+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NC miata vs. solstice/sky turbo???

Liked
    103 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    Clint:

seriously, just give in and get a S2K. It really is a better car than both. you get a ton of competition. last S2K Challenge had over 30 cars. and there are a ton of GOOD S2K drivers for you to run against with.
    Quote Originally Posted by tq3z View Post
    Now you have me and William telling you the same thing
    ugh.....

trust me ive considered it, and ive driven a good amount of s2k's modded and stock and i do like them, and ive always wanted to see how well i can do in one modified the way i see fit. BUT EVERYONE HAS ONE
    but we'll see, their's still time for you guys to wear me down into getting a S2K LOL but man a NC really is lookin good

Working
    Liked
    29 times

S2000

Liked
    704 times

NC. Miata Challenge.
    Be different.

Or, hhave you thought about an MSM?
    Last edited by Red_5; 04-19-2010 at 07:20 AM.

Liked
    1477 times

American cars are crap. Always have been, always will be. Don't believe any of that "quality improvement" BS. It's just adverstising hype. Stick with Mazda.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    103 times

Quote Originally Posted by Red_5 View Post
    NC. Miata Challenge.
    Be different.

Or, hhave you thought about an MSM?
    MSM are cool, but im more interested in a NC

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    American cars are crap. Always have been, always will be. Don't believe any of that "quality improvement" BS. It's just adverstising hype. Stick with Mazda.
    yeah im leaning toward the NC, the lack of trunk practicality was kinda a deal breaker in regards to the solstice/sky.

but it seems now this thread is turning into the "why get a NC when you can get a S2K?"

Liked
    142 times

Don't go into the light.

Liked
    103 times

^

Liked
    0 times

I have a distaste for most American piggies err... cars, but the Solstice can be setup fairly nicely. GMPP has a moderate but well-sorted suspension package available, and there's lots of power to be had for the turbo cars. Plus, you can stuff 285's (or maybe bigger with some modification) in the rear.

If you want a challenge and want to own a car that's different from the norm I say go for it.

...And when the motor blows up in a few thousand miles hit me up and I'll throw a Honda mill in it. That should last you about 20 years jk jk

Good luck with you're decision man
    Last edited by BigMac88; 04-20-2010 at 01:29 AM.
    Hella Functional

Liked
    2165 times

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac88 View Post
    I have a distaste for most American piggies err... cars, but the Solstice can be setup fairly nicely. GMPP has a moderate but well-sorted suspension package available, and there's lots of power to be had for the turbo cars. Plus, you can stuff 285's (or maybe bigger with some modification) in the rear.

If you want a challenge and want to own a car that's different from the norm I say go for it.
    At the SCCA Runoffs the T2 Solstice GXP cars, these are largely stock cars by Touring definition, run laps within about three seconds of the T1 Corvettes. That is pretty damn fast. In the past couple of years Solstices have taken all three podium spots one year and the top two another year. They are clearly running faster than the S2Ks, Elises, Evos, etc. Like the C5 Corvette that was built by Heinricy to dominate T1, GM pretty much built the Solstice GXP to dominate T2. On both accords GM over-achieved in my opinion. Nine Runoffs wins out of the last 10 years for the Corvette and a win for the Solstice in every year it could be raced.

Liked
    103 times

are the ones in T2 the turbo ones? or the 2.4 NA ones?

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    At the SCCA Runoffs the T2 Solstice GXP cars, these are largely stock cars by Touring definition, run laps within about three seconds of the T1 Corvettes. That is pretty damn fast. In the past couple of years Solstices have taken all three podium spots one year and the top two another year. They are clearly running faster than the S2Ks, Elises, Evos, etc. Like the C5 Corvette that was built by Heinricy to dominate T1, GM pretty much built the Solstice GXP to dominate T2. On both accords GM over-achieved in my opinion. Nine Runoffs wins out of the last 10 years for the Corvette and a win for the Solstice in every year it could be raced.

Clint -

Find out how much the Solstice owners spent to win the Runoffs before taking the leap. You might find it pretty shocking.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    103 times

should i be scared?

Liked
    2165 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Clint -

Find out how much the Solstice owners spent to win the Runoffs before taking the leap. You might find it pretty shocking.

I don't think they spent all the much. The prep level is pretty minimal. Tires, pads, shocks and alignment. Robert Fuller of Robi Spec crewed for Zeigler who won in 2008, but got DQ because of a last lap altercation with the lead Solstice.

If Zeigler spend a lot of money it is only because it is cheaper for him to burn than those cigars he sells a billion of each year.

One of the local drivers has one of those cars he races and it is not really that big of a deal cost wise.

Oli

Liked
    2165 times

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFocus View Post
    are the ones in T2 the turbo ones? or the 2.4 NA ones?
    Yes, they have turbos and they kick ass.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2