+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13 19 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: New Member Introductions

Motorsports Photographer imager993's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times

Default New Member Introductions

Looks like we have a few newer people around here. We are a somewhat smaller forum here and most of us have met each other at the track in person. It is a nice little community here.

It would be great if some of the newer people (and people who have been around for a while as well) would introduce yourself and tell us something about you, your car(s), track experience, and anything else of interest. A picture of you and/or your car is also nice.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

About Me:

Aaron Kupferman
    Sherman Oaks, California

2002 Audi TT
    APR Chip (255 horses), 3" Down Pipe, stock suspension (springs and struts) except for a rear sway bar, front bushings, and camber plates so I don't fry the outsides of my tires. I swap out my street pads for Hawk Blues on the track.
    NT-01's on lightweight track wheels.

Have probably spent about 15 days on the track over the last year.
    Most on Streets of Willow Springs, Willow Springs Big Track, and California Speedway Interior Course. Loved the two days I recently spent at Laguna Seca.

Videos of lots of my track days here.

I work in the motion picture industry doing Digital Visual Effects for feature films and commercials. I have worked on Pan's Labyrinth, Night at the Museum, Evan Almighty, and am just finishing up Alvin and the Chipmunks as a Lead Compositor. Look for my name in the credits. Check out my website for some of my work. www.electricreality.com

I am also a photographer and have recently been getting more into automotive photography again. Recently I have had a chance to shoot the Laguna Seca ALMS races with media credentials. I had a blast and got some great shots. Check them out here.

I recently started a Track Photography business - Motorsport Lens. I don't take the normal "track day photos" that show a car that looks like it is parked on the race track, I use panning techniques and an artistic eye to portray the car in motion. Please take a look at the Portfolio section of Motorsport Lens for samples.

My Car

Laguna Seca ALMS

Me shooting landscapes in the Sierras

Liked
    1 times

Last edited by spnx; 02-12-2015 at 06:22 AM.
    greenhorn likes this.

Motorsports Photographer imager993's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times

Default New Member Introductions

Last edited by imager993; 07-23-2011 at 09:21 PM.
    Aaron Kupferman | 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Visual Effects Electric Reality | Motorsports Photography Motorsport Lens | Other Photography AaronKupferman.com

Liked
    15 times

good idea - stickied.

Name: AJ Latteri
    Home: Laguna Hills, CA
    Car: 06 Lotus Exige, 05 Toyota Tundra
    Experience: HPDEs at WSIR, CSW infield and Roval, SOW, BW, Laguna Seca(in a week), Jim Hall Karting schools.
    Most feared track: WSIR
    Favorite tracks: all of them.

I've been tracking on and off for...I guess about 7 years now...wow. I feel old, haha. I started when I was 16 in my Ford Contour SVT, then a modded Audi TT 225, then a turbo Miata, now the Lotus. I owe my fascination with cars to my dad who himself raced in skip barber pro dodge formula series for years, karts, and Russel Star Mazdas. Hopefully one day I plan to compete in some form of wheel to wheel racing..

heres one of my pops and I.
    Last edited by zjchaser; 11-01-2007 at 12:29 AM.

Liked
    1 times

Name: Alex Fruehsamer
    Home: Aptos, CA
    Cars: 2004 Toyota Tacoma, 1990 Mazda MX-6 GT
    Home Track: Sears Point
    Experience: Numerous HPDEs at Streets, Laguna, Buttonwillow, Cali Roval, Sears Point.
    Favorite Corner: T6 at Sears Point.

My first car:

Liked
    34 times

Great idea Aaron!

My name is Manly. Welcome to trackHQ. Just another bloke that got bitten by the track bug. I'm pretty new to the track scene. Only started tracking more seriously since 2006 after I got the Lotus Elise in October of 2005. I used to drive a MR2 spyder before the Elise. Track that a couple times back in 2003 at SOW. I started this site six months ago hoping to meet more track whores to share videos just because I enjoy watching myself from someone else's camera. And at the same time, I was trying to learn more about the sport, reading up from lots of different sites on the net. So, I figure it might be a good idea to have a more convenient place to share info about our sport regardless of what you drive.

Name: Manly Kao
    Home: Arcadia, CA
    Car: 05 Lotus Elise
    Experience: HPDEs at WSIR, CSW infield and Roval, SOW, HTM CW, BW #13, Laguna Seca
    Most feared track: WSIR

Cork Screw @ laguna Seca

Liked
    0 times

Name: JAY HOU
    Home: Pasadena CA
    Car: 1987 RX-7(SCCA ITE) in process of reengineering.1963 Lotus 7,13BRotary
    Experience:From 2001-HPDE SOW,WSIR.BW.CSW infiled.LagunSeca.SCCAClub Racing 2004.CSCC Solo2.From2001-current.Some Exp on Shifter kart

Started HPDE in 2000 with Speed Trail USA.With my daily driver 1993 LEXUS GS 300(AT) . 2001, Bought a 1987 RX-7 TII, Star Solo2 and HPDE. Blow the Engine At stubid Dyno guy at JUN USA.Decide to build a complete Race car SCCA ITE rule.
    2002-2003Feb,Carless,Co driving and seting up Solo2 cars.Miatas,M3
    2003.HPDE.RX-7
    2004.Get Regional Club racing License and race in CSCC.Solo2
    2005.HPDE.Solo2.Super Street Time Attack.KART
    2006.HPDE.Rotary Lotus. Solo2. KART.Super Street Time Attack.
    2007.HPDE,Solo2,Drift.Rotary Lotus.
    2008.HPDE,Redline Time attack. Rotary lotus

Quick machine spec. 1987 RX-7
    Engine 13BPP(NA) 320HP@8000RPM
    Weight 2380LB(with Driver)
    Tires Nitto NT01

1963 Rotary super 7
    Engine 13B 160HP@6500RPM
    Weight 1400LB(with driver)
    Tire Nitto NT01
    Last edited by DiyMAN25; 04-06-2008 at 01:42 PM.

Liked
    0 times

Last edited by onasled; 11-02-2007 at 09:14 PM.

Liked
    6 times

Name: Zack Reid
    Home: Oak Glen (Yucaipa), CA
    Car: 06 Mazda MX5 Miata, 00 Toyota Tacoma
    Experience: HPDEs at Big Willow, Streets of Willow, CalSpeedway Infield, ButtonWillow, Spring Mountain, Laguna Seca (soon). Drag Racing at LACR, CalSpeedway, Pomona, Rialto 1/8-mile. One Karting event at Moran (more to come!).
    Most feared track: Big Willow
    Favorite tracks: All except CSW.

My first car was an '85 Mustang 5.0 so drag racing was my start. I graduated to HPDE's about 6 years ago with a Trans-Am then moved up to a Corvette Z06. I bought a house and had to sell the Vette, but the track bug still bit so I got a Scion tC and a CBR600 to hold me over until the Miata (both gone now). It's a great hobby but just that... I don't intend to race or push too hard... just to have fun. I also drive Roy Sakioka's black Elise every time we meet and can be seen tracking in my buddies' 350Zs. Saving up for a 2009/10 Camaro and another sportbike, but will keep the Miata as a track toy!

Pictures of cars and one of me with Tarzan attached...

Liked
    3 times

I only have one post here so far, but I might as well contribute here.

Name: Mike
    Home: San Francisco and Reno
    Car: 05 Lotus Elise with roll cage, etc. and a modified 05 Noble M400.
    Track experience: Started in 2005 and have about a dozen HPDEs in all from TH, BW, Laguna, and Reno-Fernley.
    Favorite track: Reno-Fernley by far.

I'm pretty new to the sport and have really enjoyed the improvement I get every time I go out. I usually track with my nephew who drives my Elise and is, fortunately, a better driver than me. Even in a 500+ bhp Noble, it's a challenge to get around his Elise at Reno-Fernley. For anyone who hasn't driven that track, the full course, minus the front straight, is almost like an autocross.

Here's a video from 2006 in my then underpowered Noble (was at 306rwhp) at Laguna Seca, initially following my yellow Elise: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=5
    2005 Noble M400, upgraded to 500+ hp.
    2005 Elise S2 SCCA T2 legal

FIA WTCC/Formula D Driver MiataCharles_Hong_Kong's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Name: Charles Ng
    Home: San Francisco
    Car: 99 NB Miata, 92 240SX(located in LA, driven it less than 10 times since buying)
    Specialty: Mountain Racing, Drifting, Zero Counter technique.
    Track experience: Formerly a mountain racer in Hong Kong, was being introduced to track in 2004 first started in Infineon Raceway and attended on average 5-6 track days each following year including Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow, Thunderhill, Streets of Willows, and Horsethief miles. Attended tracks out side of the US including Zhuhai International Circuit, China and Bira International Circuit, Thailand.
    Racing Experience: NASA Time Trial E class 3 times first place. 4 hour Endurance Race in Bira International Circuit, Thailand.
    Favorite track: Some hidden mountain passage in northern california and Buttonwillow Raceway.
    Inspiration/hero: Keiichi Tsuchiya, Ayrton Senna

Everyone who knows me would know that I used to get black flagged and frowned at by track marshalls because I did a lot of drifting on track. Now things have changed in SV, they allow a separate drift session, woohoo! Besides drifting, I also like to run time trial, or to drive other ppl's car to compare driving techniques. Most important of all, I have my great buddies at the track kickin it with me, thanks to all and I hope to see you guys soon again! Happy Motoring!
    Last edited by MiataCharles_Hong_Kong; 11-01-2007 at 10:04 PM.

Liked
    0 times

Name: Paul Watson
    Home: Orange County CA
    Car: 91 300ZX Converted to TT
    Track experience: Various AutoX courses, Big Willow, Streets of Willow, Cal Speedway infield, Z- Car track events, Participated in some SCCA Solo 2 events, Provided passenger seat instruction on the C5 track at GMs Auto shows in Motion, Attended the BMW M5 and Z4 Performance driving school in Detroit.

Favorite track: WSIR Big Track

Ive been born into cars since day one; the apple did not fall far from the tree. Purchased the Z in 2001, spun a rod bearing in 2003 and swapped in a TT motor with the help of my father at home. Did I mention we did the swap on a residential street with an 80 gallon air compressor? Started shagging cones at ride and drive events nationwide for various automotive manufactures back 2002, then off to the performance driving schools and shortly after that I was the Crew Chief a pro drift team for about a year and a half. Now Im in automotive advertising and making HPDEs when the time and costs permit. Please introduce yourself when you see me!

Liked
    10 times

Name: YuYen Huang
    Home: Taiwan
    Car: Rental Elise
    Experience: Gran Turismo 4

Liked
    0 times

OK, bout time I leave my info:

Name: John Cherniack
    Home: Venice Beach
    Car: 1999 Carrera 2 POC MI/R5
    Track Experience: Licensed in POC STS and TT. POC Cup Racing school next month. Skip Barber Formula School. 2007 POC STS Winner. POC Time Trials. 2.5 years of track experience on 4 wheels, 2 years previous on 2 wheels. Instructor with POC and Speedventures.
    Favorite Track: Laguna Seca

Track addiction started on 2 wheels where I planned to race after college. Ended up being hit by a car my last year of school, woke up in the hospital, and never could ride as hard. During my injuries, I got my fix driving cars more often than bikes, and eventually became faster on 4 wheels in my miata. Currently working towards my Cup License with POC and doing my first wheel to wheel race on Dec 2 at then end of the school weekend.

Here is some pictures, Me with the car at CA speedway, Willow Springs, Streets of Willow, and my miata at thunderhill which some of you have heard me talk about but have never seen because I sold it over a year ago.
    John
    #522 996 Spec / GTS3
    JC3D // Racecars and Keyframes // 996 Spec

Liked
    495 times

Name: Steve Levin
    Age: Either born in the Middle Ages or just middle aged, I'm not sure
    Hometown: Sunnyvale, CA
    most often found: Thunderhill, Buttonwillow, WSIR Big Track
    sometimes found: Reno-Fernley, Laguna Seca
    car: Chrysler 300 SRT-8 "Silver Bulldozer"

I just started getting into this a few months ago, and am having a blast! You'll find me in the slower groups right now, that's for sure!

The 'dozer:

The most fun car I've driven yet:

Updated with an even more fun car! (my racecar, purchased in Feb 08)

Steve
    Last edited by SteveLevin; 08-08-2008 at 10:33 AM.

Liked
    357 times

Default New member

Name: Steve Pharr

Home: San Diego

Fun Car: 1970 240 Z (although I can't think of any part from the original car)

Family cars: Infiniti FX35, Nissan 350Z, 1964 1/2 Ford Mustang

Grew up doing the desert thing, 2 wheels, 4 wheels. Got into bracket drag racing, back into the desert, then into boating and now this. Had a 240 Z 28 years ago. Hated to sell it but no room for 2 car seats. Auto crossing in San Diego for 1.5 years. Have only run 2 track days so far, SOW and CSW. Am going to SOW on Oct 30 and CSW "Roval" track on Nov. 1. I will double my track experiance in one weekend

Your site has the best pictures and videos of any others that I have looked at by far. Keep up the good work! (Having just upgraded from Windows 95 on my computer, I am out of my league in that department!)

Stop by and say hi.

Steve

Attachment 1750

Liked
    0 times

Default My intro

I've been doing the SoCal track events scene since 1997. Back then, I could afford to do one or two events per year. I started off with a MR2 Turbo, but it got ridiculously expensive to maintain and I blew 2 cylinders @ Buttonwillow one summer. I switched to a 1988 Honda Civic and swapped in a VTEC drivetrain. It's a dedicated track machine. But I've yet to really go all out with it... all in due time. I usually spend $30 on gas per day. $25 rotors. The tires are usually $125 per. So it's pretty easy on the budget.

Haven't met most of you -- but I'm pretty sure I will one day!

Name: Jeff H.
    Home: Torrance, CA
    Car: 88 Honda Civic
    Experience: HPDEs at WSIR, Streets (both dirs), Spring Mtn, Buttonwillow (lotsa configs), Laguna Seca.

Liked
    0 times

Well, here goes.
    Name Brian Damschroder
    Home Prescott Valley, AZ
    Age 43
    Car 1991 BMW 325I

I got started with a track day at SOWS with Speedventures, and have run (badly) at Spring Mountain and (better) Big Willow, which is my favorite track for now. So don't complain about your commutes to the track!! My attendance has been very spotty, so my goal for next year is to make it to the track much more often.

Liked
    0 times

Name: Paulie P.
    Home: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Car: Nissan 350z 35th Anniversary
    Track Experience: NASA HPDE, Redline, Speedventures, go-karts
    Favorite Track: Buttonwillow

Hello my name is Paulie and Im a trackaholic
    Last edited by Paulie35th350z; 11-07-2007 at 07:16 PM.
    The Z33 Pilot
    Work S1 Meister for street, Rota P45R for track

Liked
    0 times

Default New member

Name: Daniel
    Home: Temecula/WLA, CA
    Car: Evo IX
    Experience: 12 hpde events? Two redline time attacks, helping manly fix his broken car.

Last edited by gofaster; 11-12-2007 at 05:23 PM. Reason: inline pic/trackday count

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13 19 25 ... LastLast