Wow.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDsXsdNgov0[/youtube]

Liked
    23 times

I'd hit it.
    Milkshake!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liked
    7 times

all you need is a $375,000 stick to hit it with. and that's not including markup

Liked
    142 times

That's more than a F430 Scuderia! The car has no heritage to draw upon, no races won. Well I can hope some day the engine may end up in a Lotus.

Liked
    2 times

i dont like the gap between the front bumper and hood

Liked
    23 times

edited.
    Last edited by 0.o slow 1.6; 10-22-2009 at 02:56 PM.
    Milkshake!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liked
    366 times

Quote Originally Posted by kenchi View Post
    i dont like the gap between the front bumper and hood
    lool frunk gap all over again@!!
    Do you understand?

Liked
    1477 times

I can't think of a car I hate more than Lexus (Hummer is not a "car"). They are as soft as Cadillacs used to be. Like driving your living room down the road. Cars for people with money who don't like cars.

There is no way Lexus makes a cutting edge high-end sports car to compete with Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani, etc. etc. It will be very powerful, but as soft a baby's butt and definitely won't have a manual gearbox as an option.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    2282 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    There is no way Lexus makes a cutting edge high-end sports car to compete with Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani, etc. etc. .
    I am not sure about that. I am one of those that won't touch an Italian car. bad experiences.

I remember reading this on a Sports Car Market Magazine. the cost of owning a 2-3 years old mid end Ferrari (at ~$150k) for couple of years was something like ~$100,000 (depreciation and maintenance).

There are a few who could afford $300k cars, but think it is ridiculous to pay $50k a year for upkeep.
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    I am not sure about that. I am one of those that won't touch an Italian car.
    OK, so it won't compete with Bugatti, Mercedes-McLaren, Koennigsegg, Porsche (e.g., Carrera GT), Gumpert, etc. etc.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    I can't think of a car I hate more than Lexus (Hummer is not a "car"). They are as soft as Cadillacs used to be. Like driving your living room down the road.
    that's what i think of toyota/lexus also. i hold out hope that the LFA and FT86 (the toyota-subaru platform) have more sports DNA than living room DNA. i've never driven an ISF but the IS250/350 lived up to toyota's numb and isolated tuning.

Liked
    0 times

I don't know about the LF-A but I actively race my track toy 20 weekends per year and I daily drive one of the hated Lexus cars on a daily basis. My IS-F is as good of a car as I have ever owned. I didn't buy it to be a track toy, I have it so my ass can be cooled by the ac seats and still get me across the country without ever being concerned about being broken at the side of the road. Maybe it would be worth your time to drive something other than an es350 to see that not all Lexus vehicles are living rooms for the rich on the road... For god sakes your vette was once a 30 plus thousand dollar car... Would that make you rich? What a stupid generalization to be made about an entire company... Nissan makes an Armada, does that mean the GTR is also some junk car for the rich just because the Armada is boring to drive?

Liked
    2282 times

17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    977 times

Quote Originally Posted by Elwapu View Post
    I don't know about the LF-A but I actively race my track toy 20 weekends per year and I daily drive one of the hated Lexus cars on a daily basis. My IS-F is as good of a car as I have ever owned. I didn't buy it to be a track toy, I have it so my ass can be cooled by the ac seats and still get me across the country without ever being concerned about being broken at the side of the road. Maybe it would be worth your time to drive something other than an es350 to see that not all Lexus vehicles are living rooms for the rich on the road... For god sakes your vette was once a 30 plus thousand dollar car... Would that make you rich? What a stupid generalization to be made about an entire company... Nissan makes an Armada, does that mean the GTR is also some junk car for the rich just because the Armada is boring to drive?
    Jeez.

Liked
    1477 times

^^^There's a reason why Nissan branded the GT-R a Nissan and not an Infiniti. But Toyota doesn't have quite the performance reputation that Nissan has. Toyota makes boring cars for the masses, which is why it is now the biggest carmaker in the world, surpassing GM which is the American Toyota (or is Toyota the Japanese GM--doesn't really matter). Make cars for the lowest common denominator.

I stand by everything I said about Lexus. My 89-year-old mother drove one until they finally took her driver's license away.

As for the Corvette, it is the exception that proves the rule that all American cars suck. The Corvettes they make today are way better than mine. I just can't afford one at the moment.
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 10-22-2009 at 02:49 PM.

Liked
    0 times

You can't make the generalization that " Lexus is for people that don't like cars" I agree that many of the cars are far from drivers cars, es, ls etc... but that's like saying that all Hyundai's are junk if the only one someone had ever been in is an 86 excel... Last I checked the Genesis is pretty damn cool! And nothing wrong with the Vette for sure... The new ones are NASTY.

Liked
    165 times

Quote Originally Posted by Elwapu View Post
    The M3 and C63 kick your car's ass.

Just sayin'

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by J. Tyler View Post
    The RS4, M3 and C63 kick your car's ass.
    Fixed it for you.

Liked
    2282 times

Trackhq'ers have all agreed:

Corvette drivers are overweighted with gold chains (I am guessing you haven't met Leisure_Suit yet )
    Miata drivers are girly
    S2000 drivers are ghey
    Evo drivers can't drive without their EBDC
    English drivers can't drive (ok, I just made that up to piss of a few here)
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast