+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By psychoazn

Thread: New Kid on the Block: BRZ v S2K @ Buttonwillow 13CW

Liked
    864 times

Default New Kid on the Block: BRZ v S2K @ Buttonwillow 13CW

This video opens more questions than it answers, but it is fun to watch.

BRZ vs S2000 - YouTube

Liked
    1478 times

Repost. And there is no question that an S2K is a faster car than a BRZ/FRS. I'd wait for the BRZ Turbo to come out before I considered purchasing one.

P.S. Driving skills at open track days vary wildly. You can't tell anything from a little video snipett of guys at an HPDE in street cars.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    1 times

i believe this vid has already been posted as the driver is a member on here who goes by psychoazn

Liked
    70 times

Quote Originally Posted by ASSALBERT View Post
    i believe this vid has already been posted as the driver is a member on here who goes by psychoazn
    Or Mike Kang.
    -Kevin M.

2010 Subaru WRX

Liked
    41 times

Hello

I could always give a TrackHQ level of commentary, rather than something made to... incite some controversy

The lead s2k is indeed holding me back.
    The S2k has more power, but the BRZ picks up speed faster at 90+. In the 2nd and 3rd gear turns, the S2k will walk away from the BRZ.
    The BRZ can stay flat through Riverside without the rear getting loose.
    The BRZ will scrub speed faster under braking due to lack of camber. It also doesn't suffer brake fade with just XP10 fronts. The brakes are twin piston and shared with the WRX fronts, and rears are from the Legacy GT.
    The BRZ had trouble rotating at that point (problem has since been addressed with.... a reverse tire stagger and alignment, FUBAR as Emilio calls it). As a result, it isn't able to power out of the Sweeper properly, losing quite a bit of time. Perhaps I should have tried 2nd...
    The BRZ is more stable at speed; it is far more aerodynamic, and doesn't generate massive rear lift at speed like the S2k.

The S2k is still subjectively more fun to drive.

S2k lap:

S2000 CR Buttonwillow CW13 (2:03) - YouTube
    Last edited by psychoazn; 10-05-2012 at 01:22 AM.
    Loose Caboose likes this.
    pucsicsal - The fastest unit of speed measurement is not the speed of light, it is the speed of flatout. Hence the BRZs limit.

Liked
    864 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Repost. And there is no question that an S2K is a faster car than a BRZ/FRS. I'd wait for the BRZ Turbo to come out before I considered purchasing one.

P.S. Driving skills at open track days vary wildly. You can't tell anything from a little video snipett of guys at an HPDE in street cars.
    Oops!

+ Reply to Thread