http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2398 times

Default The most irascible SoCal track denizen

Let the fun begin
    mlk_f1 and Loose Caboose like this.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    2398 times

doh. Missed Gordon. God love him but he is crotchety.
    Red_5 and Pure EvoIX like this.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    1477 times

emilio You motherphucker, you posted your stupid poll right after I posted my hilarious poll, which pushed my poll of the home page. Next time I see you on track you are getting punted for sure. Look for the point-by followed by the unpredictable move that puts you where the sun don't shine.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    165 times

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    doh. Missed Gordon. God love him but he is crotchety.
    Indubitably.

Liked
    2398 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    emilio You motherphucker, you posted your stupid poll right after I posted my hilarious poll, which pushed my poll of the home page. Next time I see you on track you are getting punted for sure. Look for the point-by followed by the unpredictable move that puts you where the sun don't shine.
    Did I do that? Gosh, sorry for the inconvenience good friend.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    1477 times

Did I do that? Gosh, sorry for the inconvenience good friend.
    Yeah, you did that. I enjoy your team racing exploits, even if we don't see eye to eye on a lot of things. You, William, Sonny, Andrew and all the other members of your racing team bring great honor to this website. Please keep up the great work and continue to post it here.

I am getting pretty tired of a$$ licking, even though I mean every word of the paragraph above.
    redtopz likes this.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    2398 times

Yeah, you did that. I enjoy your team racing exploits, even if we don't see eye to eye on a lot of things. You, William, Sonny, Andrew and all the other members of your racing team bring great honor to this website. Please keep up the great work and continue to post it here.

I am getting pretty tired of a$$ licking, even though I mean every word of the paragraph above.
    You take yourself too seriously Richard. You get upset and belittle others when they don't agree with you. That doesn't engender friendship with strong minded people. With doormats maybe, but racers tend not to be doormats.
    Thus few here are likely to choose you to be the godfather of their first child, but quite likely to seek you out should they require legal counsel.

Me personally, I don't argue with people like you. Thus my perhaps timidly facetious replies. Carefully worded and nothing you could hold against me in court counselor.

As long as you stick to your guns, making such strenuous efforts to point out what you perceive as flaws in our character, actions and deeds, you'll continue to piss people off
    and earn your rightful place as the Sheriff of TrackHQ. You add color here and for that, we are all more grateful than you might ever understand.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    1477 times

Why don't you say what you really mean? I mean it about how great it is that you and your enduro race team are succeeding and posting it here.

I am a person who is often misunderstood. Humor written on the internet is often misconstrued. Good luck to you and your racing team. I will always root for you. I think William gets me better than you do.

You take yourself too seriously Richard. You get upset and belittle others when they don't agree with you. That doesn't engender friendship with strong minded people. With doormats maybe, but racers tend not to be doormats.
    Thus few here are likely to choose you to be the godfather of their first child, but quite likely to seek you out should they require legal counsel.

Me personally, I don't argue with people like you. Thus my perhaps timidly facetious replies. Carefully worded and nothing you could hold against me in court counselor.

As long as you stick to your guns, making such strenuous efforts to point out what you perceive as flaws in our character, actions and deeds, you'll continue to piss people off
    and earn your rightful place as the Sheriff of TrackHQ. You add color here and for that, we are all more grateful than you might ever understand.

Liked
    546 times

Richard... but that's why we love him.

Steve
    Olitho likes this.

Liked
    2243 times

Next time I see you on track you are getting punted for sure.
    I wouldn't attempt that in a Formula Mazda.

Liked
    1477 times

^^^ That ignores that I have a death wish.

Liked
    2398 times

Why don't you say what you really mean? I mean it about how great it is that you and your enduro race team are succeeding and posting it here.

I am a person who is often misunderstood. Humor written on the internet is often misconstrued. Good luck to you and your racing team. I will always root for you. I think William gets me better than you do.
    I did say precisely what I mean. If you read something else into my last post, you are more creative than I imagine.

I sincerely thank you for the props you give the team. That doesn't mean I automatically agree with your views. I'm continually surprised that someone with such a forceful character and strong opinions as yourself is so easily offended. If one is frequently instigating debate and generating dissent online, one might be advised to develop a thicker skin.

If you take a swing at someone, be prepared to duck and not be too surprised if you take one on the chin. You're a pugilist with a bit of a glass jaw.
    Richard EVO and Pure EvoIX like this.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    854 times

Irony and "body language" are victims of the internet. But I tend to assume a wry, talmudic smile and that Richard's tongue is often firmly planted in his cheek.

Liked
    1477 times

I bought a couple of sets of 6 ULR wheels from Emilio when I owned my S2K, so I assume I am not really on bad terms with him. But the internet is a place for BS, and the fact that some of us know each other in real life doesn't change that. Smack talk on this forum and our real relationships as drivers when we see each other at the track are completely different things. At least that's my view.

Liked
    854 times

Plus, like I say: I always assume a sense humor behind your gruff utterances. Besides, where would be be without your irascible denizenship?
    Olitho and Red_5 like this.

Liked
    7 times

at least it's not cranky old dudes arguing about which wax gives a better shine

Liked
    0 times

Smack talk on this forum and our real relationships as drivers when we see each other at the track are completely different things. At least that's my view.
    Though Richard is clearly running away with the voters on this one, I will say, as a TrackHQ nobody, Richard has provided me with priceless professional help after meeting him personally only once.

I will vouch he lives his statement above, and despite his crotchety internet persona and his disagreeable political beliefs, Richard is there for his TrackHQ brothers.

Liked
    704 times

We all love Richard for who he is and wouldn't have him any other way.
    Loose Caboose likes this.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast