+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6 12 18 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 42 48 54 ... LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: New Member Introductions

Liked
    1495 times

Hah, trackhq's double apex bowl artwork is the 2nd most famous ms-paint picture here.

Liked
    34 times

^what is the most famous picture then? Is it the one with Richard at the BW Gumball 3000 event? lol

Welcome Steve. Glad i can help with that line. I learned it from Jeremy Croiset. He's a member here but haven't seen him login for awhile. For those that don;t know Jeremy, he was the winner of the TV show called Setup on Speed TV for its inaugural year.

Liked
    1495 times

#1 ms-paint picture is the map of Willow Springs with horse thief mile as a scribble.

Liked
    34 times

ah yes, that one. lol

Liked
    70 times

Hey guys,

New member here. I'm trying to edit my forum options/settings, and I'm stumped on one of the questions at the bottom.

One word that defines "Turn-in, Apex, Track out"

I've tried everything I can think of, but I'm out of ideas. I guess I just don't know my terms :|

Liked
    1495 times

"line"

edit: or maybe "corner"?
    Last edited by robburgoon; 10-04-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post
    "line"
    That's why you get paid the big bucks to go racing . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    34 times

Welcome dutchoven. You can ignore those few questions from your profile. They are there to prevent bot spammers during registration. As long as you get just one of those question correct, you will complete the registration as you probably already found. :-)
    Rob is right the answer is Corner for that one.

Liked
    0 times

Name: Tim
    Car: Currently 2008 Chevy colorado with mid travel suspension.
    Track experience: None. lol.

Im extremely new to the sport, Ive taken a few of my friends performace cars cone dodging, but never got into it as i was always into the offroad world. I come from a background of fabrication and have built suspension/cages for desert/rock crawling trucks. Im a regular at the king of the hammers.

However, with gas on the rise, and tires becoming more and more expensive, Its getting harder to drive hundreds of miles in a truck that rolls on $1500 worth of tires and gets 10 mpg just to get out and have some fun. Ive decided to build a miata as my fun toy, and although i havnt bought one yet, im trying to learn as much as i can about the sport, and the car.

Hopefully soon i'll get to see you guys out on the track.

Liked
    1495 times

Quote Originally Posted by xjdesertfox View Post
    Name: Tim
    Car: Currently 2008 Chevy colorado with mid travel suspension.
    Track experience: None. lol.

Im extremely new to the sport, Ive taken a few of my friends performace cars cone dodging, but never got into it as i was always into the offroad world. I come from a background of fabrication and have built suspension/cages for desert/rock crawling trucks. Im a regular at the king of the hammers.

However, with gas on the rise, and tires becoming more and more expensive, Its getting harder to drive hundreds of miles in a truck that rolls on $1500 worth of tires and gets 10 mpg just to get out and have some fun. Ive decided to build a miata as my fun toy, and although i havnt bought one yet, im trying to learn as much as i can about the sport, and the car.

Hopefully soon i'll get to see you guys out on the track.
    Don't worry, you'll be rolling along getting 8mpg while towing an enclosed in no time

Liked
    0 times

Oh man, with my track record of vehicles, thats definitely a possibility if I get into this heavily.

Liked
    4 times

Name: Anthony
    Car: 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 True Red
    Experience: First track day was in 2009 with Redline at Spring Mountain . Been driving regularly at Extremespeed events and NCRC at Buttonwillow through 2010 and 2011. Last Track day was SOW 11-27-11.
    Favorite Track: Buttonwillow #1CW (have only ran that and 13)

Been going to more events in 2011 and meeting more people from here so decided to sign up.

Liked
    2356 times

Again, welcome. Your car has a nice stance. I still want a 'speed 3 for a daily driver.

Liked
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Again, welcome. Your car has a nice stance. I still want a 'speed 3 for a daily driver.
    Thanks, its an older pic and its changed since I wised up and had it setup by Darin and Chris. Definitely sits a little higher now

Who the F Likes Volvos? scottyd's Avatar
    San Luis Obispo, California, United States
    Liked
    0 times

They are a fantastic DD. Miss mine everyday.
    The DD '97 GMC K2500 Suburban 6.5TD PooBrown
    The Race Car '84 Volvo 245GLT JewBlack
    The Lemons Car '92 Volvo 245DL PastyWhite

Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Liked
    817 times

My name is Seth, I normally frequent Spyderchat.com. I drive a 2001 Toyota Mr2 Spyder. It's making about 133whp, stripped out, sitting on coil-overs, wearing RS-3s. I have to my name about an hour of track time at Adam's Motorsports Park, a go-kart track in Riverside, CA, and two days at Streets of Willow. My PR at SOW CW is currently 1:28.3xx. I have videos of my racing exploits posted on my Youtube account, in my signature below.

I think my noteworthy qualities and attributes can best be summarized with a story.

Ahem.

I discovered TrackHQ thanks to Cosmin. I attempted to sign up but hit a roadblock on the security question: In one word, what is another term for "Loose" when we describe a car's handling characteristic?

I am an internet veteran. The AOL 3-step log-in and connect ritual will forever be burned into memory. I remember being 12 and waiting for pictures of poorly dressed women downloading one row of pixels at a time on a CRT monitor receiving signals from a computer with less computing power than my present-day watch. I remember when hotbot was the search engine to go to, and Boolean expressions still worked. So, I've seen these types of security questions before. "no problem," I smirked. I knew a wide variety of answers would be expected, so virtually anything on topic will fly.
    The answer is obviously "light."
    "No, you idiot," says TrackHQ. "now retype your password, 6-digit security code, and tell me another word for loose."
    "Squirrely" I reply hesitantly.
    "No"
    "Slippy?"
    "As if!"
    "Unstable"
    "Good guess but no."
    "Drifty? Is that even a word?"
    "No, and possibly, respectively"
    "Undefined?"
    "Hardly, try again"
    "This is outrageous! Is there only one correct answer to this ambiguous request? ...Skittish?"
    "Maybe you don't belong here. Have you tried hondaforum.net? They don't know anything about cars either."

At this point I gave up and found something else to do. Meanwhile, I used a lifeline and asked a friend. "oversteery" he says.

And it worked. What the heck TrackHQ? That's not even a word... I can't be the only one.

Last edited by SDSUsnowboards; 12-08-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Liked
    1495 times

"Maybe you don't belong here. Have you tried hondaforum.net? They don't know anything about cars either."

HA!

Liked
    765 times

Now that's funny, welcome. I guess I signed up before the questions got too hard.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    34 times

Welcome Seth,
    the answer is "oversteer". As long as you have those nine letters in order, the forum software will grant you access. So say if you type in "oversteerYouMoFo" it will take it. sorry if you were a little frustrated by that. The extra security step really helped to prevent spam human and bots.

Liked
    165 times

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post

HA!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6 12 18 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 42 48 54 ... LastLast