+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2 8 14 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 38 44 50 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 1287
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: New Member Introductions

  1. #501
    BMW Master bawareca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    1,745
    Liked
    671 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zjchaser View Post
    Welcome, I saw your car at ACS with Speedventures and had intended to chat with you about it but got stuck chasing gremlins all weekend. Good to see you here now.
    Hopefully my car will be ready for ACS at 02/27.With the new turbo and 20% taller gears I hope to significantly improve my 2.00.7.I will be happy to meet you if are there.
    Not much interest for turbo bimmers here

  2. #502
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,979
    Liked
    1478 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bawareca View Post
    Hopefully my car will be ready for ACS at 02/27.With the new turbo and 20% taller gears I hope to significantly improve my 2.00.7.I will be happy to meet you if are there.
    Not much interest for turbo bimmers here
    No, it's mostly S2K, Corvette, Miata and Evo, with an honorable mention to Lotus for Manly and AJ.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

    2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

  3. #503
    Junior Member ///RS-2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    20
    Liked
    2 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mlk_f1 View Post
    ^welcome! i think we have more twitchy butt drivers here than any other make/model now.
    Thanks

  4. #504
    Senior Member ayon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    so cal
    Posts
    329
    Liked
    5 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mlk_f1 View Post
    ^welcome! i think we have more twitchy butt drivers here than any other make/model now.

    Would be kinda cool if we had a do-dad that showed how many of what type of vehicle's we had. I know probably more work than it's worth. Just throwing it out there.

  5. #505
    Senior Member mlk_f1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    18,157
    Liked
    34 times

    Default

    haha i can just see it. sitting here for 2 days going through this thread, tallying.

  6. #506
    Senior Member zjchaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Aliso Viejo, California, United States
    Posts
    1,741
    Liked
    15 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    No, it's mostly S2K, Corvette, Miata and Evo, with an honorable mention to Lotus for Manly and AJ.
    There are a few more lotus guys but they post much less frequently and Manly is selling his

  7. #507
    Senior Member zjchaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Aliso Viejo, California, United States
    Posts
    1,741
    Liked
    15 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ayon View Post
    Would be kinda cool if we had a do-dad that showed how many of what type of vehicle's we had. I know probably more work than it's worth. Just throwing it out there.
    here we needed a new poll anyway: What is your primary track car

  8. #508
    Senior Member ayon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    so cal
    Posts
    329
    Liked
    5 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zjchaser View Post
    here we needed a new poll anyway: What is your primary track car
    Yipee!

  9. #509
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    64
    Liked
    1 times

    Default

    What's up...I got bored and decided to sign up here..I've known about this place for a while but never really signed up / spent too much time here.

    I'll be @ thunderhill March 5/6th (in open) hope to see some of you there.

    here is my money pit. nothing crazy done to it.




  10. #510
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times

    Default

    Hello all - my name is Tim, from the south bay (N. Cal). Been lurking here for a little while and decided to say hi. I've been tracking on/off for the last 3/4 years doing between 1 and 5 events a year, too far and few between. The latest weekend/track toy is my 08 s2k w/ mild mods. Hoping to get more track time this year but we'll see!






  11. #511
    Master of Disaster SteveLevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Posts
    2,187
    Liked
    571 times

    Default

    Good to see more SF Bay people here!

    Tim -- were those pictures taken running Thunderhill CW (in reverse of the normal direction)? I can usually pick up exactly where a shot is taken there but I can't figure it out in your pictures.

    Steve

  12. #512
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
    Good to see more SF Bay people here!

    Tim -- were those pictures taken running Thunderhill CW (in reverse of the normal direction)? I can usually pick up exactly where a shot is taken there but I can't figure it out in your pictures.

    Steve
    Steve, actually we were running the standard ccw w/ the bypass. I can't figure out where the first pic is either at the moment, but the 2nd should be between turn 6th and 7th, and the last pic is coming out of the bypass (5a?)

  13. #513
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    0 times

    Default New Here

    Hey all! I can't remember how I ran into this forum but I will be here to glean info for the most part as my experience/skill is quite low.

    Anyways, my name's Nial. I'm from Portland, OR. I purchased this 1993 Mazda Miata when I was 16. I've got 20 or so autox's under my belt and 3 DE days. The focus of my build has been suspension/driver connection oriented. I'm currently a soph at the University of Portland studying sustainable marketing.

    Here's some pictures of "lexi".




    Hopefully it's refreshing to see young people not "slamming" their cars or running heavy and very low offset wheels.

    Looking forward to learning and driving more this summer.

  14. #514
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times

    Default

    Thought I would throw up an intro as well. I'll be up at Infineon w/ SV this weekend and figured I might have the oppty to meet some of you.

    Found my way over here from LT and BSpeed and have been lurking for a bit. Started driving in anger a bit over a year ago, and have developed a complete obsession. Who knows where it goes from here.

    Look for dark blue Elise #947 in one of the garages this weekend AT INFINEON.

    Cheers,

    Cappy

    Last edited by Implosion; 03-04-2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: For the avoidance of ridiculousness

  15. #515
    Chest hair required Olitho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,126
    Liked
    2224 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Implosion View Post
    Look for dark blue Elise #947 in one of the garages this weekend.

    Damn! I am not the lucky one. I just checked my garage and there is not a dark blue #947 Elise.

    Oh well, you are probably pretty cool anyway....

  16. #516
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,979
    Liked
    1478 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    Damn! I am not the lucky one. I just checked my garage and there is not a dark blue #947 Elise.
    Me neither.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

    2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

  17. #517
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times

    Default

    Heh. Well, everything is for sale. It could be yours for the low price of...

    One MEEEEEELLION dollars!

    Attachment 3447

  18. #518
    Outlaw 06 TJDiCandido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    CCCP (Connecticut Soviet Socialist Republic)
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times

    Default Hello

    Iím a new member although Iím not completely new to the track. I did two schools at Hawaii International Racing School a few years ago when I lived on Oahu (unfortunately, the school was forced to close in 2006). Iíve also done a few HPDEís with various clubs at Lime Rock Park in my mostly stock E46 M3.

    My Cars:
    2004 BMW M3 Coupe, 6MT
    2007 BMW 335i Sedan, 6MT, ZSP

  19. #519
    Senior Member markspd6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    cypress
    Posts
    281
    Liked
    4 times

    Default

    Just joined, got 5 track days in so far..Rollin in a Mazdaspeed 6.. Kinda rare on the track. Mostly, I need to get my ride Rollin better and my ass drivin much better.. But, I looked over this forum and I've met a bunch of you guys at the track already.. And it's nice to have a place to talk about tracking and focus a little less on how nice your 20" wheels fit your undriveable POS show car! I'll post some track shots later..

  20. #520
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,979
    Liked
    1478 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markspd6 View Post
    Just joined, got 5 track days in so far..Rollin in a Mazdaspeed 6.. Kinda rare on the track. Mostly, I need to get my ride Rollin better and my ass drivin much better.. But, I looked over this forum and I've met a bunch of you guys at the track already.. And it's nice to have a place to talk about tracking and focus a little less on how nice your 20" wheels fit your undriveable POS show car! I'll post some track shots later..
    Welcome. My advice, leave your daily driver Mazdaspeed 6 alone, and buy and old Miata. You can get a full on Spec Miata race car for $8,000, a good track day car with a rollbar, seat, harness, suspension, etc. for $5,000, or a decent donor car to modify yourself for $2,000.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

    2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2 8 14 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 38 44 50 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts