+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ucfbrett

Thread: M1 Concourse

Liked
    811 times

Default M1 Concourse

A friend flew in to ATL over the weekend to pick up a car we found for him. He's from the same suburb I am in Detroit. I haven't been back there in many years, so he was telling me how well the city is rebounding, which was very encouraging. I still have a lot of family there, it is where my family immigrated to last century, so I have an emotional attachment to the area.

He was telling me about a country club track that is where the old GM truck and bus plant was on Woodward Avenue:

https://m1concourse.com/

I was really surprised! That used to be an area I hung out as a teenager, the rundown bars and clubs to see Detroit-style garage bands. Always interesting because a lot of the remaining plants ran three shift, so there was always a something going on and the bars were pretty lax about age.

He was telling me how well Detroit and surrounding area was rebounding. He's lived there most of his life (since the late '70's) and has never seen the city go through such growth and optimism. I was pretty shocked.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    2361 times

Because it's in Pontiac, you could live there year round and commute to work in Detroit.

Liked
    811 times

Woodward is a slow way to get to downtown, but it's doable.

I was busted racing on that street. My dad thought it would teach me a lesson to make him ride with his rally buddy to scare me above how little I knew about driving. It hooked me.
    Yer pal,
    Force

+ Reply to Thread