+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: the most exciting form of racing.... lets hear it

i dont care
    Liked
    5 times

looked liek casey stoner as he was being a ***** to Rossi... waaa waaaa waaaa
    driving cars n stuff....

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by nils View Post
    even the lotus challenge series looks like a good time... but arent those elises & exiges expensive?
    The LCS is a ton of fun with a great group of guys....I recently got my SCCA license with 7 other Lotus guys.
    As far as racing W2W though, I am considering getting a different car - looking into SRF's.

Elises/Exiges run anywhere from 30K to 60K, and with all the upgrades it's even more...the problem is that it's not economically feasible to do W2W when a fiberglass clam costs say 5000 to replace.

I'm looking forward to W2W, but def. a cheaper car....
    www.facenbody.com
    2005 Elise: Ohlins DA, BWR sway bar, RAC monolites, Pagid blues, Larini SE exhaust, CF everything, BWR s/c...
    SRF #237

Liked
    0 times

Grew up racing motocross so that is still #1 in my book.
    -Zach
    2005 GPW Honda S2000

Liked
    2165 times

Quote Originally Posted by plastique999 View Post
    The LCS is a ton of fun with a great group of guys....I recently got my SCCA license with 7 other Lotus guys.
    As far as racing W2W though, I am considering getting a different car - looking into SRF's.

Elises/Exiges run anywhere from 30K to 60K, and with all the upgrades it's even more...the problem is that it's not economically feasible to do W2W when a fiberglass clam costs say 5000 to replace.

I'm looking forward to W2W, but def. a cheaper car....

Why not consider a Corvette T1 car. The cost is about the same getting into the car. They are fast and durable.

And it will make a great track day car, too. At 3100 lbs you will be safely encased in a caged car that is faster, heavier and stronger than every other car out on the track. Trust me, they will see you coming and they will give you a wide berth.

I would be concerned about doing track days in a quasi open wheel car. Sure the wheels are covered on a SRF, but the cars are so small and light I would not want to share the track with a bunch of other 2,000 lb to 3,000+ lb cars. And those fenders won't really protect or cover the wheels too well when an S2000, Miata, Corvette, et al runs into the car. the fender will collapse and the car is still likely to do open wheel antics.

That is my pitch for you to drive a fun, fast and growing class at SCCA.

Oli
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    72 times

enduros are a ton of fun IMO. and for W2W, with few exceptions, the heavier the car, the more expensive it is to run.

because of that, gokarts are a blast as long as you aren't a big guy.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    Why not consider a Corvette T1 car. The cost is about the same getting into the car. They are fast and durable.

And it will make a great track day car, too. At 3100 lbs you will be safely encased in a caged car that is faster, heavier and stronger than every other car out on the track. Trust me, they will see you coming and they will give you a wide berth.

I would be concerned about doing track days in a quasi open wheel car. Sure the wheels are covered on a SRF, but the cars are so small and light I would not want to share the track with a bunch of other 2,000 lb to 3,000+ lb cars. And those fenders won't really protect or cover the wheels too well when an S2000, Miata, Corvette, et al runs into the car. the fender will collapse and the car is still likely to do open wheel antics.

That is my pitch for you to drive a fun, fast and growing class at SCCA.

Oli
    Oli, I don't want to race against you....I'd never win

I want to do W2W, and I want to enter a spec. class that will focus more on driver skills. SRF's are very safe from what I've been researching, and I would prob. only race it in its respective class (with other SRF's).

I'm keeping the Lotus and I'll prob. alternate between the two...
    www.facenbody.com
    2005 Elise: Ohlins DA, BWR sway bar, RAC monolites, Pagid blues, Larini SE exhaust, CF everything, BWR s/c...
    SRF #237

Liked
    2165 times

Quote Originally Posted by plastique999 View Post
    Oli, I don't want to race against you....I'd never win

I want to do W2W, and I want to enter a spec. class that will focus more on driver skills. SRF's are very safe from what I've been researching, and I would prob. only race it in its respective class (with other SRF's).

I'm keeping the Lotus and I'll prob. alternate between the two...
    Sure you would.

And T1 is extremely close. Let's look at the races this year so far:
    • AutoClub Speedway, Sunday's race decided by .138 from first to second
    • WSIR last weekend finish decided by 45/1000
    • Both races had lots of position changes between 1, 2, 3.
    • Track records broken with top finishers all on the same second for fast lap
    • T1 is quasi spec. You can't do very much to the cars.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    Sure you would.

And T1 is extremely close. Let's look at the races this year so far:
    • AutoClub Speedway, Sunday's race decided by .138 from first to second
    • WSIR last weekend finish decided by 45/1000
    • Both races had lots of position changes between 1, 2, 3.
    • Track records broken with top finishers all on the same second for fast lap
    • T1 is quasi spec. You can't do very much to the cars.
    Oli wants more T1 cars to beat now that Craig, Ryan and Steve are kicking his ass.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    72 times

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Andrews View Post
    enduros are a ton of fun IMO. and for W2W, with few exceptions, the heavier the car, the more expensive it is to run.

because of that, gokarts are a blast as long as you aren't a big guy.
    good lord. I posted early in the AM. I read the first page and then posted. was too asleep aparently to notice this thread was 5 pages long. lol.

Liked
    1477 times

the heavier the car, the more expensive it is to run.
    Not so sure about that. Open wheel cars like Formula Continentals are very light (about 900 lbs.) but very expensive to run in W2W.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    72 times

ok. there are exceptions to every rule I guess. A World Challenge touring car is lighter than a T1 car, but more expensive to run too. I guess what I meant was all things being equal, heavy cars burn up parts, tires, brakes, fuel, etc. That has been the case for every car I've ever run...

Liked
    22 times

Default World of Outlaws

If you grew up in the midwest you would know it is the World of Outlaws Sprint Car R acing.

900 hp 1200 lb cars with open wheels running inches apart at 120 mph on dirt.

You think drifting is new, these guys have been doing it for 30 years.

Steve Kinser number 11 Quaker State car has 17 national championships in his career and is still a strong contender well into his 50's.

Check out this video and see what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdurOMcCnOY
    Corvette Specialty C6
    Life is like a race, the best times win!

Liked
    1429 times

Dupe! Post 31.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3