+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for work!

Liked
    19 times

Default Looking for work!

Hey guys,

Probably not the best venue, but I have not had much success finding industry work. So thought I would try here.

I am currently studying Material's Engineering, in one of the top 5 material's programs in North America. I am completing my 3rd year, and would like to find a paid summer internship (4 months - May to August) for my last summer as a student. Located in Canada, willing to travel where the work is.

In case you are not sure what a Materials (Metallurgical) Engineer is. Well, I am the guy that can link the chemical, mechanical and mining together. I study metals, phase transformations, thermodynamics and fluids, polymers, composites and ceramics. Process modeling and manufacturing. We are the guys who allow the development of new batteries, lighter and stronger metals, tougher, more efficient turbine blades and bamboo encased laptops. I am currently teaching myself SolidWorks for personal development.

Obviously from my racing I have some basic wrenching, data acquisition and driving skills. Im mature, good with people and a strong public speaker. I have management work experience as well, alas not in this industry.

If any of you are looking for someone like me, or know someone who may be, please let me know. References from employers and instructors available.

Thanks.

-Ivan

Liked
    546 times

Wish I could help you out! Unless you also have unix sysadmin skills you didn't mention...in which case....come on down!

Steve

Liked
    11 times

My advice is to play the numbers game and sending your resume out to as many engineering companies as possible and be persistent with following them up by phone, email, and face to face interaction.

Liked
    142 times

Try Exova Americas, my company used them up until we moved materials testing in house. I am sure they have locations in Canada. Also Exova / OCM in Anaheim, CA. works exclusively with plastics and composites?
    Last edited by Johnny_Se7en; 03-03-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Liked
    19 times

Thanks for all the responses and great ideas! <3

Liked
    2165 times

Being that I am in the IT business I don't have much exposure to the internship you are looking for, but I will keep my eyes and ears open.

I am also in SoCal, so that is another issue.

Oli
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

+ Reply to Thread