+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: New AIM Solo 2 announced !!

Liked
    2365 times

Default New AIM Solo 2 announced !!

Smarter, smaller and more powerful than ever: the brand new new SOLO 2/ SOLO 2 DL is the game-changer we were waiting for!

Not just a lap-timer, the SOLO 2/ SOLO 2 DL is the most precise tracker on the market: receiving data from GPS and Glonass, two satellites constellation, our device provides lap-times with just a max 2/100 of tollerance.

Moreover: because #AiM takes care of its drivers and riders, we fit 100 configurable RGB LEDs ready to inform you, sector to sector, if you are improving or not in live time.

Is that enough? Ofcourse not. You should know that the SOLO 2/ SOLO 2 DL has also a huge internal track database with over 3000 circuits: at the power ON, it automatically select the right one, without any need of your setting. But even if the track you want to get in is not into the database yet, SOLO 2/ SOLO 2 DL will switch to autolearning mode, understanding the characteristics of the track and giving the lap times anyway.

Tracks, fields, hill-climbs… Wherever you are, whatever you are driving or riding, SOLO 2/SOLO 2 DL is exactly what you need and what you always needed.
    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350R
    03 Miata Club Sport
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S
    Beck 550 Spyder

Liked
    61 times

So much for punctuation, spelling, and grammar. Lets hope the engineers behind this are a little more polished than their marketeers.
    Integral likes this.

Liked
    245 times

I'm very interested in learning more about the new Solo 2 and any new software to support it.

Mark (Iron Canyon Motorsports), have you had a chance to play with this yet?

Liked
    140 times

Will the DL version support multiple dictionary inputs?

For ex:
    A CANBUS ecu input AND the izze racing canbus load cells?

I would love to be able to datalog aero downforces along with ECU params

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif
    Liked
    361 times

Bout frigging time. They have been talking about the Solo2 for MONTHS. Now that it is announced hopefully that means a ship date is close. When they announced the MXL2 it was almost a year, maybe more, before it started shipping.

I have not held one in my hands yet though I have had numerous discussions with AiM wrt the Solo2. Probably the biggest enhancement are the leds which allow shift lights, warnings, and hopefully sector time indicators. A much more readable display also. The GPS has also been improved with a faster clockrate GPS, more sats being tracked, and different constellations being used compared to the Solo 1. The led sector feedback has been talked about for a while now on the MX* series but has not made it to firmware afaik. I believe this feature is available on the Mychron 5. The biggest enhancement I see though is the new file format that mandates the use of Race Studio 3. When RS3 Analysis is released, near term on the road map is the ability to sync video and data within the Analysis software. AiM has been lagging on this feature for a while now. The Solo and MXL v1 were memory and processor constrained which limited the features that the engineers could add. Now those handcuffs are off so while there might not be a huge jump in functionality initially there is now some headroom for enhancements. I don't know pricing yet but AiM's mo is to bring out new and improved hardware and maintain the price of the earlier model so I'll bet that the Solo 2 maintains the 399 for the Solo 2 and 699 pricing for the Solo2 DL. I am pretty sure the non-DL model will have an RPM pickup so even without CAN connectivity you will still be able to log RPM and have functional shift lights.

BTW the word is that the video and data sync feature will also apply to the earlier Solo and MX* models so that is a good thing for sure. This implies that RS Analysis 3 will also work with the older models. Lots of improvements in RS3 Analysis as data acquisition has come a long ways since RS2 Analysis came about.

All this is worth exactly what you paid for it.... but I believe it is pretty accurate.

Mark
    Last edited by markn; 12-08-2017 at 09:05 AM.
    AiM Data and Video systems, Suspension Setup, Race car builds, support, and rentals. At your beck and call.

Mark Nichols
    Iron Canyon Motorsports
    http://www.ironcanyonmotorsports.com

Liked
    2365 times

rumor (what AIM people posted on FB) is it ships mid January. and priced about the same as gen 1.

More than just a lap timer, this data logger is powered by GPS and ECU Connections and takes performance driving to entirely new levels. The new unit features colored shift lights, WiFI, alarms, alerts, RBG LED's and much, much more.

WIFI ?
    Last edited by bellwilliam; 12-06-2017 at 09:22 PM.
    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
    17 GT350R
    03 Miata Club Sport
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S
    Beck 550 Spyder

Liked
    2365 times
    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
    17 GT350R
    03 Miata Club Sport
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S
    Beck 550 Spyder

Liked
    140 times

Quote Originally Posted by markn View Post
    Bout frigging time. They have been talking about the Solo2 for MONTHS. Now that it is announced hopefully that means a ship date is close. When they announced the MXL2 it was almost a year, maybe more, before it started shipping.

I have not held one in my hands yet though I have had numerous discussions with AiM wrt the Solo2. Probably the biggest enhancement are the leds which allow shift lights, warnings, and hopefully sector time indicators. A much more readable display also. The GPS has also been improved with a faster clockrate GPS, more sats being tracked, and different constellations being used compared to the Solo 1. The led sector feedback has been talked about for a while now on the MX* series but has not made it to firmware afaik. I believe this feature is available on the Mychron 5. The biggest enhancement I see though is the new file format that mandates the use of Race Studio 3. When RS3 Analysis is released, near term on the road map is the ability to sync video and data within the Analysis software. AiM has been lagging on this feature for a while now. The Solo and MXL v1 were memory and processor constrained which limited the features that the engineers could add. Now those handcuffs are off so while there might not be a huge jump in functionality initially there is now some headroom for enhancements. I don't know pricing yet but AiM's mo is to bring out new and improved hardware and maintain the price of the earlier model so I'll bet that the Solo 2 maintains the 399 for the Solo 2 and 699 pricing for the Solo2 DL. I am pretty sure the non-DL model will have an RPM pickup so even without CAN connectivity you will still be able to log RPM and have functional shift lights.

BTW the word is that the video and data sync feature will also apply to the earlier Solo and MX* models so that is a good thing for sure. This implies that RS Analysis 3 will also work with the older models. Lots of improvements in RS3 Analysis as data acquisition has come a long ways since RS2 Analysis came about.

All this is worth exactly what you paid for it.... but I believe it is pretty accurate.

Mar
    Hey Mark,
    Ill ask these questions publicly so if there is an answer everyone gets the benefit:

Will it support more than one smartycam (or other non AIM cameras?) so we can run sync'd front and rear feeds?

Do you know if RS3 will support theoretical video like motec systems (cutting video together by sector to show you the fastest lap)

Will RS3 be backward compatible with RS2 data files? I have collected TONS of data to use as reference material and would like to preserve it.

Liked
    361 times

Will it support more than one smartycam (or other non AIM cameras?) so we can run sync'd front and rear feeds?

I take the 5th on this q Lets say the topic has come up.

Do you know if RS3 will support theoretical video like motec systems (cutting video together by sector to show you the fastest lap)

That is a feature for RS3 Analysis. I am not sure if this feature will be there when video/data sync is first released. There is no guarantee that RS3 Analysis will include data/video sync on the first release either but the framework is there.

Will RS3 be backward compatible with RS2 data files? I have collected TONS of data to use as reference material and would like to preserve it..

Yes on compatibility.
    AiM Data and Video systems, Suspension Setup, Race car builds, support, and rentals. At your beck and call.

Mark Nichols
    Iron Canyon Motorsports

Liked
    245 times

It's now on AiM's website:
    AiM Solo 2/Solo 2 DL
    bellwilliam likes this.

Liked
    2228 times

Should we do a group buy from one of our esteemed TrackHQ sponsors?

I am in for one for Christmas, maybe two units.
    bellwilliam and MikeColangelo like this.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Kam
    Liked
    88 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post

this. I'm in for one as well.
    4.6lbs / whp -- 4lbs / bhp

Liked
    361 times

Happy to put together a group buy. If you are interested send me a pm with contact info and which model you are interested in (Solo2 or Solo2 dl).

Pricing has not yet been confirmed. Once I have pricing and a head count I can determine the GB requirements. All indications are that the Solo2 will not be shipping until Feb earliest.

Mark
    MikeColangelo and deng like this.

Mark Nichols
    Iron Canyon Motorsports

Liked
    245 times

Oli, is the current Solo DL plug and play with the C5 Z06 or does it require splicing into the harness? I'm assuming the new Solo 2 DL would be the same.

Liked
    11 times

Quote Originally Posted by Kam View Post
    this. I'm in for one as well.
    Count me in too.

Just got the DL but wouldn't mind having this one too

Liked
    2228 times

Quote Originally Posted by MikeColangelo View Post
    Oli, is the current Solo DL plug and play with the C5 Z06 or does it require splicing into the harness? I'm assuming the new Solo 2 DL would be the same.
    First let me say I am wondering if the new DL will work with the C5 series cars. The current generation of DL sort of works. It will get speed, RPM, water temps and a few basic ODB2, but some of the really more obscure stuff does not communicate to and record on the Solo 1 DL.

I am buying a new one a bit on faith that it records at least the current stuff.
    MikeColangelo likes this.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    140 times

Count me in on a group buy.

Liked
    2365 times

count me in group buy too.
    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
    17 GT350R
    03 Miata Club Sport
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S
    Beck 550 Spyder

Liked
    361 times

First let me say I am wondering if the new DL will work with the C5 series cars. The current generation of DL sort of works. It will get speed, RPM, water temps and a few basic ODB2, but some of the really more obscure stuff does not communicate to and record on the Solo 1 DL.

I am buying a new one a bit on faith that it records at least the current stuff.
    The issue is not the Solo or Solo2 with the C5 as both use the same ECU CAN template. It could be the CAN map (aka template) for that ECU or the fact that the C5 computer just does not present that much information over the CAN bus. If there are channels (CAN PID's) that are presented over the CAN bus that are not included in the current OBDII mapping I can ask AiM to develop a CAN map that includes those channels. Right now there is not a specific C5 CAN map, the C6 has one, so the C5 uses the generic OBDII map.

Mark
    Last edited by markn; 12-08-2017 at 01:24 PM.
    Olitho likes this.

Mark Nichols
    Iron Canyon Motorsports

Liked
    2365 times

Quote Originally Posted by markn View Post
    The issue is not the Solo or Solo2 with the C5 as both use the same ECU CAN template. It could be the CAN map (aka template) for that ECU or the fact that the C5 computer just does not present that much information over the CAN bus. If there are hannels (CAN PID's) that are presented over the CAN bus that are not included in the current OBDII mapping I can ask AiM to develop a CAN map that includes those channels. Right now there is not a specific C5 CAN map, the C6 has one, so the C5 uses the generic OBDII map.

Mark
    I guess they have not heard of Spec Vette !!
    Olitho, MikeColangelo and bawareca like this.
    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
    17 GT350R
    03 Miata Club Sport
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S
    Beck 550 Spyder

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast