+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 29 35 41 ... LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: New Member Introductions

Liked
    2 times

Welcome jake, i have seen you at both events. I have an 09 corolla sport that i have open tracked a few times but i almost always use my 04 competition orange cobra. Here is a video of me in my corolla running with the bmw club. Mods are cai, muffler and stiffened rear bar on stock tires. Most of them are beginners.http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B...-on_204362.htm

Quote Originally Posted by jwlee7 View Post
    Hi, I'm Jake. Just discovered this forum recently. I've been to 4 track days total, you guys might have seen me. My last two events was with NASA hpde-1. I plan on staying in that group until I drive every configuration known.

Thats me, you guys might have seen me around. Lately I've been dreaming of getting myself timed.. just so I can see how far along I'm progressing. Once I feel my times are optimal I'm aiming for TTE/TTD, and eventually w2w

Liked
    1485 times

Lately I've been dreaming of getting myself timed.. just so I can see how far along I'm progressing. Once I feel my times are optimal I'm aiming for TTE/TTD, and eventually w2w
    NASA is awfully regimented and has too many rules. I wouldn't put up with their HPDE 1-4 system.

Why don't you come out with SpeedVentures or RedlineTrackEvents. Anybody can rent a transponder for timing, and you get a lot more track time.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    0 times

Thanks a lot for the welcome Kevin and Spencer. I got plenty of pics of both of your cars in my gallery. Right now I'm trying to get my car back together from my unplanned off road excursion at Willow Springs in time for the SpoCom car show next weekend in Long Beach. Busted radiator, intercooler, intake manifold, downpipe, couplers, etc. And everything is custom made or mounted. Wish me luck. Hope to see you guys there.

www.SpoComusa.com

Q.

Liked
    10 times

Hi, I'm Jake. Just discovered this forum recently. I've been to 4 track days total, you guys might have seen me. My last two events was with NASA hpde-1. I plan on staying in that group until I drive every configuration known.

Thats me, you guys might have seen me around. Lately I've been dreaming of getting myself timed.. just so I can see how far along I'm progressing. Once I feel my times are optimal I'm aiming for TTE/TTD, and eventually w2w
    welcome for another driver with lots of passion!

i'm with Richard, don't begin your track driving with NASA, you will not have enough track time to improve effectively

SV, Redline, other private groups, open test days all give you much better money for the seat time

also invest a $500 basic data logger system (like Performance box), it will be the best moeny you will spend to improve your driving from the data it collect and eventually save lots of money from renting timing system

also some NASA TT classes dont have enough cars or good drivers to have the fun compeitiveness, check before you spend too much money to build your car to the rules, otherwise skip the TT, use the money straight to entry level w2w
    Jaku 峠

FIA WTCC/Formula D Driver MiataCharles_Hong_Kong's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

+ 1 , don't waste your money on NASA TT. I used to compete with my stockish Miata on street tires in TTE Norcal, I think I never got any lower than 1st places. All you need to do is to show up then you have a high chance of placing podium. My advice for you is to quit NASA, spend the money on SV or similar track org and spend that on w2w if that is the route you want to go eventually.

Liked
    0 times

Red face

thanks for the comments guys. i only went with nasa cuz of the sit in instructors. everyone i had so far is really fast so i figure i got tons to learn from established racers. since i wana be no1 in competition i want to take the right way..not the fast way. cant be no 1 racer if im a ****ty driver. just from being on this site i learned that its ok to drive n stay at the limit plus correction.. instead of the "Stick to the line no matter what " mentality so ill be able to play with that next time. due to all the driving i do on my own i think i have a decent grasp of the limits of my car..but i never do it with nasa bcuz they get mad n tell me to stop corrcting the car in-turn. where should i look for entry w2w? my cars not that modified yet so i have lots of room for change. thnks again. its hard to find support driving my car

Liked
    0 times

Name: Nick
    I just started doing trackdays in cars this year. I have been doing trackdays on bikes since 03 and raced AFM (northern california motorcycle club racing) on and off since 04. I am currently using an 87 MR2 NA, and plan on doing some NASA TT racing.

Liked
    0 times

Newly indoctrinated:

Name: Fritz
    Home: Costa Mesa, CA
    Car: 2008 BMW M3
    Tracks: WSIR, SOW, CSW

Addicted since 2007 - newb. Learning fast and spending quick. That's the story. Thanks to Hakeem? Met at SV WSIR one weekend ago with Yuli(sp?) and told me about the site. Very gracious.

Fun but hot weekend. Almost have all the rocks and sand out from my off at T6... Working on the video.

Hi all!

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by Hellride View Post
    Car: 2008 BMW M3
    Tracks: WSIR, SOW, CSW
    2008 is the first year of the E92, right? How do you spin off at WSIR Turn 6?

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    2008 is the first year of the E92, right? How do you spin off at WSIR Turn 6?
    Yes. First year for US bound E9X's. Beautiful machine.

Meant turn 5...

Tires were hot - I traded back into the black group with not enough time for the tires to cool back down. Throttled too heavy for them and lost rear grip. Spun me around and off the outside of the turn.

I had bought two ContourHD pro cams but they didn't record it. Didn't know why at the time, but later found out the mem cards were full.

Liked
    145 times

Hi All

I am new here and I am addicted to the track crack pipe I have done 3 HPDE's so far SoW booth CW and CCW and looking to do more.

I have a 04 MINI Cooper S, so far I have put on R compound brake pads slotted rotors, Ate super blue fluid and some exhaust work. I may do more work on it or just get another car like a S2k or a 350z, any thoughts?

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Se7en View Post
    I have a 04 MINI Cooper S, so far I have put on R compound brake pads slotted rotors, Ate super blue fluid and some exhaust work. I may do more work on it or just get another car like a S2k or a 350z, any thoughts?

If you take it to Big Willow don't use a 4-point harness, make sure the driver's seat is bolted down real good, and don't try to save it if you spin in Turn 9. (That's a sick inside joke).

Motorsports Photographer imager993's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times

If you take it to Big Willow don't use a 4-point harness, make sure the driver's seat is bolted down real good, and don't try to save it if you spin in Turn 9. (That's a sick inside joke).
    You are a cruel one Richard.

Welcome Johnny, you'll soon learn to ignore this old man...
    Aaron Kupferman | 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Visual Effects Electric Reality | Motorsports Photography Motorsport Lens | Other Photography AaronKupferman.com

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by imager993 View Post
    You are a cruel one Richard.

Welcome Johnny, you'll soon learn to ignore this old man...
    In memory of Joe. I think he went the way most of would like to go if we had a choice.

Liked
    0 times

.. (for richard)
    Last edited by gofaster; 07-08-2009 at 12:43 AM.

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by gofaster View Post
    richard, theres really nothing funny about that.
    No, I suppose not. Since it's been quoted by other posters a couple of times I can't delete it. Just adds to my nasty reputation, I guess.

But seriously, I think it's great that a 75 year old guy was out on track. It's terrible what happened to him, but like I say, better than eating e-coli hamburger and dying of a stomach ache.

Liked
    145 times

I have read on several forums about Mr. Drey and it was sad. I have also heard several stories of people wading up their cars going down hill in the esses on SoW and I have seen several videos of EVO drivers rolling their cars.

I think all of us know the dangers and accept what can happen, thats why we still go to the track. I find it safer to drive on the track then it is to drive on the street but thats me.

If we wanted safe we all be driving Autopia at Disneyland, and I still not sure thats safe with some kid high on a sugar rush behind me.

Thanks for the advice I had planed to do big Willow in Aug but the economy sucks and I need to buy stuff for the MINI and I am not a rich racer. I have not gotten to the point of selling plasma or a kidney or any other debauchery to pay for track days.

Once again thanks for welcoming me.

Liked
    1485 times

Johnny -

Thanks for being understanding and knowing what I was talking about. I shouldn't post when I'm drunk.

Welcome to the forum. 3 track days at SOW, as I'm sure you know, is the very beginning of your addiction. If I can give you any advice at all, it's to spend money on safety mods before go-fast mods.

Have fun, and I hope to see you out there.

Motorsports Photographer imager993's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times

I shouldn't post when I'm drunk.
    But that takes all the fun out of the forum!
    Aaron Kupferman | 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Visual Effects Electric Reality | Motorsports Photography Motorsport Lens | Other Photography AaronKupferman.com

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by imager993 View Post
    But that takes all the fun out of the forum!
    Stick to the camera, shutterbug boy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 29 35 41 ... LastLast