+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9 15 21 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 45 51 57 ... LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: New Member Introductions

Liked
    2356 times

^^ I think you're forgetting katc10, Rob.

Liked
    1495 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Ahh yes. SECOND! And perhaps only currently active since she only pokes around on rare occasion these days.

Liked
    1485 times

+1. And shame on you Rob, since I'm pretty sure you know her personally. She used to track a black RX-8 a lot in SoCal, before she moved to Florida (I think).
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    1495 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    +1. And shame on you Rob, since I'm pretty sure you know her personally. She used to track a black RX-8 a lot in SoCal, before she moved to Florida (I think).
    Yeah, I'm blowing it. Forgot about Michelle from W Motorsports as well. Still, only 3

Liked
    1485 times

Maybe we need a female track driver outreach program. You could spearhead that since, as you never forget to remind us, you are "sexy."

Where are Kelly Persson (sp?), Jeanine (Craig H.'s wife), what's her name with the orange Elise (sorry I'm so bad with names), what's her name who races in SM (sorry again), etc. etc. After all, about 5% of HPDE drivers are female, but the membership here is 99.9% male.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    1495 times

Maybe we need a female track driver outreach program. You could spearhead that since, as you never forget to remind us, you are "sexy."

Where are Kelly Persson (sp?), Jeanine (Craig H.'s wife), what's her name with the orange Elise (sorry I'm so bad with names), what's her name who races in SM (sorry again), etc. etc. After all, about 5% of HPDE drivers are female, but the membership here is 99.9% male.
    My platypus avatar clearly has high self esteem.

Liked
    765 times

She lives in PA and IIRC, recently bought a Miata.

I think Rob got a little excited because the new female lives close - ish to him.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    4 times

haha, we're few and far between, but we're out there!

Liked
    1485 times

And hot too = Slave4Metal and Playing with Matches!!!

Liked
    977 times

I think I did the SCCA school in 2005 with the 'female track driver' who races in SM. I forget her name though.

Liked
    2344 times

Quote Originally Posted by hakeem View Post
    I think I did the SCCA school in 2005 with the 'female track driver' who races in SM. I forget her name though.
    Angela.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    977 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    Angela.
    That's right. I feel like I am getting old...until I come here.

Liked
    1 times

Aw, thanks for remembering me guys!!

As part of the .1%, I'd like to welcome Slave4Metal from a fellow female. My DD is a WRX so I'm happy to welcome another Subie to the forum!

As you'll come to find out, we break all the stereotypes here, as (most) of the gents here with Miatas, as well as I (female) with the Subaru (and Miata), are non-stereotypically of the non-gay variety.

Liked
    4 times

^...is there a hidden peculiarity with miata owners I am currently unaware of? haha

Thanks for the welcome! I'm very glad to have been turned onto this site by a fellow Subaru-owning [and "pwning"] track junkie (he's officially my unofficial tire guy). I'm liking the crowd!
    Seems the standard vehicle-related forums are becoming home to hard-parkers, and those enthusiasts not so enthusiastic about real driving. lol

Hoping to learn a lot more here, and partake in more serious track-talk.
    Last edited by Slave4Metal; 02-19-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Liked
    28 times

Glen McCready. Canadian. Cars, ice hockey and computers keep me entertained. Living in Redwood City, CA.

Prepping an '87 RX7 TurboII for NASA ST1/SU & SCCA ITE. Prepping a '91 Miata for NASA PT (and whatever it falls in to in SCCA?). Well, honestly, TC Design is prepping -- and the RX7 lost a motor on the dyno so Haag Performance is build it a new one, hence the quick Miata built. '06 Corvette is retired from track duty after eating its LS2 from too many days at Thunderhill -- putting it back to stock with the other cars finally coming together. '01 Tahoe for a tow vehicle. Currently trailerless. Had a Pro7 for a few HPDE events back in 2000 at Sears Point and Laguna Seca. A bunch of events at Thunderhill in the Corvette.

I autox'd the '87 RX7, an '82 RX7, '92 Civic Si & '90 Civic DX back in Canada. CASC-OR class championship. Multiple MCO class championships. Track days at Shannonville. Crewed for an FF1600 team, that also ran dirt/oval/ice in first gen RX7s, Datsun 510s, and 240SXs at various times.

2012 plan is to get a NASA Competition License (March 10th in the Miata!) and campaign the Miata &| RX7 as much as time and money permit.

Liked
    1495 times

Quote Originally Posted by gkmccready View Post
    Glen McCready. Canadian. Cars, ice hockey and computers keep me entertained. Living in Redwood City, CA.

Prepping an '87 RX7 TurboII for NASA ST1/SU & SCCA ITE. Prepping a '91 Miata for NASA PT (and whatever it falls in to in SCCA?). Well, honestly, TC Design is prepping -- and the RX7 lost a motor on the dyno so Haag Performance is build it a new one, hence the quick Miata built. '06 Corvette is retired from track duty after eating its LS2 from too many days at Thunderhill -- putting it back to stock with the other cars finally coming together. '01 Tahoe for a tow vehicle. Currently trailerless. Had a Pro7 for a few HPDE events back in 2000 at Sears Point and Laguna Seca. A bunch of events at Thunderhill in the Corvette.

I autox'd the '87 RX7, an '82 RX7, '92 Civic Si & '90 Civic DX back in Canada. CASC-OR class championship. Multiple MCO class championships. Track days at Shannonville. Crewed for an FF1600 team, that also ran dirt/oval/ice in first gen RX7s, Datsun 510s, and 240SXs at various times.

2012 plan is to get a NASA Competition License (March 10th in the Miata!) and campaign the Miata &| RX7 as much as time and money permit.
    Oh snap, it's the famous Glen from corvetteforum! Welcome!

Liked
    2356 times

Quote Originally Posted by Slave4Metal View Post
    ^...is there a hidden peculiarity with miata owners I am currently unaware of? haha

Thanks for the welcome! I'm very glad to have been turned onto this site by a fellow Subaru-owning [and "pwning"] track junkie (he's officially my unofficial tire guy). I'm liking the crowd!
    Seems the standard vehicle-related forums are becoming home to hard-parkers, and those enthusiasts not so enthusiastic about real driving. lol

Hoping to learn a lot more here, and partake in more serious track-talk.

What is a hard-parker?

Liked
    28 times

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post
    Oh snap, it's the famous Glen from corvetteforum! Welcome!
    Uh oh. Famous? I'm looking forward to running cars with a lower consumables cost! Assuming the RX7 can keep a motor in it, anyway. ;-) Hoping the RX7 will be C6 fast given the pwr/wt. Hoping the Miata is super-reliable for when other things aren't... yes, at the end of 2011 I lost both the C6 motor and the RX7 motor. :-( GM stepped up and helped with the C6 stuff under GMPP, though!

Anybody looking for a "Corvette track car in a box"? I'm pulling the DRM/Ron Davis radiator, DRM Bilstein Coilovers, Wilwood SL6R (w/ thermolocks!) front brakes, HardbarUSA harness bar & mounts (x2), NIB Hardbar seat rails, Pfadt Pfatty sways (original style, with pillowblocks and "quiet" endlinks), and I have the magic Pfadt C6 airbag/seat module box (NIB). I probably have more as I get through stuff... might part with the CCW C140s 18x10+18x11 (with Toyo 275+305). Pfadt motor and tranny mounts when I get that far along.

Plus I have a HardDog rollbar and a strut tower brace from the Miata that I no longer need. Pretty sure I saw some 1st gen RX7 Hawk Blues outside, too...

Liked
    1485 times

Welcome! It's refreshing that a Corvette owner is racing Mazdas (besides Rob). Most of our Corvette Challege buddies hold their noses at the sight of a Mazda.

Quote Originally Posted by gkmccready View Post

Liked
    4 times

What is a hard-parker?
    ...a person who has a track-built/track-ready car, but never uses it for its intended purpose; never maximizing function of its setup.
    Majority will drive erratically on the streets, most likely adding to unwanted statistics, including, but not limited to, illegal street racing and its often-dire consequences.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9 15 21 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 45 51 57 ... LastLast