+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Nanopro MT oil stabilizer

"Shoe"
    Liked
    578 times

Truce accepted but you never responded to my PM or emailed the military contact ('in your industry') who can answer your questions, so I somewhat question your honesty and intentions.

I understand the aversion to putting unknown products in your car and I respect that. However NanoPro's oil stabilizer and coolant are proven over years in race cars and many street cars with no issues. Their Penetrating oil and dry lube can easily be put on anything from guns to around the house. Please try them and tell me they don't work, please feel free to report negative findings. I haven't heard or seen any myself.
    Last edited by Stuntman; 08-03-2017 at 05:00 AM.

Liked
    222 times

One wonders what can be revealed empirically with oil testing, e.g. Blackstone.

If this product influences wear patterns it seems there should be some quantifiable differences over comparable oil intervals, e.g. multiple a/b tests in similar conditions. Many of us change oil in our race cars consistently after n events, making for more reliable and practical test conditions (aside from testing co$t).

Scope - this testing couldn't quantify the efficacy in terms of product performance claims - it's not that kind of test. But it could demonstrate that some effect is present and potentially substantial if the results are statistically significant. On the flip-side, if the results are not statistically significant, it doesn't mean the product claims are untrue, only that the effects on wear are potentially less substantial (i.e. than thermal performance). Hypothetically, if Nano Pro wanted to sponsor such tests I bet they'd have a willing sample in the race community, and with little to lose in the outcomes.

Discuss.

Liked
    2224 times

Quote Originally Posted by SeanB View Post
    One wonders what can be revealed empirically with oil testing, e.g. Blackstone.

If this product influences wear patterns it seems there should be some quantifiable differences over comparable oil intervals, e.g. multiple a/b tests in similar conditions. Many of us change oil in our race cars consistently after n events, making for more reliable and practical test conditions (aside from testing co$t).

Scope - this testing couldn't quantify the efficacy in terms of product performance claims - it's not that kind of test. But it could demonstrate that some effect is present and potentially substantial if the results are statistically significant. On the flip-side, if the results are not statistically significant, it doesn't mean the product claims are untrue, only that the effects on wear are potentially less substantial (i.e. than thermal performance). Hypothetically, if Nano Pro wanted to sponsor such tests I bet they'd have a willing sample in the race community, and with little to lose in the outcomes.

Discuss.
    I agree that there should be some pragmatic and controlled testing in the field to validate results that can be published to demonstrate proof of claims on reduced wear, lower temperature, horsepower gains and improved oil life.

To do so requires good data acquisition in the cars and a controlled testing environment. Oil testing through Blackstone can validate the improved oil life. I have historical Blackstone test results for several years back, but I have never paid for their extended oil life testing option.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

"Shoe"
    Liked
    578 times

Nano particles wouldn't register on their test not wouldn't affect the TBN. As you said, you may see lower wear metals but even then it's hard to quantify using Blackstone.

Liked
    63 times

Just picked up a can of the dry lube spray, we'll see how it works.
    If I get brave, I'll try it on the Radical's chain drive.

"Shoe"
    Liked
    578 times

Please post your findings!

That would be brave because I don't know the outcome. I would be confident with the penetrating oil on the chain but the dry lube may be great, I just haven't tested it or heard of anyone using it on a chain. I'd like to see the results on a gokart, bike, or motorcycle...

Liked
    2287 times

Quote Originally Posted by GraemeD View Post
    Just picked up a can of the dry lube spray, we'll see how it works.
    If I get brave, I'll try it on the Radical's chain drive.
    I don't see how it could hurt a chain drive. I've been using the ProLong spray lube on everything since I discovered it for motorcycle chains. If this is better, I'd be open to switching products.

Liked
    760 times

I'm wondering how the first date goes between Stuntman and Cooltech.

I would interested to see how this product tests out.
    bawareca likes this.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    63 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    I don't see how it could hurt a chain drive. I've been using the ProLong spray lube on everything since I discovered it for motorcycle chains. If this is better, I'd be open to switching products.
    With the Radical, the chain is very short, thus has less mass to distribute the heat. a motorcycle has a much longer chain and more time to cool before going around the sprockets again.

Caution; topic derailment!
    The key will be soaking it enough to penetrate between the rollers and the pins, then let it dry. It runs a 74ish link 530 X-ring chain.
    It did snap on the second lap that I drove the car, but that was due to corrosion on the pins from someone washing it and not putting a water displacement on, (many months before I bought it).
    I was lucky that it did not do any damage to the cases, as that is very common if they snap.

IMG_6528.JPG
    Last edited by GraemeD; 08-02-2017 at 10:27 AM.

"Shoe"
    Liked
    578 times

I think the dry lube would be great on a chain because it doesn't attract dirt and grime in the chain. The penetrating oil will be a no brainer and probably better than most chain lubes but I'd be interested in how well the dry lube works.

Liked
    2 times

for the oil stabilizer do you have to add it on every oil change for it to be effective?

"Shoe"
    Liked
    578 times

To be the most effective, yes.

Liked
    5 times

Dry lube spray works wonders on slow power window guides. Spray it in from the top with the straw and cycle the window a few times. Viola.
    Stuntman likes this.

Liked
    111 times

No experience with the product myself, but have seen countless of these additives come and go. They all:
    - Make incredible claims ("extends oil life up to 100%", "Improves horsepower", "Reduces knocking") - CHECK
    - Have shiny websites with fancy words like "Race Proven" "Military Tough" - CHECK
    - Have little to or no proper scientific testing (published in a peer-reviewed journal) available for review - CHECK

"Do you have any evidence that it DOES NOT work?" No, but the burden of proof lies with whom is making the claims.

As with so many oil discussions in countless car forums over the years, they usually turn into a quasi-religious war. Not my intention. Its great someone is willing to try new stuff. Myself, I will wait for evidence before spending my money on it.
    joshee likes this.
    Less powah is better

"Shoe"
    Liked
    578 times

Quote Originally Posted by doward View Post
    Dry lube spray works wonders on slow power window guides. Spray it in from the top with the straw and cycle the window a few times. Viola.
    Glad to hear. Try it in your home door locks, spray the dead bolt and house key.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2