http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2400 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    So srf3 is as fast as a T1 !! Holy ****
    hmm..
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    1429 times

Quote Originally Posted by BRP Mike View Post
    That was on a pretty gum ball tire though, doubt it will be the 2016 spec. 6-7 seconds is probably more accurate. If you have ever seen a map of the HP and torque curves of a Gen2 it isn't very pretty. A Gen3 on the other hand... It just doesnt make more peak power, it makes more power everywhere. It also is 110 pounds lighter which is most noticeable under braking. Brake points are equal or further in a Gen3 and you are traveling 2-5 MPH faster into the corner.
    Braking is fun and great for passing and all, but it doesn't make big changes in lap time.

What lap time does the gen3 do on equivalent tires to gen2?

Liked
    704 times

How much is a new SRF? I found a 2009 price assembled but delivered to Chicago of ~$31k. I'm not sure if that includes an engine.

Elite Autosport, Inc. - Spec Racer Ford

I think that a closed cockpit SRF type vehicle and closer to the price point of an SRF would have a greater chance of success. It's just my opinion but I think that most guys with the money to drop $$65K want Corvette levels of power to brag about to their non-racing friends.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    981 times

Quote Originally Posted by Red_5 View Post
    How much is a new SRF? I found a 2009 price assembled but delivered to Chicago of ~$31k. I'm not sure if that includes an engine.

Elite Autosport, Inc. - Spec Racer Ford

I think that a closed cockpit SRF type vehicle and closer to the price point of an SRF would have a greater chance of success. It's just my opinion but I think that most guys with the money to drop $$65K want Corvette levels of power to brag about to their non-racing friends.
    The new SRF sounds great and I would do that over the new prototype class for sure. It's going to be $75k by the time you get that car ready to race. I just want to add for comparison's sake that you can get a nationally competitive ST2/T1 corvette for $25-30k ready to race. So for $75k I could get 3 ST2 corvettes. Kevin's ST2 car was under $20k IIRC and so was mine when I bought it with crates of spare parts. I sold my old T1 car for $25k. Cheaper than front running spec miatas.
    bellwilliam, hakeem and bawareca like this.
    99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
    99 Supermiata "Super"

Liked
    977 times

Quote Originally Posted by redtopz View Post
    The new SRF sounds great and I would do that over the new prototype class for sure. It's going to be $75k by the time you get that car ready to race. I just want to add for comparison's sake that you can get a nationally competitive ST2/T1 corvette for $25-30k ready to race. So for $75k I could get 3 ST2 corvettes. Kevin's ST2 car was under $20k IIRC and so was mine when I bought it with crates of spare parts. I sold my old T1 car for $25k. Cheaper than front running spec miatas.
    Yea, this new class seems like lunacy. But I think most new classes are ridiculous and pointless when there are a plethora of under-subscribed classes already in circulation.

Whether the car is a "good deal" or not is not really relevant IMO vs the absolute cost of the thing. The Porsche 918 is a good deal vs a McLaren F1, but really, who cares?
    bellwilliam and redtopz like this.

Liked
    25 times

Quote Originally Posted by redtopz View Post
    Yep. It needed a few more k in parts to get it ready for racing but it's very safe to say that for the low $20s you can get something race ready for ST2.
    redtopz likes this.

Liked
    546 times

Quote Originally Posted by Red_5 View Post
    That price sounds right to include an engine. In 2009 I think I paid $4,800 including shipping to/from Enterprises.

Mike is obviously the gold standard on performance differences...

Steve

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5