Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 14 20 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: New Member Introductions

Liked
    6 times

Name: Alex Cao
    Car: 2004 MazdaSpeed Miata
    Experience: AutoX...and that's it.
    I plan on taking my car to SOW on the 14th of December for my first track day.

Liked
    0 times

Name: Jason Putnam
    Home: Malibu, CA (originally Springfield, MO)
    Car: 02 Acura TL Type S (not track worthy)
    Experience: HPDEs at SOW, CSW infield
    Most feared track: Laguna Seca
    Favorite tracks: all of them

I have been into cars for as long as I can remember. I got my start wrenching on a buddies 300+ horsepower Integra back in high school. Back then it was mainly drag racing (at the track only of course) as there were not any tracks close by. From there I launched a small car audio/detailing business mainly for the benefit of family and friends.

A.J. and his family have been generous enough to introduce me to the track scene. Thus far I am living vicariously through their Lotus Exige. Iím going to the Porsche driving school in Alabama in a few months. After driving school I plan to not only legitimize my habit but also look into investing in a track car with my dad.

Manly I know I have seen you at the track a few times and Paulie we met the other day at Cal speedway, hello to everyone else.

Liked
    0 times

Name: Erik Islas
    Home: Apple Valley, CA
    Car: 06 Mitsubishi Evolution
    Experience: HPDEs at SOW, CA Speedway infield, Butonwillow CW#13
    Favorite track: Buttonwillow

I just started tracking a few months ago. My first track event was in May 07 and I've been pretty much stuck on it since. I've been trying to go to the track as much as I can, or shall I say, as much as I can afford which is usually once a month.
    You guys seems like a real cool little community and I look forward to meeting and getting to know you guys a little better.

Liked
    0 times

Name: Sherman Bahr
    Home: Thousand Oaks CA
    Car: 2000 Toyota MR2 SuperCharged
    Experience: Tons of HPDEs with just about everyone, but mostly Redline.
    Favorite track: SOW

I got my start with POC. I got licenced in STS then went on from there. I have run with POC, Speed Trials, Speed Ventures, NASA, Redline, and many others.
    You will mostly find me hanging with the Redline crowd.

I just recently added an Eaton M90 supercharger to my car and I LOVE IT. No more passing the silver MR2 because I have power now!!!

Love running with you guys. If anyone out there needs help with there lines don't hesitate to ask me.

Last edited by Sherman; 12-16-2007 at 01:15 AM.

Liked
    0 times

Name: Carl Rydquist, M.Sc
    Home: West Hollywood, CA (recently moved in from Sweden)
    Car: I freelance (= I race and do hotlaps/ride-and-drives in cars owned by various teams, manufacturers and various people)
    Experience: Hours and hours in professional GT racing (Porsche 964 RS, 993 RSR, 996 GT3 Cup, 997 GT3 Cup, 996 GT3 RS), Touring Cars (BMWs, Volvos), Historic Racing (Lotus Cortina, Morgan +8 Le Mans), prototype sportscars (Radical), club racing cars (Porsche 930 Turbo, Lotus Super 7, Miata) and street cars (Porsche 997 Turbo, 997 Carrera S, 997 Carrera 4S, Cayman S, Boxster S, 997 GT3 RS, BMW Z4 2.2, 2.5, BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0, BMW 3-series, BMW 1-series, Nissan 350Z, Volvo S80+V70 @ Nurburgring).
    Most feared track: None, but I really make sure I am fit and hydrated at the Nurburgring Nordschleife
    Favorite tracks: Nurburgring Nordschleife

Manly Kao introduced me to this forum, which I think is a great initiative for all race / track day addicts in the area. I have had the opportunity to meet a few friendly folks already out at CSW in 2007, visiting Speed Ventures with friends as well as hosting a racing clinic for owners of Rear- and Mid-engine cars (will be more of those so).

If you ever need a hand to setup/sort out your car or if you wish to receive general driver coaching to improve your laptimes and consistency, feel free to contact me (info@car-engineering.se). This also goes for advanced/professional racers (as long as you are not one of my competitors!! ).

You name it and I have probably heard it, seen it, felt it, figured it out, analyzed it, discussed it with race engineers, had it adjusted, worked around it and won the race.

Looking forward to meeting you at the track!

Liked
    2 times

Name: Kenny Chieu
    Home: Los Angeles, CA
    Car: 00 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    Experience: Streets of Willow, Buttonwillow, autox, Los Angeles traffic
    Favorite tracks: SOW

I started my track experience with speedtrial early 2006 with my 2001 corolla S. i was only 19 at the time with only 2 years of driving experience. i was addicted to tracks ever since. i had 2 track days and a few autocross with the corolla, until i sold it to get my mr2. i started out with a terrible setup on the mr2 where the suspension was stuck at full stiff and i couldn't do anyting about it. being that, i think it helped me go faster with my new suspension setup. i also have to thank Sherman for helping me out at the track with a smoother line and making me a faster driver. so far i have 7 track days under my belt along with a few autocross events (which i hope to never spend money on again). I wish to visit Laguna Seca next year.

keiichi and i
    Last edited by kenchi; 12-16-2007 at 11:18 AM.

Liked
    1 times

Name: Kelly Kestler
    Home: San Diego CA
    Car: 2005 Mazda RX-8, base model
    Experience: Danny McKeever Fast Lane Driving School @ SOW, 11 track days (6 SOW, 4 HTM, 1 BWR) since 2006, plus working for SpeedVentures 2 weekends in 2007 (more to come in 2008); many many canyon runs, and a few auto-x events (some in my old EG hatch)
    Favorite track: BWR, but that will likely change this year when I get to more tracks!

You will know me at track cause I'll be the one with the 2 dogs!

Liked
    0 times

Name: Darin
    Home: Walnut Creek, CA
    Car: Ariel Atom, Honda engine (NA 245hp)
    Experience: My first track car was a 2000 Porsche 996, which I loved and tracked several times. But that car was too pristine to track a lot, and I was hooked.

The Atom is a much more appropriate track car (maybe the most "appropriate" of all). I've tracked my Atom approx. 10-12 times now, and its been great. I love this car in so many ways, more than I thought I would. One interesting thing about the Atom that most people never think of - its actually a lot of fun to just cruise around on the street, slowly, in all kinds of weather.

Prior to HPDE's, I did some shifter kart racing, jet ski racing, and most of all motocross.

Favorite Track: I've driven T-Hill, Infineon, Laguna, and Reno-Fernley, and I love them all. Its hard to pick a favorite, but if I had to I guess it would be Infineon, because its closest to my house, and plenty challenging.

Here's a few videos of me driving the Atom, and a couple of stills from my most recent visit to Thunderhill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvdilDQ-XBI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0s9Dl93W2Y
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6Ovmklg8fU

PS - I just discovered this forum, and I think its a great idea. There's plenty of other forums discussing track driving, but they're all focused on a particular car, instead of the events and tracks.
    Last edited by dp35; 12-31-2007 at 07:01 PM.

Liked
    2 times

Name: Matthew Eugenio
    Home: Temple City, CA
    Car: 1995 Acura Integra GS-R Sedan (DB8)
    Experience: Just a lot of canyon carving at my home course: Angeles Crest. No track experience yet. I'm planning to join the AKOM Racing private event in April.

I got my DB8 back in October 2006 and have always wanted to go to track, but just never got a chance to do it. Not going to the track is definitely going to change this year. I hope to learn from you guys and hopefully meet some of you.

Here are some pics of my DB8. Enjoy!

Liked
    0 times

Name: Timothy
    Cars: www.t1autobahn.com
    Track Experience: Freeway on ramp and off ramp.
    Favorite Track: 110fwy from Lincoln Heights/Highland Park to Pasadena configuration North and South.

Here's me and my M1.
    Last edited by T1Autobahn; 01-19-2008 at 02:57 AM.

Liked
    0 times

Thumbs up

Name: Jared Goldbach
    Car: 2000 Mazda Miata LS

I have not actually been to a track yet. I am hoping that this forum will give me a little knowledge and insight as to how i should begin my dreams of attending track events.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by swimming108 View Post
    Name: Jared Goldbach
    Car: 2000 Mazda Miata LS

I have not actually been to a track yet. I am hoping that this forum will give me a little knowledge and insight as to how i should begin my dreams of attending track events.
    Welcome aboard Jared!

Liked
    0 times

Name: Bob Beamesderfer
    Car: 1994 CSP Miata [no longer trackable; took the roll bar out]; various others at MPG track day
    Experience: Solo, Streets of Willow, a few laps at Big Willow Springs, Cal Speedway infield
    Occupation: Road Test Editor, myride.com [autobytel's new site]

Would like to get a mutt, in other words, a daily driver/track car/rally-X car. All I need is money.
    Last edited by MX5Bob; 01-26-2008 at 01:52 PM.

Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by MX5Bob View Post
    Name: Bob Beamesderfer
    Car: 1994 CSP Miata [no longer trackable; took the roll bar out]; various others at MPG track day
    Experience: Solo, Streets of Willow, a few laps at Big Willow Springs, Cal Speedway infield
    Occupation: Road Test Editor, myride.com [autobytel's new site]

Would like to get a mutt, in other words, a daily driver/track car/rally-X car. All I need is money.
    Welcome to trackhq!

Liked
    0 times

Hello Everyone!!!!!!!!

Name: Eric Paplia
    Car: 2001 Honda S2000 Berlina Black
    Experience: 1 Track day with SRT Motorsports (Nov. 2007)

First track day was a blast. Met some cool people, learned a lot about my car and myself as a driver. Look forward to the next one. Anyone else on here do the SRT track days?

Some pictures I gathered.

-Eric
    Last edited by epaplia; 03-25-2008 at 09:52 AM.

Troll
    Liked
    0 times

Default Greetings

Hello, let me introduce myself, my name is Alex. I have an 85 Toyota Corolla GTS. It used to be a daily driver and weekend track warrior, now it's evolved into a strictly track only vehicle. I've put it up on cardomain site for all to see, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2971345 with the intention of competing in the 2008 GRM UTCC. I hope I get in.
    I've been doing open track and drifting for a number of years with this car, previously I had a Mazda RX3 that I drag raced. Then discovered Autox, and started autoxing the RX3, which really got the ball rolling. I then I got sucked into the AE86 Corolla, this is where I met Moto from Club4ag. I was actually looking for a s30 240z, but convinced me I should get a Corolla. From there I've been hooked on track days. I've been to all the Socal tracks and been having a blast. I've started to do 24 hours of lemons, and all i have to say it's so much fun. I hope to meet some of you on track.
    I've got time to waste so I post here.http://orangeadvan.blogspot.com/
    When I don't post I upload pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/22338369@N07/

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by JDMxDB8 View Post
    Welcome to trackhq!
    Thanks!

Alex, do you know Taka Aono?
    +++++++++++++
    "The history of liberty is a history of resistance." -- Nadia Boulanger
    Member SCCA > Cal Club Region > Pacific Sports Car Club
    1994 CSP Miata [Hmm, what to do next ... ]

Troll
    Liked
    0 times

Yup sure do. I still chat with him every now and then. I'm sure you also know Yoshie and Hiro. I went with all of them to 03 nationals, his last national event before he went full time with drifting. Guy has alot of knowledge especially with corolla setup, so i'm always picking his brrain and taking notes. Even though he drift he hasn't lost his touch, I can never catch up to him when I chase him at an open track event.
    I've got time to waste so I post here.http://orangeadvan.blogspot.com/
    When I don't post I upload pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/22338369@N07/

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Alex5 View Post
    Yup sure do. I still chat with him every now and then. I'm sure you also know Yoshie and Hiro. I went with all of them to 03 nationals, his last national event before he went full time with drifting. Guy has alot of knowledge especially with corolla setup, so i'm always picking his brrain and taking notes. Even though he drift he hasn't lost his touch, I can never catch up to him when I chase him at an open track event.
    He knows that era of Corolla and the AE86 inside and out. His driving and setup ability raised the bar for those that followed in that Solo class. Once in a while he comes back out, but his sponsorship deals keep him busy.

Between Solo, Drifting, Time Attack, Track Days and Club Racing, SoCal is lucky to have events for all tastes, including those who enjoy more than kind of speed event.
    +++++++++++++
    "The history of liberty is a history of resistance." -- Nadia Boulanger
    Member SCCA > Cal Club Region > Pacific Sports Car Club
    1994 CSP Miata [Hmm, what to do next ... ]

Liked
    0 times

Default New member

I just discovered this forum today....what a cool place! Hi everyone!

Name: Chien
    Home: Orange County
    Car: 2005 Honda Civic Si
    Track Experience: 8 HPDE's at Thunderhill, Buttonwillow and Laguna Seca
    Favorite Track: Laguna Seca

I started doing HPDE back in 2005 with my weekend car, an NSX. I did a couple events with the NSX but not too seriously. It was a bit scary for a track noob running around out there in an expensive car, so at the end of 2007 I switched up and turned my daily driver into a dual-purpose car.

So now I'm out on the track running around in a gutless 2005 Civic Si with some suspension, brake and LSD mods. Car weighs 2900 pounds and has 160 hp, but I figure I'll spend this year getting as much seat time as possible, and when I feel I'm getting the most out of the engine then I'll do a motor swap.

My two favorite mods so far are my carbon LSD, and the second is my Traqmate data acquisition system. It's great checking out my videos and run data after the event and learning from them. I've done three Laguna events and have been shaving 5 seconds off my lap time each event I do there.

My best time at Laguna so far in the dry is a 2:00 minute flat, which was done on 320 treadwear tires ( they were calling for rain that day but it didn't show).

My best lap at Laguna in the rain was 2:15, done on Falken RT-615 tires ( it was suppose to be sunny all day, but the skies opened and it was pouring...go figure haha).

My goal is a 1:50 laptime at Laguna with my current setup, but I'll need to do some better driving, use the RT-615 tires, and I'll need more negative camber up front as I'm only running 0.9 degrees and rolled over the tires horribly at my last event.

Pic of me and my car attached.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 14 20 26 ... LastLast