+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Murder Mystery LS Done

Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Liked
    817 times

Up and running! No modification except for the flip-tie mod. I added a front tow hook, and some stainless lines. Next few mods will focus on hubs and wheels, probably, over the next year or two. The front ride height adjustment bolts have been removed, and the bushings on the rear bolts were trimmed. The car is now visually appealing, and also a deadly menace to small animals.

The LSDone hasn't been taken apart yet, but another hint has been discovered. My intake manifold was full of sand. Literally a handful of sand. It looks like beach sand bearing a slightly purple appearance. That same sand was found on the front part of the frame. Unbelievable.
    Loose Caboose likes this.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    1720 times

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUsnowboards View Post
    My intake manifold was full of sand. Literally a handful of sand. It looks like beach sand bearing a slightly purple appearance. That same sand was found on the front part of the frame. Unbelievable.
    Look carefully everything forward of the throttle body. Sh!t happens like people tighten the hose clamps on the inlet tubing too tight. The hose kinks and that's the inlet for the sand when people drive off track into the dirt.

Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Liked
    817 times

Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    Look carefully everything forward of the throttle body. Sh!t happens like people tighten the hose clamps on the inlet tubing too tight. The hose kinks and that's the inlet for the sand when people drive off track into the dirt.
    The tubing forward of the throttle body was full of sand as well. It was thoroughly cleaned.

Got a street tune last night, and another interesting bit of history of this car was revealed. The timing and trims were unaltered, but it was set to run on MAP only. Some other things were changed, which according to the tuner implies the car had a cam at some point. That doesn't exactly fit the narrative of the car's history, as I know it.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3