+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 30 36 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: New Member Introductions

Liked
    0 times

Hello! I joined in 2007 but this is my first post ever lol! I've been lurking around since I joined though and I love this forum. The main reason I haven't been posting is because I'm stuck out here in Abilene, TX and I feel disconnected from the scene. I'm from Los Angeles though and I look forward to track days at SOWS and BW13 in the future, once I get out of the Air Force. I drove all the way to SOWS just for one event. That's how badly I want to start hitting all the tracks in California. But for now, all I can do is watch you guys have fun there. Besides SOWS, I've had 2 days at Motorsport Ranch (www.motorsportranch.com) and I am looking forward to 2 more days there as soon as I get my car in better shape. I miss LA.

Jaku, Rob Walker, Nam Yoon, Manly, Emilio, and Charles Ng are some of my favorite drivers!

Last edited by samsam5886; 07-08-2009 at 08:11 AM.

Liked
    0 times

well, here goes Name: Alex Car: 05' S2000 Home: Orange County Experience: It all started last year with my 96 honda civic type-R hatchback. I decided to try the track for the first time, took the hatch to big willow after that track event, decided to sell the hatch for a new car with more power and better handling. i bought the car i always wanted the S2000 since then always been a track junkie.
    Last edited by racer9858; 07-12-2009 at 06:04 PM.

What's Traction Control? 600RR_Rocket's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by racer9858 View Post
    well, here goes Name: Alex Car: 05' S2000 Home: Orange County Experience: It all started last year with my 96 honda civic type-R hatchback. I decided to try the track for the first time, took the hatch to big willow after that track event, decided to sell the hatch for a new car with more power and better handling. i bought the car i always wanted the S2000 since then always been a track junkie.
    Welcome fellow S2K owner! Come join the 2009 S2K Challenge! (Click on my sig for schedule and details)

BOOM!Tough Actin Tinactin minorthreat's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

more s2k owners!!!
    Jairo "Hido" J

Gamble It Films!
    http://www.GambleItFilms.blogspot.com

Liked
    0 times

Thanks for the welcome. I would like to join the s2ki challenge but my oem clutch started slipping from the last track event, am trying to save up for a clutch masters stage 2. 'O' what you guys know about F1 clutch's?

What's Traction Control? 600RR_Rocket's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by racer9858 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. I would like to join the s2ki challenge but my oem clutch started slipping from the last track event, am trying to save up for a clutch masters stage 2. 'O' what you guys know about F1 clutch's?
    Never heard about F1 clutchs...

The most popular choices for S2K clutches are the ACT or Carbonetics brands. Check them out!

Liked
    0 times

Smile

Thanks for the info.

Liked
    299 times

Hi everyone! I just like to introduce myself as I just signed up. Name is Zhong Cheung and I drive a 2006 Mitsubishi Evo 9 (Graphite Gray). Was at Speed Ventures 8/1 Buttonwillow CW 13. I had a blast. My first time running at BW, ran a 2:13.1 in Session 4. I must admit this is a pretty technical track and will come back again to improve. Lots of time to make up on many of the turns. Good seeing some of you out there!!

Special thanks to Emilio Cervantes for helping me for 2 sessions on the lines. You have been a great help. Sorry for the low speed spin on the Cotton Corners in Session 1, lap 5. Fail on my part. Live and learn.

Liked
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by Pure EvoIX View Post
    Hi everyone! I just like to introduce myself as I just signed up. Name is Zhong Cheung and I drive a 2006 Mitsubishi Evo 9 (Graphite Gray). Was at Speed Ventures 8/1 Buttonwillow CW 13. I had a blast. My first time running at BW, ran a 2:13.1 in Session 4. I must admit this is a pretty technical track and will come back again to improve. Lots of time to make up on many of the turns. Good seeing some of you out there!!

Special thanks to Emilio Cervantes for helping me for 2 sessions on the lines. You have been a great help. Sorry for the low speed spin on the Cotton Corners in Session 1, lap 5. Fail on my part. Live and learn.
    welcome another ebo...
    -MattDennison
    Road///RaceEngineering - FederalTires - ROBISPEC /// - OdysseyBatteries - ACT - SPY+optics

Liked
    0 times

Adam Griffith

Portland, Oregon

1993 Mazda RX-7 - Been building it from the frame up for the past three years. Was planning on doing a full season of Redline Time Attack this year, but taking a huge pay cut at work killed that idea. Next year

I also do HDPEs and Hill Climbs.

Peace

Liked
    0 times

sexy asss fd +1

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by afgmoto1978 View Post
    Adam Griffith

Portland, Oregon

1993 Mazda RX-7 - Been building it from the frame up for the past three years. Was planning on doing a full season of Redline Time Attack this year, but taking a huge pay cut at work killed that idea. Next year

I also do HDPEs and Hill Climbs.

Peace

Sir flink
    Liked
    553 times

Andrew. Lurker. HPDE warrior in my big fat GTO:

Usually Thunderhill but I've done BW a few times, once with Speedventures.

Best lap of 2:09:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8uNY4I083w[/YOUTUBE]

Once I crack 2:05 I'll stop doing this in that car, but haven't yet worked out what I'll do instead. I might just go and take up W2W racing.

Liked
    1 times

Default getting started ...

Hey all - I've been lurking a while, and though it's not my first post, I thought I'd introduce myself. I bought a Miata in 1994 (original owner), and have been driving (not street racing) it in the canyons all that time. I just got turned onto taking it to the track, and after some time at Laguna Seca, and Buttonwillow, I'm totally hooked.

I'm planning to get a second Miata and set it up dedicated for track use and keep my 94 as a daily driver. You'll probably see me asking a lot of questions about safety gear before I start trying to get a lot faster on the track.

I've had some great instructors to get me started in the right direction. Ron Branam got me my first few laps around Laguna Seca, and Rob Burgoon taught me my most important lesson at Buttonwill - how to have an off safely. (Seeing how you harass him about his off's, I'm sure this will be good fodder )

I love this sport, and am here to soak up everything that I can learn to become a better driver.

BOOM!Tough Actin Tinactin minorthreat's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

welcome!!!
    Jairo "Hido" J

Gamble It Films!
    http://www.GambleItFilms.blogspot.com

Liked
    7 times

I've met some of you guys in person before, so I figured it was about time I introduce myself on this thread.

My name is Adrian Torres. Like most, I started tracking through the natural evolution of racers: street racer -> canyon runner -> autox/gymkhana ->hpde/time attack. I've been actively tracking for almost 2 years now. I drive an '03 Celica GTS in RTA and an '06 S2000 for the s2k Challenge.

I hope to see you guys around

[URL="facebook.com/atorreseng"]at_Engineering/URL]

Liked
    0 times

i should introduce myself. i'm chris, and recently started attending hpde events. i'm friends with kenny (the guy with the awesome black mr-s) and frank (the guy with the ridiculous hyundai accent).

i drive a 2010 hyundai genesis coupe, red, track edition. my car recently shared the front cover of DSport Magazine with a yellow 370z and silver evo x, along with a larger picture inside the magazine. here's a picture of it at the recent seibon customer appreciation day show. it's kinda riced out in preparation for SEMA, so yeah, i'll be at the nevada redline with full vinyl also

i also recently bought a small share of a carbon fiber factory, which makes things very exciting for when we're building the car to be presentable at SEMA. i'm also the exclusive distributor of frixa/hankook brake pads for the genesis coupe, evo, and sti Brembo calipers. awesome performance comparable to the big boys at a much cheaper price.

we also have a small share in an exhaust factory, which produces titanium and stainless, but we haven't taken advantage of that yet, as it would go against one of my primary sponsors, road race motorsports.

looking forward to meeting and tracking with everyone!
    Last edited by chris@vtengineering; 09-01-2009 at 03:56 PM.

Liked
    23 times

Hey look, another hyundai on the forums. How do you know Kenny if you dont mind me asking?
    Milkshake!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liked
    0 times

i used to drive a mr-s also! same as him, 2zz swap and everything. great guy that kenny.

Liked
    0 times

Kenny with a blue MR-2?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 30 36 42 ... LastLast