+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7 13 19 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 43 49 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: New Member Introductions

Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Liked
    817 times

Quote Originally Posted by mlk_f1 View Post
    Welcome Seth,
    the answer is "oversteer". As long as you have those nine letters in order, the forum software will grant you access. So say if you type in "oversteerYouMoFo" it will take it. sorry if you were a little frustrated by that. The extra security step really helped to prevent spam human and bots.
    God help me I LOLed. I understand about the need for human verification. Spam bot apocalypse is a real issue that people do not take seriously, but should. I am glad I now have your full trust that i am, in fact, a genuine human. Beep boop beep.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    34 times

Quote Originally Posted by Red_5 View Post
    Now that's funny, welcome. I guess I signed up before the questions got too hard.
    Really? its not that hard is it? I have this other one that i used to rotate with. (In one word, what are these three words describing? "Turn-in, Apex, Track Out") Is this hard too? But imo you don't want to make the question too easy where a human spammer that is not involved in the sport can easily breach. Also this can be like an initiation for the new members as well. answering a not too easy question will make them feel they belong. Good example above. haha Well, its not up to me to say. Brett can decide if they need to be change now.

Liked
    765 times

Really? its not that hard is it? I have this other one that i used to rotate with. (In one word, what are these three words describing? "Turn-in, Apex, Track Out") Is this hard too? But imo you don't want to make the question too easy where a human spammer that is not involved in the sport can easily breach. Also this can be like an initiation for the new members as well. answering a not too easy question will make them feel they belong. Good example above. haha Well, its not up to me to say. Brett can decide if they need to be change now.
    I was kidding and being nice to the newb. I didnt want Burgoon to scare him off. It's not a difficult question.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    34 times

oh sorry that did not come thru. BTW, i dont think Rob is scaring Seth at all. He was just quoting what Seth said in his intro post. that was funny stuff.

Liked
    765 times

oh sorry that did not come thru. BTW, i dont think Rob is scaring Seth at all. He was just quoting what Seth said in his intro post. that was funny stuff.
    I laughed too but we all know Burgoon. Of course if Seth is thin skinned, he won't last here anyway.

The emoticons are limited on my phone without opening another page so I don't often use them.

Liked
    817 times

No, it's fine. I assure you I took some artistic liberty with my story. For example, your web site absolutely did not ridicule me after every failed attempt. The rest is true
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    2528 times

May be thats is why we have 22 members, but 76 guests right at this moment.
    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350R
    03 Miata Club Sport
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S
    Beck 550 Spyder

Liked
    1 times

Haha, welcome Seth! Enjoy your time here, it's the best entertainment you can find!
    Plus the awesome emoticons make time on other forums seem shallow and pedantic, thanks for that Manly!

Liked
    2356 times

Welcome SDSUSnowboards. Your apparent sense of humor will help you immensely on this forum. It seems you even know the appropriate emoticons to use.

Even I'm still learning them, and I'm still not sure what this conveys.

Liked
    765 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Doesn't that mean that you agree with William? Or "as William would say"?

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Welcome SDSUSnowboards. Your apparent sense of humor will help you immensely on this forum. It seems you even know the appropriate emoticons to use.

Seth -

Just watch out for the cranky old man (TrackDayHookey). He is a terror on track and on the forum.

Brett -

means whatever I intend it to mean. That's for you to figure out. It originally referred to William's ghey Hello Kitty Spec Miata, but he was so embarrassed that he sold it. By the way, I can't use smileys in a quick reply. Can you fix that?
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    2356 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Seth -

Just watch out for the cranky old man (TrackDayHookey). He is a terror on track and on the forum.

Brett -

means whatever I intend it to mean. That's for you to figure out. It originally referred to William's ghey Hello Kitty Spec Miata, but he was so embarrassed that he sold it. By the way, I can't use smileys in a quick reply. Can you fix that?

You mean ... Hello Kitty doesn't have a universal definition we all know?

I can't use smileys in a quick reply either, and I don't see anything in the control panel that'll change it. I have to go advanced, too.

Liked
    1495 times

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUsnowboards View Post
    For example, your web site absolutely did not ridicule me after every failed attempt.
    It's a feature the site is for the worse without. We'll tell our senior web lackey will get right on it.

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post
    It's a feature the site is for the worse without. We'll tell our senior web lackey will get right on it.
    "You tiny-brained wiper of other people's bottoms . . ."

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    817 times

Seth -

Brett -
    Oh my... TrackDayHookey is an... unfortunate screen name to be born with. Parents can be so cruel. I mean, normal people have prostitutes. Truck drivers have lot lizards. Race car drivers have track day hook-- well, you know what I mean.

Now I'm in for it.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    2356 times

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUsnowboards View Post
    Oh my... TrackDayHookey is an... unfortunate screen name to be born with. Parents can be so cruel. I mean, normal people have prostitutes. Truck drivers have lot lizards. Race car drivers have track day hook-- well, you know what I mean.

Now I'm in for it.
    You seem to be right at home.

Liked
    2528 times

Seth -

Brett -

means whatever I intend it to mean. That's for you to figure out. It originally referred to William's ghey Hello Kitty Spec Miata, but he was so embarrassed that he sold it.
    Hello Kitty was bought by cranky old man himself... not sure you knew or if this was a coincidence.....
    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350R
    03 Miata Club Sport
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S
    Beck 550 Spyder

Liked
    977 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    Hello Kitty was bought by cranky old man himself... not sure you knew or if this was a coincidence.....
    I didn't know you had sold it!

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    No, I didn't know that. What's he going to do with it, torture it in a giant microwave oven?

Liked
    16 times

Name: George
    Home: San fernando valley
    Car: 99 miata, 90 miata
    Experience: HPDEs at WSIR, SOW, Horse thief
    Most feared track: WSIR
    Favorite track: sow ccw

i just started tracking earlier this year after i bought my gf a miata. Lets just say after i started modding it, it slowly became my miata. What do you do for a living? Im the superman mechanic at six flags magic mountain but use to work for a Ford dealership as a service tech. Ive owned everything from a turbo cobra, turbo lightning, 3 supercharged lightnings, 2 ls1 gto's, ls1 mustang and a 750 ft lb tq powerstroke. I must admit the miatas are by far the funnest cars ive ever owned. Here are some pics from work and old cars.

top of sm

the ls1 mustang

sorry for all the pics, im a picture whore!
    99 miata-tein flex, RB sway bars
    streets cw 1:27.1
    Streets ccw 1:27.8
    Htm cw 1:01.8
    big willow 1:34.6
    Bw13 cw 2:00.8

2006 miata daily
    Big willow 1:35.08

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7 13 19 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 43 49 55 ... LastLast