+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Med School Classmate

Liked
    27 times

Default Med School Classmate

I've been following this story for some time. It looks like today he was sentenced. This guy was a classmate of mine in med school.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/09/...ex.html?hpt=T2

I never thought of him as the most ethical guy, but I would have never thought he'd kill his wife. I wouldn't be surprised about the philandering, but I am surprised about murder.
    Last edited by DocNrock; 03-09-2010 at 08:47 PM.
    2009 Nissan GT-R -- nicely modded

Liked
    11 times

Dang, that is cold. What med school did you go to?

I'm glad that medical schools require interviews for admission, but despite all the hoops we have to jump through and the interviews we need to do to get in, there are still a few strange people in my class, and I wonder how they'll turn out in the future.

EDIT: actually a couple of the "strange" ones already dropped our or were kicked out, so maybe I still have some faith in the system...
    Last edited by NammyBoy; 03-09-2010 at 08:37 PM.

Liked
    27 times

Quote Originally Posted by NammyBoy View Post
    Dang, that is cold. What med school did you go to?

I'm glad that medical schools require interviews for admission, but despite all the hoops we have to jump through and the interviews we need to do to get in, there are still a few strange people in my class, and I wonder how they'll turn out in the future.

EDIT: actually a couple of the "strange" ones already dropped our or were kicked out, so maybe I still have some faith in the system...
    It sounds like you are in med school yourself; where are you attending?

I went to Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland.

Liked
    11 times

You guys think people in med school are weird? You should some of the people I go to engineering school with... I think they need to add socializing 101 for engineers to the curriculum.

Liked
    366 times

Quote Originally Posted by madant15 View Post
    You guys think people in med school are weird? You should some of the people I go to engineering school with... I think they need to add socializing 101 for engineers to the curriculum.
    THIS.
    Do you understand?

Post-College Racing Sloth hikickracing's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times

Ya, I think I had my dose of engineers when I was an undergrad.

Speaking of professional/nerdy schools, you guys should check out law school. Talk about stereotypes. Full of people who will do whatever it takes for them to gain an inch, even if it means that others will fall a yard. It worries me since they will potentially be in the position to affect many many people. So much for the profession that is supposed to uphold ethics, morals and the law.

Some kids in class yesterday didn't understand how some people will not bargain for a lesser punishment because they strongly believed in what they did. (context is nazis being offered amnesty if they admit and repent) Seriously? Don't you kids have any honor?

What did I expect when these kids enroll in law school thinking they are going to be politicians.

And no, ethics review doesn't seem to weed out anybody at either the law school admissions or bar admission stage.
    Last edited by hikickracing; 03-26-2010 at 09:09 AM.
    Aztec Racing
    fsae.sdsu.edu

www.hikickracing.com

Liked
    2165 times

Most labs are now using lawyers instead of rats in live testing. There are three reasons:
    1. There are more lawyers than there are rats.
    2. It is less likely the lab tech will feel any sympathy for the test subject.
    3. There are some things even a rat won't do.

Liked
    2165 times

Quote Originally Posted by madant15 View Post
    Two engineering students meet on campus one day.

The first engineer calls out to the other, "Hey -- nice bike! Where did you get it?"

"Well," replies the other, "I was walking to class the other day when this pretty, young coed rides up on this bike. She jumps off, takes off all her clothes, and says 'You can have ANYTHING you want!'"

"Good choice!" says the first, "Her clothes wouldn't have fit you anyway."

Liked
    143 times

Quote Originally Posted by hikickracing View Post

Speaking of professional/nerdy schools, you guys should check out law school. Talk about stereotypes. Full of people who will do whatever it takes for them to gain an inch, even if it means that others will fall a yard. It worries me since they will potentially be in the position to affect many many people. So much for the profession that is supposed to uphold ethics, morals and the law.

Some kids in class yesterday didn't understand how some people will not bargain for a lesser punishment because they strongly believed in what they did. (context is nazis being offered amnesty if they admit and repent) Seriously? Don't you kids have any honor?

What did I expect when these kids enroll in law school thinking they are going to be politicians.

And no, ethics review doesn't seem to weed out anybody at either the law school admissions or bar admission stage.
    Majority of Congress is now made up of lawyers.
    MR2 Spyder 2zz turbo
    Mazda RX7 FD
    Porsche 911E

Liked
    165 times

Quote Originally Posted by Silversprint View Post
    Majority of Congress is now made up of lawyers.
    ^Yup. Pretty much sums up the people currently running the country.

FIA WTCC/Formula D Driver MiataCharles_Hong_Kong's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    Two engineering students meet on campus one day.

The first engineer calls out to the other, "Hey -- nice bike! Where did you get it?"

"Well," replies the other, "I was walking to class the other day when this pretty, young coed rides up on this bike. She jumps off, takes off all her clothes, and says 'You can have ANYTHING you want!'"

"Good choice!" says the first, "Her clothes wouldn't have fit you anyway."
    What if it was a Ferrari 430?

Working
    Liked
    29 times

Shut up Jerry! I kid i kid

Liked
    0 times

Dressed in an orange jailhouse jumpsuit, Essa did not betray an emotion as Judge Deena Calabrese lamented that she could not hand down a stiffer sentence

"I regret that you have the benefit of committing this crime under the old law," Calabrese told Essa.
    Ouch. Should have just divorced her. Makes you wonder if the laws concerning division of property after divorce makes thees crimes more attractive.

Liked
    27 times

Quote Originally Posted by e46m3 View Post
    Ouch. Should have just divorced her. Makes you wonder if the laws concerning division of property after divorce makes thees crimes more attractive.
    Unfortunately, +1.

Liked
    15 times

ok so lawyers got no souls, doctors got no hearts, and engineers got no balls... lol what else.... how unfortunate...
    momofoolio Racing - http://momofoolio.webs.com

2nd Gen momofoolio Racing Time Attack S2000 - 07 Laguna Blue

Now Full Time Drift Machine - 93 Silvia 240SX S13 KA24DE"T"

New Drift Project - 98 LS14

W2W Companion - 90 NA6 Miata

Special Thanks: WestEnd Alignment, Rising Star Motors, APR Performance, SportCar Motion, Pit Garage, eXtremeSpeed, PuddyModRacing, Berk Technology & Amsoil

Forever Missed: 04 G35, 04 Miata, 04 BMW 325ci, 02 S2000, 91 & 98 Nissan 240SX

Liked
    27 times

Quote Originally Posted by momofoolio View Post
    ok so lawyers got no souls, doctors got no hearts, and engineers got no balls... lol what else.... how unfortunate...

Post-College Racing Sloth hikickracing's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by momofoolio View Post

I bow. lol
    Aztec Racing
    fsae.sdsu.edu

www.hikickracing.com

Liked
    22 times

A doctor a lawyer and a priest are in a life boat after their ship sunk. They can see an Island in the distance and they are trying to decide who is going to swim for help in the shark infested waters.

The priest says, I can't go if some one dies I have to administer the last rights.

The doctor says I can;t go if someone gets hurt I have to administer first aid.

The lawyer reluctantly jumped in the water and began swimming. Unexpectedly the sharks lined up double file and escoted the lawyer to the beach.
    The Priest said it must be a miracle, the doctor say no

Only professional courtesy
    Corvette Specialty C6
    Life is like a race, the best times win!

Liked
    1477 times

The fence between heaven and hell has been broken down. Souls are running through the hole in the fence from hell to heaven.

God yells at the Devil, "you better put that fence back up or I'm going to sue you!"

The Devil replies, "where are you going to find a lawyer on your side?"
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

+ Reply to Thread