Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Olitho
  • 7 Post By fatbillybob

Thread: Mid Engine Corvette 2017

Liked
    2214 times

Default Mid Engine Corvette 2017

bawareca likes this.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    1537 times

I'm no engineer but my fear is the the mid engine C8 will just be another bean counter compromise trying to display technology that already exists like under tray and moveable aerodynamics and lots of trite carbon fiber.

Lets see some real innovation and build a real streetcar trackday racer for the masses. What about switchable ABS to work with street tires or DOT-R race tires like the bosch motorsports ABS? What about center mounted driver with inline passenger seat? What about rollover and door structures that are FIA legal cage covered in the fancy cosmetic plastic so the car is club race legal? What about slide in elements to convert the street seat into full containment for the track? What about 4 corner push button ride height control to make speedy work out of corner balancing and on track testing and ride height changes to optimize laptimes? How about built in airjacks that will work on 100psi shop air? How about slide in bespoke carrier to carry a set of race tires to the track? How about a TPMS that reads out real time pressure and across the thread temps making for easy tire pressure tuning with on the fly driver's seat tire inflation and deflation?

OK...I'm day dreaming...how about just building a car that will not overheat and dial back my timing?

Liked
    133 times

might have more to do with up coming gt3/gte rule set integration than anything else.

Liked
    1477 times

Ferrari has only been building mid-engine V8 sports cars for 40+ years. So GM is entering this market at $150,000- (according to the article) with an American overweight imitation of the 308, 328, 348, 355, 360, 430, 458, and 488? Piffle . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    24 times

Lamborghini was first with a mid-engine street car when they introduced the Miura 1966. Just because Ferrari has made a bunch of mid-engine street cars in the last 40 years does not mean anything Chevy makes will be an imitation.
    Scott Winders
    PRC GTL #3

+ Reply to Thread