+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Motor Trend 10 Best Handling Cars Video

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

Felt like any racecar where you sit low and eye level with the door sills. Rear quarter visibility is pretty bad but outward visibility is fine. Maybe not so if you're really short.

Liked
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUsnowboards View Post
    Motor Trend is a bunch of shills. Describing the US Alpha 4C as "super light"? Please. It's like they haven't driven an Elise, MR2 Spyder, 2-eleven, Exige, NA/NB Miata, Mono, X-bow, Atom, or any car made before 1980 before. I like my reviewers and journalists not to suffer from amnesia and to remember that factual statistics are not relative.
    By today's standards, yes. Even the latest version of the Elise is a lot heavier than it used to be!
    '05 Lotus Elise
    '16 Porsche Cayman GT4

Liked
    1477 times

I just saw a 4C on the street. Turning left from PCH south to Torrance Blvd. east, by the Redondo Beach Pier. Of all things, it was BLACK! Why on earth would anyone buy such a beautiful new car in black??? Black hides the exterior styling lines. The only reason to buy a black car is if you are buying an ugly car . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Liked
    742 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    I just saw a 4C on the street. Turning left from PCH south to Torrance Blvd. east, by the Redondo Beach Pier. Of all things, it was BLACK! Why on earth would anyone buy such a beautiful new car in black??? Black hides the exterior styling lines. The only reason to buy a black car is if you are buying an ugly car . . .
    Black is OK if it's especially reflective. Then at least the scenery warps around its curves like the event horizon around a black hole. Pretty. Until they add black wheels and black tint. Then it becomes a featurless blob insulting the taste of witnesses and passerbys.

Since we're on the subject, what' sup with people buying grey cars? What kind of creature prefers grey, the color of cloudy skies, pollution, and cateracts, over literally any other color? I'll never understand.

And don't get me started on yellow cars.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    1477 times

And don't get me started on yellow cars.
    Virtually all sports cars look better in yellow than any other color. As long as it is the rich "fly yellow" Ferarri color, and not the washed out yellow that BMW was using a few years back . . .

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    742 times

Virtually all sports cars look better in yellow than any other color. As long as it is the rich "fly yellow" Ferarri color, and not the washed out yellow that BMW was using a few years back . . .
    I was joking. My car is yellow. I didn't like it, originally, but it grew on me, and there is rarely any other yellow cars to compete with it for attention.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    1477 times

I was joking. My car is yellow.
    Thank you, Captain Obvious!

Liked
    742 times

Thank you, Captain Obvious!
    You're welcome, Officer Oblivious.
    If I'm a Captain, doesn't that make me your superior?
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Youtube Channel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2