho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,236
    Liked
    2344 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katc10 View Post

    Can someone point me to this handbook Oli speaks of? Sounds like a good read!
    Well the Sheriff likes things really short... you know, like race reports and the other things really intimate in his life....

    So his handbook of gestures is really short, too. In fact it is really only one gesture. It is for point-bys and communicating with corner workers.

    At the risk of violating his copyright I will post it here for you nubees:

    Attachment 4351

    Don't sue me Richard for using your copyrighted material.
    Last edited by Olitho; 02-20-2012 at 11:15 AM.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

  9. #669
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,987
    Liked
    1485 times

    Default

    ^^^That's a metrosexual's hand, not mine, which is much more manly. Manly as a cow.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

    2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

  10. #670
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,987
    Liked
    1485 times

    Default

    I am honored that you consider me so important.

    Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    It is the famous McCready! Welcome aboard. It is good to have a driver with such talent and experience join us at TrackHQ. Let me tell you about a few rules.
    1. Your first and most important job is to give as much crap as you can to The Sheriff. It works better if you are not a liberal.
    2. When out on track, you must always communicate with corner workers only using gestures in the Sheriff's officially approved sign language handbook.
    3. You must not be politically correct in any of your postings. That is frowned upon by all, but mostlyThe Sheriff.
    4. Since you now drive a Miata you must go to that other specially created thread and declare your sexual orientation.
    5. Have fun.

    Oli
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

    2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

  11. #671
    RaceTape Ninja Force McCocken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Roswell, GA
    Posts
    1,545
    Liked
    807 times

    Default

    New to site, old to racing. HPDEs, SCCA ITA, SM, rallycross, Club rally, and stuff.

  12. #672
    Administrator ucfbrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ventura, Calif.
    Posts
    5,639
    Liked
    2356 times

    Default

    ^^ I'm sure you'll get along fine here.

  13. #673
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,987
    Liked
    1485 times

    Default

    With that screen name and avatar, he fits right in.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

    2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

  14. #674
    RaceTape Ninja Force McCocken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Roswell, GA
    Posts
    1,545
    Liked
    807 times

    Default

    I know a few people on here, I think we'll all get along swimmingly.

    Oh, i also have crew experinece, mostly enduance racing with Grand Am and NASA.

  15. #675
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times

    Default

    Hi guys Im sure I have met a few of you over the years, as I go by M3This on EvoM, and the BMW and Mini forums.

    My past experience is mostly running at Speed Venture events and some Redline Stuff locally here in Vegas.

    I came to the forum after googling Thunder Roadsters as I wanted to read up on them since I was looking at possibly picking up another track car.

  16. #676
    Chest hair required Olitho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,236
    Liked
    2344 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Sirk View Post
    Hi guys Im sure I have met a few of you over the years, as I go by M3This on EvoM, and the BMW and Mini forums.

    My past experience is mostly running at Speed Venture events and some Redline Stuff locally here in Vegas.

    I came to the forum after googling Thunder Roadsters as I wanted to read up on them since I was looking at possibly picking up another track car.
    You should get a T1 Corvette!


    Oli
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

  17. #677
    Senior Member Johnny_Se7en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Orange Curtain
    Posts
    1,198
    Liked
    145 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    You should get a T1 Corvette!


    Oli
    Classic Oli, the C5 Z06 is pretty awesome.
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

  18. #678
    Administrator ucfbrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ventura, Calif.
    Posts
    5,639
    Liked
    2356 times

    Default

    This is the point where someone chimes in touting the features and benefits of racing a Miata.

    <-----------------

  19. #679
    Who the F Likes Volvos? scottyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, California, United States
    Posts
    96
    Liked
    0 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    This is the point where someone chimes in touting the features and benefits of racing a Miata.
    Haven't seen one yet.
    The DD '97 GMC K2500 Suburban 6.5TD PooBrown
    The Race Car '84 Volvo 245GLT JewBlack
    The Lemons Car '92 Volvo 245DL PastyWhite

  20. #680
    Member ghettoracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    land of happy motoring
    Posts
    60
    Liked
    4 times

    Default

    Emilio said I'm not cool unless I start hanging out here more...
    http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...g-civic-75.gif
    Yes, I'm the flying Chinaman!
    N1 Concepts 2012 | AKMEE Motors 2012 | AKMEE Engineering 2004 | G.SPEED Racing 1995
    My Bizarre and Twisted Reality Blog is Back! http://ghettoracer.wordpress.com

    RON PAUL FTW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10 16 22 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 46 52 58 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts