+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lotus trany mounts..

Liked
    0 times

Default Lotus trany mounts..

Ok for you Lotus guys out there....It seem that the hooples on other forums are saying if you add an engine/trany support brace you will have smother gear selection 2-3, 3-2 and so on...well these guys don't know ****...the trany cables are attached to the transmission and in no way affected by drivetrain movement unless your dragging it down the track..........an engine/trany damper works, as does filling the rubber mounts with a 80 durometer urathane which is what I've done.....This stops the drivetrain from bucking on abrubt changes in power on/off which can upset the car in tight corners...... adjust the linkage properly if you want to get it into gear.....

Liked
    15 times

Thanks Frank you probably just saw my reply over there. I think that engine mount mod will be on my list to complete this month. taking care of some mods this month and not doing anymore track days until the december 1/2 Roval event....which you should really attend. you'll have a blast with your car there.

Liked
    0 times

AJ dude I don't know how good the forcedfed engine damper is but I do know how well the engine mounts work with the liquid urethane.....do it..

1/2 rovel?

Liked
    15 times

more of a 2/3 oval + full infield. info: http://speedventures.com/events/eventdetail.aspx?id=146 I'm already registered for both days

I'll have to call you about the engine mounts, I'll need to pick up the urethane. The rest of this month is: build reliability into the car(suspension and drivetrain) before the slicks go on...and try to eliminate some of the understeer, while still keeping the car basically stock.....toelink brace, engine mounts, shaved steering arms.....

+ Reply to Thread